Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blackburn continue to implode.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I'd like to hear the views of Morgan, Moxey & McCarthy on a few issues at our club last season.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
****ing it up....not to mention getting their eggs in a pickle big-time it seems.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it seems that really well known superstar is going fire them back to the big time :D:D:D

He is well known though but for all the wrong reasons. He once questioned why Man Utd play Giggs in CM as his experience would be better suited next to Rio at the back.

Please let him be their next manager.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Singapore Shebby Singh is a well known pundit on ESPN / Star Sports as a foil to Steve McMahon. He is universally recognized as a complete buffoon. The reason I assumed he was chosen to waste the oxygen next to Macca was because he is a regional ex pro.

His analysis of the game is schoolboy level and he appears to have a bit of a superiority complex also.

Good luck blackbum

Last edited by a moderator:
H

howling wolf

In Singapore Shebby Singh is a well known pundit on ESPN / Star Sports as a foil to Steve McMahon. He is universally recognized as a complete buffoon. The reason I assumed he was chosen to waste the oxygen next to Macca was because he is a regional ex pro.

His analysis of the game is schoolboy level and he appears to have a bit of a superiority complex also.

He comes across as a likeable enough chap on TV - used to get him in HK - but as you say, not really what one would call a deep thinker about the game, and this seems an odd appointment; indeed, I've no idea how he would even have been in the running unless he's a good friend of someone.

T

thaibri2

Singh a song of sixpence (2.5 pence)

I know some of the presenters of Star/ESPN and he is considered an absolute joke by all of them, the most inspiring thing I ever heard said about him is "Shebby is Shebby" whatever that meant. On a par with a certain Andy Penders who is equally the worst pundit in SE Asia.

Hes a Spurs fan by the way and Andy Pandy a Soton fan, if anyone is interested.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He comes across as a likeable enough chap on TV - used to get him in HK - but as you say, not really what one would call a deep thinker about the game, and this seems an odd appointment; indeed, I've no idea how he would even have been in the running unless he's a good friend of someone.

No mate - sorry - he's a tool. Just seen a mate of mine who played in John Dyke's [Barclays PL International TV presenter] final Singapore game which was basically a bit-of-a-laugh for charity. A "Dyksie's 11" against the "Singapore Crickey Club PADS". Shebby was playing for the 11 and the score was 2-2 with 5 mins to go and disappointingly Dyksie hadn't scored on his last appearance in Singa [Dyksie was playing the second half for the PADS [which was his team as is my mate's]].

Anyway one of the other team rugby tackeld Dyksie [deliberately] to get him a pen which he scored from and everone cheered.... apart from Shebby .... he took his shirt off, threw it to the ground, said "I'm a professional" and stormed off. Went straight home. Missed the end of the game, missed the dinner, missed the $$$$ up afterwards. Knows lot about SE Asian football but $$$$ all else.

PS - this is all word of mouth but from my boss who I trust. Wish he'd gone to Bolton instead of Blackburn but hey- Bolton are $$$$ed anyway :D

S

singaporewolf

Shebby is a joker! Walked past him a few times in Singapore and I pay zero attention to his views as he has no idea what he is talking about.

S

singwolf_1

I was just about to post the bit about Shebby Singh but i guess you lot are well up to speed. I don't ever remember him being that much of a hot-shot player. And certainly not a hot-shot analyst. Blackburn are taking a risky step here.

One notable quote from Yahoo - "The typical “Malaysia Boleh†reaction was also recorded in the online forum, while others expressed gratitude that Shebby would not be giving his opinion on TV anymore." :D

some border-line racist comments on the hardware zone.... but the tone of disbelief is quite striking!

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...charge-blackburns-present-future-3781645.html

http://my.news.yahoo.com/spt--ex-ma...as-blackburn-rovers-director-of-football.html

S

singaporewolf

I wonder what great pundit they'll get in to replace him

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe this.....I saw the name Shebby Singh and thought it was just coincidental that he had the same name as that fool off Star Sports.
I thought he was only on there because they couldn't have a screen full of foreigners.

