Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Billy Jones to West Brom

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somebody should tell Roy Hodgson that:

a) West Brom stayed up.

b) It isn't Championship manager 2005.

That makes two lower league free transfer defenders for the baggies. I don't see them as improvements on Olsson/Reid myself, but we shall see.

S

spittlep

Hopefully he's trying to build a team to take them down.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jones isn't a bad player at all and perhaps it's a sensible signing for a club in WBA's position - extra defensive strength (can't be worse than Meite!)

Vaughan's a decent player but I can't see who he'd replace in the Baggies' midfield. Brunt/Mulumbu/Dorrans/Scharner/Thomas are all good players - Vaughan would have a battle on to oust any one of that quintet.

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woy has never been fond of splashing the cash and prefers to pursue low key transfer targets.

This place would be in meltdown with pantwetters had we signed McAuley and Jones.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham had a quality defence which sadly suggests Woy knows exactly what he's doing...

J

johnybig32

There next signing will be the goal scoring machine Iain Hume.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Besides, this lad can't be any worse than Jara let's be honest...

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
we will see a different albion team this year, the team that stayed up even under woy was di matteos team and they played like that. Woy tightened them up a bit he will now work his magic and turn them into a dull defensive team. Lets see if the albion fans bang on about the style of football they play then.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we will see a different albion team this year, the team that stayed up even under woy was di matteos team and they played like that. Woy tightened them up a bit he will now work his magic and turn them into a dull defensive team. Lets see if the albion fans bang on about the style of football they play then.

They'll be in the bottom 3 :D:D:D

B

BigBadWolfie

Mid table mediocrity. That's what the Albion fans have got to look forward to. Solid at home and bit flakey on their travels.

To be honest I'd settle for that down the Mol in the short term.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'd (rightly) bite your hand off for mid-table mediocrity.

Midfield is good.
Defence is very shakey.
Frontline relies on Odemwingie having another barnstorming season.

D

Deleted member 3604

I would love to know where the money goes at the Albion? Surely, this yo-yoing should mean they have some financial clout. If Woy is a genius at motivating and developing players on a low budget in a pressure situation like the PL I am a banana. Billy Jones would have been on Liverpool's radar because of the Crewe connection but this is a big ask. I hope we push the boat further. Boing Boing :D

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't we co sided Jones and decide be wasn't good enough before the Championship winning season.
They do look like odd signings by Woy but we will see. Certainly this place would be calling for Jez and Steves head on a platter if we had made those signings!
I did laugh at the rumour in the Mirror I think, that Arsenal were interested in Odemwingie

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the moment wouldn't we give our right arm for a few seasons of mid table mediocrity. Papper you are a banana.

T

Thread Killer

To be honest, we can only push our nose to the transfer window hoping to catch the eye of the occasional ****gy dog that's going for a couple of quid. Wolves will evidently be on the other side of the glass, perusing Europe's top players, pausing only to quaff a quick flute of Champagne every now and then. After your remarkably successful season, you have a right to expect the best players to be seriously viewing maisonettes in the Penn Fields and Blakenhall areas. I'm thinking of producing a new magazine aimed at Wags. One article is going to be on 'premium shopping' in the Mander Centre. Perhaps somebody could help me out: does it still have that scoop shop?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, we can only push our nose to the transfer window hoping to catch the eye of the occasional ****gy dog that's going for a couple of quid. Wolves will evidently be on the other side of the glass, perusing Europe's top players, pausing only to quaff a quick flute of Champagne every now and then. After your remarkably successful season, you have a right to expect the best players to be seriously viewing maisonettes in the Penn Fields and Blakenhall areas. I'm thinking of producing a new magazine aimed at Wags. One article is going to be on 'premium shopping' in the Mander Centre. Perhaps somebody could help me out: does it still have that scoop shop?

Jesus compared to Handsworth, Penn Fields and Blakenhall look like Bel Air.

R

reanswolf

Actually, they are very similar except handsworth is bigger.

