Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Billy (not) Quiet

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Saturday at half time there was a sing off between the stands "hi ho Wolverhampton". Went clockwise in turn from the north bank. When it got to the Billy Quiet opposite us in the Steve Bull upper there was a very short time delay when I thought there would be no sound coming across and then boom - "HI HO WOLVERHAMPTON". Excellent stuff BQ.

This memory was bought to you by the futility of going for a beer at half time in the SBU :)

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Definitely the BW.......

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Number of fans in stand x number who didn't go for a beer & wee at Half time?

Wolves11

Groupie
Reaction score
Perhaps we need a song for us in the Billy Wright. We should be able to raise the roof in there, but you do get some people turning round to have a look to see where the noise is coming from if you get a bit vocal !! Let's have some suggestions. What about " Billy Wright Wright Wright ssssssshhhhhhh, Billy Wright Wright Wright".......... I'll get me coat, lol

W

we8wba

No way was the North Bank loudest by the way.

Logically it was the best choice for the stupid women presenter to do the prize draw from

SB upper was a no go
BW was never expected to say boo to a ghost
South bank was other end of pitch for her to walk

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half time entertainment is shocking!

They’ve done a great job pre match with raising the atmosphere, but the half time games are cringeworthy.
Those kids putting on as many shirts as they could in a minute . What the **** was that? Runaround (for the older posters)

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Throats normally well lubricated too I’m sure it would be a lovely sound

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not that it matters in the slightest but I'd have thought it would be child's play to stick a mic in the middle of the pitch and have a decibel meter on the screen rather than let them judge it from the front of the NB. The half time entertainment is pretty poor but it's another one in the category of "if that's all we've got to worry about"... Plus the fact that I wonder if they even want anyone not to be going for a drink / pie / both.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps we need a song for us in the Billy Wright. We should be able to raise the roof in there, but you do get some people turning round to have a look to see where the noise is coming from if you get a bit vocal !! Let's have some suggestions. What about " Billy Wright Wright Wright ssssssshhhhhhh, Billy Wright Wright Wright".......... I'll get me coat, lol

There doesn't seem to be anyone under the age of 85 in the Billy Wright - so how about:

Free with our bus pass,
We came free with our bus pass,
Free with our bussss passssssss,
We came free with our busssss passss........

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This ! The old Ian Wright Arsenal song

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we'll sing on our own
we'll sing on our own
we are the Billy Wright we'll sing on our own

W

wolvesultra

I was in there Saturday there's ya answer close thread.

All joking as side like I've said on another thread there's plenty in the family enclosure when I go in there who will sing and join in (not start songs obviously), kids and mom and dads. Not sure about the boring posho's in the upper mind.

The thing is it was kind of a perfect storm Saturday too. Those type gimmicky things play into the hands of the kids etc where as I'm sure plenty elsewhere were either in the bar or didn't bother joining in even if they would usually sing.

Not sure how they said the North Bank were loudest mind. I was stood near the tunnel (so central) and it was clearly the South Bank (even with half of them being at the bar).

There's also the factor that we've seen (recently last and this season) all over the ground where due to limited availability there's been more of a spread of atmosphere. I'm sure there's people in the Billy Wright wings who may have usually gone in the South/North Banks but that's where they can get tickets.

I like the more widespread atmosphere, all Wolves ay we! I like the different stands singing their names/mocking each other to an extent (3 now). I just wish that it was then followed up by a massive (everyone joining in) 'we are Wolves'. Imagine the message that would send. You hear the usual 'South Bank' 'North Bank' 'Steve Bull' chants then everyone belts out we are Wolves

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Edgmond Wolf

All joking as side like I've said on another thread there's plenty in the family enclosure when I go in there who will sing and join in (not start songs obviously), kids and mom and dads. Not sure about the boring posho's in the upper mind.

The thing is it was kind of a perfect storm Saturday too. Those type gimmicky things play into the hands of the kids etc where as I'm sure plenty elsewhere were either in the bar or didn't bother joining in even if they would usually sing.

Not sure how they said the North Bank were loudest mind. I was stood near the tunnel (so central) and it was clearly the South Bank (even with half of them being at the bar).

There's also the factor that we've seen (recently last and this season) all over the ground where due to limited availability there's been more of a spread of atmosphere. I'm sure there's people in the Billy Wright wings who may have usually gone in the South/North Banks but that's where they can get tickets.

I like the more widespread atmosphere, all Wolves ay we! I like the different stands singing their names/mocking each other to an extent (3 now). I just wish that it was then followed up by a massive (everyone joining in) 'we are Wolves'. Imagine the message that would send. You hear the usual 'South Bank' 'North Bank' 'Steve Bull' chants then everyone belts out we are Wolves
South Bank wins every time even when we are at the bar

W

wolvesultra

South Bank wins every time even when we are at the bar
Agree, although I'd have to say in my opinion after being in there for Burnley (first time for a league game since 2017) the high standards are slipping in my opinion. Although the rest of the ground has got better.

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Myself, my two grandkids and the pail of not so young ladies behind us join in with all the south bank songs. It’s a bit better this season as the temp stand helps it round the corner if you get my drift

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As has already been said by someone else there was one reason and one reason only - she was stood next to the NB with the cameraman for the celebration competition which followed for the loudest stand......... no way was she walking anywhere else!

I was in the NB, pretty close to where she was, and from where I was sat the Billy Wright were the winners for me. Even the winner of the "celebration" competition for the McDonalds vouchers wasn't the "best" one, but was more accessible for the prize giving.

B

BristolBasedWanderer

Half time entertainment is shocking!

They’ve done a great job pre match with raising the atmosphere, but the half time games are cringeworthy.

Agreed on the cringeworthy. Not sure who that new woman is but she looked fantastic from half way up the NB!

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd had a couple of beers, but in my head I really objected to the "Hi Ho Wolverhampton" game at half time.

Whatever you think of the song, if we are treating it as our rousing final rallying cry pre-match (and as they come out for the second half), I don't think it should be cheapened by being played over and over and over and over and over again as part of a silly game during half time. That really isn't treating the song with the reverence it deserves, and on a more basic level - it just means everyone starts to get sick of the song.

Back
Top Bottom