Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BigRon on Express & Star

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very interesting video interview on the E & S website with Big Ron and Darren Moore. All seem to think that Fletcher is a good signing but seem to have doubts about our midfield particularly if we play 4 4 2 which is apparently how Mick has indicated he wants to play this season.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep would have to agree with that-it is an area of relative weakness especially if we try to play with two wingers.Puts lot of pressure on Henry and Jones and they would have to be right on top of their games me thinks.One key area that we just havent invested anywhere near enough in in my opinion.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big Ron is a muppet. I am surprised he has the intelligence to know he has to breathe to stay alive.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Mick probably does want to play 4-4-2, but like last season I'm sure he'll be willing to change if it doesn't work. I think it maybe we will only play 4-4-2 at home against teams that aren't going to pack the midfield

R

robwolf

It sounded to me like Darren Moore had written his script before hand and was just trying hard not to forget his lines!! It really does make you wonder how these guys can write articles when they really do not seem in the slightest bit articulate....

R

reanswolf

A strong central midfield is almost alien to Wolves, and has been for years. Thats not to criticise Jones, henry & Guad, but it is an area we fail often to dominate in games & certainly it is hard to imagine them surging forward as a force.

Some fans IMO fail to recognise this Wolves weakness as they have got used to it over the years.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Midfield has often been a weakness and in Premiership terms the current team definitely needs strengthening there. If Jones is on his way out then we have the perfect opportunity to bring in some class. If only we could afford Ireland he would be absolutely ideal imv. A lot will depend this season on whether Guedioura proves himself as a first class option in centre midfield or not.

M

MK Panther

Big Ron is a muppet. I am surprised he has the intelligence to know he has to breathe to stay alive.

Breathing is an automatic response and is not impacted by intelligence. Big Ron is a muppet though!:D

W

Welsh Y'am Y'am

The point remains that our CM is suspect in a 4-4-2. It was in the Championship and it was last season, despite the improvement seen in both Henry and Jones' respective games.

The way to combat it is to play a CM on the right, but I see this as a waste when you could have three CMs in a 4-3-3 and have one of a number of attacking players on the right of the front three.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It sounded to me like Darren Moore had written his script before hand and was just trying hard not to forget his lines!! It really does make you wonder how these guys can write articles when they really do not seem in the slightest bit articulate....

Darren Moore is a muppet all Burton fans think he is going to be a liability this season after one game. Plus he is already out of game tonight injured!!

P

Penk Wolf

It's 4-5-1 for me too, but could also see this:

Kightly/Jarvis/Hunt---------Henry---------Foley---------Jarvis/Hunt

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said on here several times, and will say again, an attacking mf, with the ability to dictate the play, spot the killer ball, is what we still need. With KD and Fletcher up front a quality mf to supply them imo would see us comfortably mid-table. As it is we will struggle but hopefully, like last season our defence will hold up.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big Ron is much better qualified than all of you lot to talk about football.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big Ron is much better qualified than all of you lot to talk about football.

Maybe once upon a time...but he is now just some washed up has-been with a perma-tan who talks absolute $$$$e! Have you ever heard him commentate? It’s embarrassing! He does not even know the players names…he is from a completely different footballing generation and his views are useless and outdated.

E

EasternWolf

Breathing is an automatic response and is not impacted by intelligence. Big Ron is a muppet though!:D

A muppet who has done very well for himself from his career in football as opposed to muppets who criticise him relentlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

EasternWolf

Maybe once upon a time...but he is now just some washed up has-been with a perma-tan who talks absolute $$$$e! Have you ever heard him commentate? It’s embarrassing! He does not even know the players names…he is from a completely different footballing generation and his views are useless and outdated.

Your arrogance is indeed mighty, thor

B

Barracudawolf

The point remains that our CM is suspect in a 4-4-2. It was in the Championship and it was last season, despite the improvement seen in both Henry and Jones' respective games.

The way to combat it is to play a CM on the right, but I see this as a waste when you could have three CMs in a 4-3-3 and have one of a number of attacking players on the right of the front three.
I think we'll do this any way, with "the classy bull" on the right. He can push in and Zubar can overlap round him, or Doyle can drop out wide right if necessary, assuming Fletcher or SEB is there to hold up in the middle. Of course this relies on Jarivs playing left wing to keep it balanced. Allows us to easily switch between 4-5-1/4-4-2/4-3-3 without changing personel in a game

D

Dewolf

I really liked Big Ron up until the 'incident'. Thought he was always knowledgable and you have to respect anyone who would call Roberto Carlos a 'little pocket battleship'.....it was like having Ian Hollway as a commentator!

I

itsonlyagame

Show some respect you muppet. Just because you personally don't like Big Ron, doesn't negate the fact that he has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.................. and he will still always know more than you ever will! He's a great character and the game has far too few of those left. He is from an era when the game was played for enjoyment along with people like Cloughie and the Doog. I'd rather have him than some of the cliche driven morons we get commentating today, eg Clive Tyldesley.... how stupid is he? :D

E

EasternWolf

Show some respect you muppet. Just because you personally don't like Big Ron, doesn't negate the fact that he has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.................. and he will still always know more than you ever will! He's a great character and the game has far too few of those left. He is from an era when the game was played for enjoyment along with people like Cloughie and the Doog. I'd rather have him than some of the cliche driven morons we get commentating today, eg Clive Tyldesley.... how stupid is he? :D

entirely correct.

O

Oldgoldwulf

Hmm putting Big Fat Ron in a video with Ian Taylor and Darren Moore..... wonder if it's part of his (ahem) rehab...?

Wonder if he managed to refrain from using the 'N' word....

T

Toon Wolf

I predict that if we try to consistently play 4-4-2 we will go down.

I

itsonlyagame

I predict that if we try to consistently play 4-4-2 we will go down.

I predict that we will not consistently try to play 4-4-2 but we may occasionally do so. Remember, there is no such thing as "try".......... only "do", or "do not"! :D

I

itsonlyagame

Having been a member of this forum for over 2 years and contributed in that time, a mere 61 posts, you clearly know far more about football than Big Ron! :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predict that we will not consistently try to play 4-4-2 but we may occasionally do so. Remember, there is no such thing as "try".......... only "do", or "do not"! :D

Thanks Yoda!!

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big Ron a good player? You are having a laugh. He was a very average lower league half back at best. Apart from being rejected as a kid by Villa 'The Tank' spent his whole playing career at Oxford.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having been a member of this forum for over 2 years and contributed in that time, a mere 61 posts, you clearly know far more about football than Big Ron! :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

You are completely right. I should have spent the last 2 years posting more on here so that you would think my football knowledge is better. However, I have 2 things that prevent that…a job…and a life….I do however enjoy reading other peoples views on here and don’t feel the need to always contribute….sorry if that vexes thee

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wolvesman

Big Ron a good player? You are having a laugh. He was a very average lower league half back at best. Apart from being rejected as a kid by Villa 'The Tank' spent his whole playing career at Oxford.

You obviously don't remember the standard of mighty wolves of the 1960's and at the same time the rapid rise of Oxford from non league to 2nd flight football in successive seasons. Captained by Big Ron of course, not bad for a very average player.

Back
Top Bottom