Pennfields is probably the grottiest with its little terraces but also probably the safest of the 3.

Better than living on Carlyle Road or Keats Road on the Scotlands or Ivy Road or hawthorne Road in Tipton!

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually, they are very similar except handsworth is bigger.

Pennfields is probably the grottiest with its little terraces but also probably the safest of the 3.

Better than living on Carlyle Road or Keats Road on the Scotlands or Ivy Road or hawthorne Road in Tipton!

Aaah, google me home, country roads! (Take Me Bak 'Ome, Slade; or Sing Me Back home, Merle.)

Last edited by a moderator:

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
players wont live in wolves or west brom if they sign for one of us they will choose birmingham or places like sutton coldfield , bromsgrove etc.

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No kidding. Blimey.

well why the long and annoying post about what a dump the area is??? Oh right sarcasm!! Silly me!!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a fairly comfortable drive to that little hispanic enclave, Muchas Wenlocas

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Billy Jones is a decent player. I saw a lot of him whilst he was at Crewe and I always thought he'd make it in the premier league. He's comfortable on the ball, reads the game well, he's relatively quick and can play anywhere along the back and central midfield if needed. He's a good signing for Albion, if we hadn't got Kevin Foley I would liked him at Wolves.

I think he'll surprise a few people.

D

Deleted member 3604

At the moment wouldn't we give our right arm for a few seasons of mid table mediocrity. Papper you are a banana.

You are probably right. To my mind he has always worked with quality players, whether it be national or clubs sides. We'll see what happens with McCauley and Jones. I think Di Matteo bought some excellent players in.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite Mr TKs comments I doubt if these are the signings he was dreaming of. They may work out well in which case it's some excellent business but this board would be in meltdown if we had signs them.
We won't be looking at Europesn best (obviously enough - the sly sarcastic digs get tiresome from a bunch of fans who claimed to be playing the best football West Brazil style, in the league as they got relegated a couple of years ago) but we will at least be hoping to be buying established players this time. We might not get them but we will be trying!

T

Thread Killer

this board would be in meltdown if we had signs them
And this board is the barometer?

I don't have much of a view on this signing. Basically, I don't presume to know Hodgson's job better than he does. I'll reserve judgement. That's something that a few in here would be wise to do.

D

Deleted member 3604

And this board is the barometer?

I don't have much of a view on this signing. Basically, I don't presume to know Hodgson's job better than he does. I'll reserve judgement. That's something that a few in here would be wise to do.

In all seriousness can you see McCauley and Jones doing a job for you in the PL, because I can't. It's okay to reserve judgment and yes I am biased but on the face of it those are VERY suspect signings.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

jones and macauley ...:D

T

Thread Killer

Ive no idea. That's my point. I'll trust Hodgson. If they don't perform theyll be out. It's not the end of the world. I recall a lot of people on here convinced that Hodgson was a disastrous appointment and he would definitely take us down last season. Honestly, no disrespect to you personally, but your average football fan knows nothing.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive no idea. That's my point. I'll trust Hodgson. If they don't perform theyll be out. It's not the end of the world. I recall a lot of people on here convinced that Hodgson was a disastrous appointment and he would definitely take us down last season. Honestly, no disrespect to you personally, but your average football fan knows nothing.

lets see how woy does next season eh :wavey:

T

Thread Killer

You say that as if you have access to some greater wisdom. You don't. You have about as much clue as the next man. None.

D

Deleted member 3604

I think Hodgson is an excellent manager but I was a bit surprised that they lost faith with Di Matteo, who after all bought some excellent players into the club. There was no reason why he wouldn't of kept Albion up. You're right though, hardly anybody had heard of Odemwingie before last season so you never know in football. Tchoi looks a quality player.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair I thought Hodgson was an outstanding appointment and was gutted you got him considering some of the names banded about. Fulham had an excellent defence which, sadly, suggests he knows what he's doing. Does anybody think Jones could possibly be any worse than Jara? I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom