Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Billy Wilson - a name from the past

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just read a long post by Billy on Facebook regarding his role (which I take to be true) in the removal of Harry Marshall, sale to the Bhattis, the involvement of the Doog and the subsequent rescue by Sir Jack. Doesn't hold back. Not sure about the ethics of cutting and posting from Facebook but if you have access you should be able to get to it.

Haven't heard of Billy for many years. Not noted for hiding his light under a bushel.....

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A local "character" is Billy.

Can he play centre back?

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least he didn’t try and claim he designed the Wolf head

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Billy had a hair salon near the Mander Centre entrance off Dudley Street years ago with topless female hairdressers. I used to go every week!

He also started the Tough Guy challenge and created the Tettenhall Horse Sanctuary. Both were near Perton and he helped raise money for local charities.
He had a great handlebar moustache by the way.

Bit of a character is/was Billy Wilson and he‘s done the rounds.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Billy had a hair salon near the Mander Centre entrance off Dudley Street years ago with topless female hairdressers. I used to go every week!

He also started the Tough Guy challenge and created the Tettenhall Horse Sanctuary. Both were near Perton and he helped raise money for local charities.

Still has the moustache (on his Facebook profile). Sure I had my hair cut at his salon but they threw me out when I started cleaning my glasses under the sheet….. (untrue).

Years ago went to his Sanctuary as he had a pet’s cemetery (not sure if before or after the Stephen King novel) as we wanted to bury our cat. Quoted circa £65 so we went elsewhere and had the cat cremated in Stourbridge. Nowadays a shallow grave in the garden would do.

About 45 years ago he threatened to set fire to himself after some falling out with the Council. Kept Express and Star front page busy for weeks

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

I think his salon was actually on Bilston Street

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Still has the moustache (on his Facebook profile). Sure I had my hair cut at his salon but they threw me out when I started cleaning my glasses under the sheet….. (untrue).

Years ago went to his Sanctuary as he had a pet’s cemetery (not sure if before or after the Stephen King novel) as we wanted to bury our cat. Quoted circa £65 so we went elsewhere and had the cat cremated in Stourbridge. Nowadays a shallow grave in the garden would do.

About 45 years ago he threatened to set fire to himself after some falling out with the Council. Kept Express and Star front page busy for weeks
Regarding Sikhs being allowed not to wear crash helmets .
I had a fair few dealings with him through work and suffice to say he would never be on my Christmas card list .From personal experience I can’t stand the bloke.

Howlin’ Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He also has had a shop on Tettenhall Road near the Connaught, his daughter Tracy married Andy Taylor out of Duran Duran. Saw Billy a couple of months ago, looking a bit old now. Back in the day he drank in the Halfway House, he was ’a bit of a character’ some might not be so kind to him as that!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think his salon was actually on Bilston Street
He did have one in the entrance to the Mander Centre as well Jonzy. Right in the corner before you entered the Centre off Dudley Street.

Don’t know if they were both at the same time.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He did have one in the entrance to the Mander Centre as well Jonzy. Right in the corner before you entered the Centre off Dudley Street.

Fair enough

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I remember him being interviewed on TV about some problem with the Horse Sanctuary and crying about the possibility it could close.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding Sikhs being allowed not to wear crash helmets .
I had a fair few dealings with him through work and suffice to say he would never be on my Christmas card list .From personal experience I can’t stand the bloke.
He did have a big ego and was one of those people who you either took a liking to or could have easily disliked.

Never had anything to do with him other than the odd hair cut. I know a few people who did know him and they didn’t have much good to say.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went to school with one of his sons (as did Burton Wolf) and knew his younger son who I think went to school with my brother iirc. Local 'character' is one word for Billy!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went to school with one of his sons (as did Burton Wolf) and knew his younger son who I think went to school with my brother iirc. Local 'character' is one word for Billy!

His son went to school with me too

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That was where he moved to from his original one in North Road.

I used the North Road one and then followed him to the upstairs one at the Mander Centre. All went very tacky so I then used The Sportsman instead.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Billy Wilson re named his shop
Wilson, Wilson, Wilson and Wilson.
Then for publicity purposed demanded the that the Council prosecuted him for false representation as there were only 3 Wilson’s.
Perhaps he 4th one was the football on the desert island with Tom Hanks.

Adi dassler

Groupie
Reaction score
Last time I saw him he was eating horse sh#t by the man on the horse,something to do with his sanctuary

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the locations and dates on here.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My mom worked at the same salon as him and did her apprenticeship at the same time..... they used to cater to all the " stars" that came through Wolverhampton.
He and his family lived above us in Tettenhall back in the day, she counted him as a friend and always thought he was a bit of a rogue/character and used to laugh about his exploits over the years.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just read a long post by Billy on Facebook regarding his role (which I take to be true) in the removal of Harry Marshall, sale to the Bhattis, the involvement of the Doog and the subsequent rescue by Sir Jack. Doesn't hold back. Not sure about the ethics of cutting and posting from Facebook but if you have access you should be able to get to it.

Haven't heard of Billy for many years. Not noted for hiding his light under a bushel.....

I can’t find it. It’s not on his page

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't he come up with the slogan 'Haircuts while you wait' ?
Looking at his blog, a legend in his own lunchtime.

Back
Top Bottom