Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Big Sam

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Being interviewed for the England Post.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a prospect.

Mind you Balague is quoted on Skysports that football at the Euros has regressed to a more defensive mind set with midfield power as a key factor. That would suit Big Sam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Organisation and motivation goes along way and sam is good at both those.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I think he's ideal.

International football isn't about playing well, it's about winning, Portugal demonstrated that.
Germany were the best team at Euro 2016 and lost in the semi-'s, who would be next? Italy and Croatia probably and they didn't get that far!
Even during Spain's reign they would scrape through one or two games each tournament, be it through penalties or a CB scoring off a corner. Quite simply, the pressure means you cannot play that well and it makes games cagey.

And Big Sam knows how to win, he will have us organised and play to our strengths.

Go for it I say.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure he'd enjoy only seeing the players every now and then he seems like the type who enjoys training etc everyday every week.
I would prefer someone younger with fresh idea's like an Eddie Howe with someone experienced working with him

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we would do better with long throws and standing on the goalies toes .

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only man for the job... And has been for the past decade.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bloody hope so, had a tenner at 16/1 couple of days after Hodgson left when Southgate was odds on.

Seriously, the only realistic English contender and I don't think there is anyone outstanding foreign either.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I just can't see the FA appointing him, reckon they see themselves as too good for someone with his reputation.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the FA obviously see him as a possible answer to England getting beaten by the likes of Iceland and the general fragility of the player's mental strengths.

E

Essex Wolf

Different to past choices who by and large have been failures so all the best to him.

F

FLEET WOLF

I have sort of mixed views on him as a manager in all honesty. He might be ok for England, although I am starting to get to the stage of not really bothering who the hell we have as manager (although my choice would probably be Eddie Howe!).

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good appointment. Either him or Redknapp.
Knows the English game inside out. Should be able to command respect and motivate.
Strong enough personality to be able to stand up to the FA and not become a yes man.
Definitely don't want another foreign mercenary on massive money.
Can you imagine Germany appointing an English manager?

R1ch

Reaction score
My first choice would be Bilic but I really doubt the FA could get him from West Ham even if he wanted the job. 2nd Choice would be big sam someone that would organise the team and make us tough to beat. My left field shout would be Warburton from Rangers

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No reason why he cant do both jobs and stay at Sunderland as well. Especially with his reliance on tech and player analysis he wouldnt need to be watching more games than he already does.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he can get the correct mindset of a winning team he will have a good chance .

I would pick players based on desire and love of England. If Iceland and Wales can do it then we can , by selecting players that don't come wrapped in cotton wool and wanting to get back home ASAP to the comfort of their 90 inch TV, Ferraris and Rolex watches. Real fighting competitive MEN .

M

MonkeySpanner

If they appoint Sam Alardyce that will be the first decision the FA have got right since Sir Alf Ramsey.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No,no,no,no.

Big sam, isn't good enough for England. Won't get the most out of our top players. He'll make us soild and okay.

Won't get past quarters. We'd be no better then Wales,Scotland etc

JuliusCaesar

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sam Allardyce is the obvious and right choice for this job. 100%

Easiest and best decision the FA could ever make.

F

FLEET WOLF

No,no,no,no.

Big sam, isn't good enough for England. Won't get the most out of our top players. He'll make us soild and okay.

Won't get past quarters. We'd be no better then Wales,Scotland etc

It would be nice to get to the bloody quarters!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be nice to get to the bloody quarters!

Thats the problem. Looks like another safe option where we won't go anywhere. Waste more years of talent. Look at our young players. How many would fit into how Sam plays?

D

Deleted member 4309

I like Big Sam, would have loved him at Wolves

Me also. I can't believe some on here don't rate him as a manager. It really is comical. Read through the Sunderland forums they are gutted he might go.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Me also. I can't believe some on here don't rate him as a manager. It really is comical. Read through the Sunderland forums they are gutted he might go.

Exactly the sort of manager we need to get us out of the Championship and survive in the Premier League

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
R5Live just reported that Big Sam said has not been contacted by FA.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the FA would be apprehensive at the prospect of Sam being outspoken and unafraid to get what he wants. Surprised if true.

I don't think it matters who we appoint until there is a massive overhaul of grassroots and England youth football. I think we need a manager with a comprehensive vision rather than this mandate (pipe dream!) of reach finals and get as far as possible. Stop players being rushed into the main squad to sit on the bench for a kick off. Sometimes deferring 'success' isn't a bad thing.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd much rather Big Sam than Hoddle/Shearer/Redknapp/Southgate all of whom have achieved nothing for years or in most cases, nothing full stop. Bilic would still be my first choice given his experience as an international manager and very good English.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still dont know why the job needs to be full time.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nothing about him not being a decent manager. It's what you get from him.

Something different

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will put our overpaid and egotistical so and so's into shape

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom