Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Black Socks

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
I've seen on Twitter that the players were complaining about how tight the socks were. There was a young lad at Leicester wearing them and he complained about them too.

I never noticed but apparently when they wore them some of them had cut the front of them because they were that tight.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
amazing this hasn't been sorted.

also - while we're on the topic of daft small things which kind of don't matter but do matter - i thought Bruno looked like he was wearing a cast-off old tracky from TK Maxx on Saturday, no club branding or anything

It was the same with Nuno and his cheapo adidas overcoat last season

i guess whilst Fosun run a mega tight ship, they'd say it doesn't really matter..... i just happen to think it really does, perception matters. Things can be done on a tight budget, they just need to be done well with attention to detail

perhaps indicative of where we are with Fosun, and where they are right now. Jeff says don't doubt us, but things do feel 'frayed'

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

also - while we're on the topic of daft small things which kind of don't matter but do matter - i thought Bruno looked like he was wearing a cast-off old tracky from TK Maxx on Saturday, no club branding or anything

i guess whilst Fosun run a mega tight ship, they'd say it doesn't really matter..... i just happen to think it really does, perception matters. Things can be done on a tight budget, they just need to be done well with attention to detail

perhaps indicative of where we are with Fosun, and where they are right now. Jeff says don't doubt us, but things do feel 'frayed'
I actually looked for the coat Nuno wore last season as I quite liked it and they're like £300. Agree about Bruno's tracky top though.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Doubt its down to fosun finances as to why bruno was not in a branded track suit. The players seem to have about 10 different variations of training and match day gear so an extra track suit for bruno wouldnt be an issue.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know why we’re not wearing the official socks?
Already being discussed on the Castore thread...

Apparently the official ones were stupidly tight....

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Given how managers rightly don't like being told what to do from above, how well do you think it would go down if they told him what coat to wear?!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt its down to fosun finances as to why bruno was not in a branded track suit. The players seem to have about 10 different variations of training and match day gear so an extra track suit for bruno wouldnt be an issue.

the nature of the relationship with Castore will lead to the variety of items available to Bruno.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually looked for the coat Nuno wore last season as I quite liked it and they're like £300. Agree about Bruno's tracky top though.
Nuno wore that coat (perhaps he actually had several) so much that l'm amazed that it wasn't grafted to his back hence requiring surgical removal, lol...

Edited to add: probably either given back to the club or in a charity shop somewhere in the Wolvo area....

Last edited:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given how managers rightly don't like being told what to do from above, how well do you think it would go down if they told him what coat to wear?!

well he's going to enjoy our transfer policy then......

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
This has been puzzling me too!!! Hadn't seen anything to explain it (gold socks with black Wolf logo on front in launch photos, but plain black in matches) ... now I understand!

Wonder if we'll stick with the black ones once the size/stretch problem is resolved?

Thanks for posting about it, I thought I was going mad!!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has clearly been given a stylist at Spurs. Looked very dapper. I bet his image has been curated by the club. Looked like Pep in his fancy bomber.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well he's going to enjoy our transfer policy then......

Being part of a team who decides on transfers is completely common in modern football.

Being treated like a child who is told precisely which coat you should wear, is not.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has clearly been given a stylist at Spurs. Looked very dapper. I bet his image has been curated by the club. Looked like Pep in his fancy bomber.
Just being anywhere near his missus would have been a big start, at least judging by how mine behaves if she thinks that l need a shave/haircut....

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
I've seen on Twitter that the players were complaining about how tight the socks were. There was a young lad at Leicester wearing them and he complained about them too.

I never noticed but apparently when they wore them some of them had cut the front of them because they were that tight.
If this is true then Castore aren't doing too well in sorting it out. They've had since the Crewe game which was the only time we wore them. The black socks have no branding at all so I guess they've just.been purchased from the local market. I see that the women's team had no problem wearing the gold socks yesterday though.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but are we getting a 3rd kit?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being part of a team who decides on transfers is completely common in modern football.

Being treated like a child who is told precisely which coat you should wear, is not.

jesus, it was just a comment that he looked scruffy in the plain grey castore tracky top with no wolves branding, and i wondered why he hadn't been provided with something better - he wore the white one when travelling to marbella, for example. not saying if he's been told to wear anything!!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
jesus, it was just a comment that he looked scruffy in the plain grey castore tracky top with no wolves branding, and i wondered why he hadn't been provided with something better - he wore the white one when travelling to marbella, for example. not saying if he's been told to wear anything!!!
I think, with precious little going on, too many people (including me doubtless) are over-thinking everything.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep my other half wanted the coat and duly paid the necessary. It's actually a really good quality down-feather coat....not sure why anyone would think it's cheapo!

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
As the away socks are exactly the same design but in grey (.I presume the same material) I wonder if black socks will be worn with the away kit as well.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
As the away socks are exactly the same design but in grey (.I presume the same material) I wonder if black socks will be worn with the away kit as well.
I ware fantastic black Nike socks when I reff also purple and white with my yellow or gold or red boots the socks are self fitting stay up themselves right over my knee love um .

Green Wolf

Reaction score
What happened to them? It's bad enough we play in yellow these days without playing in black socks, too.
I thought the socks were yellow this year?

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rumour that some players have complained that the gold socks are too tight and restrictive so they are wearing black ones until Castore can sort some new gold ones.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but are we getting a 3rd kit?
Yeah its white looks nice, someone on twitter had managed to buy one this week before the club have even announced it haha.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nuno looked great.

He always does. :hearteyes:

Back
Top Bottom