Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Best standout performance from a Wolves player?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few obvious ones like Bully or Neves or Jota but how about…

Darren Roberts - 1992 vs Blues
Mark Kennedy - 2002 vs Stockport
john de wolf - 1995 vs Port Vale
Ewen Roberts - 1996 vs WBA
Dean Richards - 1996 Spurs FA Cup

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few obvious ones like Bully or Neves or Jota but how about…

Darren Roberts - 1992 vs Blues
Mark Kennedy - 2002 vs Stockport
john de wolf - 1995 vs Port Vale
Ewen Roberts - 1996 vs WBA
Dean Richards - 1996 Spurs FA Cup

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
also Waggy when we beat Chelsea 3-0 at home with a depleted team,the **** away 4-2,Huddersfield away 2-1 many moons ago.you go on and on about Waggy,what a player
Yes agreed.
I wasn’t at that Chelsea game but I heard all about it. He was unplayable. I think he scored a cracker of a goal in that game
too!!

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Steve Kindon in the 7-1 win against Chelsea. Willie Carr made his debut,the whole team played brilliantly but Kindon had a a fantastic game that day.
As he did against Arsenal in that mid 70s home match when he was storming through their defence like Adama.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thinking of more random ones:

Nathan Blake against Walsall in the choke season.

Night game. He was incredible all match. Bullying their defenders. Set two up for Sturrridge. And a rare chant of 'There's only one Nathan Blake' rang out. As the song was ongoing he picks the ball up on the edge of the box and smashes it top corner. A 10/10 CF performance.

Another - Andy Sinton vs Huddersfield. We lost the game 1-0 and hit the post 4 times. Us and Huddersfield, what is it!

Anyway - He tore their right back to shreds. Must have beaten him 20 times that day.

In terms of an away performance. Robbie Keane vs Sunderland in 99. They were a seriously good side then. Finished on 105 points that campaign. For a teenager to play as he did. He had two goals dubiously disallowed and just looked a class above in every way. Typically we lost in stoppage time as well. Niall bloody Quinn.

Rowzed

Reaction score
How about Waggy in these two games then?

1) The 5-1 destruction of Arsenal in the snow at the Molineux in November 1971? Arsenal had won the double in the previous season.

2) Beating Man U 1-3 at Old Trafford in January 1972 when they were top of the league. Wolves were the Division 1 form team with 8 wins and two draws in our previous ten games.

I was at Old Trafford that day, great game

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
I was at Old Trafford that day, great game
Lucky you! I was too young to be a regular and an away match in those days especially at a place like OT was never going to happen. That team could have achieved something really, really special although we did get a few seasons in Europe, a UEFA Cup Final, a League Cup win and two lost semi finals. Great times listening to the radio commentaries though!

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota scoring a Hatrick as a second half substitute against Besiktas in the Europa League within 12 minutes of coming on. Has got to be up there with our best ever substitute performances surely?

Last edited:

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota scoring a Hatrick as a second half substitute against Besiktas in the Europa League within 12 minutes of coming on. Has got to be up there with our best ever substitute performances surely?

Ironically Son has just done something similar.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
John Richards FA Cup 5th round v Charlton in 1976. Came off the bench & scored a hat-trick. What a player

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norman Deeley in the 9-0 demolition of Fulham in 1959. Scored 4 and totally destroyed them.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ted Farmer in the 8-1 v Man City, first day of 62-3 season. Ran riot scoring 4.

Back
Top Bottom