I like this from his wiki page:

His career in domestic football lasted eighteen years from 1978–96. He won every domestic honour, including the Malaysia Cup, Malaysian FA Cup and League Championship.[1] He has played against the likes of Bayern Munich, Hamburg SV, Aston Villa and Newcastle. He was named Man of The Match when facing Shrewsbury Town. Shrews manager Graham Turner rated his performance as 'Top class'.[2].

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now they are signing Danny Murphy and paying him a fair whack probably on a long-ish contract which he wouldn't get anywhere else! How can they afford him but continue to sell all their best players?!

A

andyc225

Now they are signing Danny Murphy and paying him a fair whack probably on a long-ish contract which he wouldn't get anywhere else! How can they afford him but continue to sell all their best players?!

Just spoke to a Rovers-supporting mate about this. They're still a little sore from what Murphy said about Big Sam/Pulis/Mick.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see that arrogant $$$$ Murphy on a road to nowhere

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're abysmal off the pitch and I'd spend my time crying if I was a fan....but Danny Murphy is a very very good signing at Champo level.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're abysmal off the pitch and I'd spend my time crying if I was a fan....but Danny Murphy is a very very good signing at Champo level.

Nobody knows what he'll be like yet....set pieces should be very good though.
When we bought Mark Atkins from Blackburn he looked the perfect signing for a player dropping down a level, but he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game and the ball was buzzing past him most of the time, totally different. I think he ended up at right back !

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody knows what he'll be like yet....set pieces should be very good though.
When we bought Mark Atkins from Blackburn he looked the perfect signing for a player dropping down a level, but he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game and the ball was buzzing past him most of the time, totally different. I think he ended up at right back !
Not sure what this has to do with Danny Murphy, apart from the tenuous Blackburn link?! I think DM is an excellent signing for them and does not signal that BR are imploding?

A

andyc225

Danny Murphy is looking for a final payday. There's just a great irony about it being at Blackburn.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange signing. No Championship experience and think the pace will be too much for him. Most players will relish the chance to clatter him.

Interested to see how he copes.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure what this has to do with Danny Murphy, apart from the tenuous Blackburn link?! I think DM is an excellent signing for them and does not signal that BR are imploding?

You remember Mark Atkins? Same position, same job, under-rated player, just won the title...major surprise he dropped a level, but he couldn't cut it with the faster pace and pinball midfield game.
It's too early to say Murphy is an excellent signing for the Championship, he's never played at this level and hates the rough side of the game....he might be useless.
Didn't agree they were imploding, it's an ambitious signing, but nobody can say one way or the other whether it's "excellent" yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dorset DeWolf

I can't find where now, but I'm sure I seen on twitter earlier that they're on the verge of signing Harry Kewell!!!!

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having being forced to listen to the imbecile for the last 5 years almost nightly I wouldn't be overly surprised if Shebby put in a bid for Glenn Hoddle or Teddy Sheringham.

He's already come out with some cracking statements such as if Blackburn played his favorite team, Spuds, he'd be keeping his fingers crossed under the table hoping for a draw.

Director of football ???

M

morosewolf

Also after Leon Best, and Bolton supposedly signing Andrews. I don't think we can write either of these 2 off next year

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't find where now, but I'm sure I seen on twitter earlier that they're on the verge of signing Harry Kewell!!!!

Yeah, he's left Melbourne after a season because his wife's mum is very ill so they're coming back to England....33 now though.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Erm, ok. Anyway- so much for Blackburn imploding- some decent signings, there.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On paper yes, but same could be said back in the Nineties for us, but sadly they was just coming for one final payday.

Can anyone see Harry rolling his selves up and getting stuck in on a cold Tuesday night away at Barnsley

P

PeteWolf

Mark Atkins had a bad start to his career in the season he arrived when the whole team was falling apart (95/96), but that second season he was outstanding, and rightly won player of the season.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harry Kewell and Danny Murphy. Who next, Steve McMenamin?

Looks like they are trying yto build an old Liverpool team. Im sure the Champ teams are quaking in their boots.

Reaction score
Indeed. I get the argument that it'll all be a bit rough & tough for him, but just think he's too good for that to really matter.

P

Paul76

Danny Murphy's legs are on the way out. He didn't last the 90 minutes last season in the a lot of the games. I can recall him being subbed numerous times.

I'm sure he will have an impact. I'm not sure whether he'll be worth his wages though.

Back
Top Bottom