Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Best player to play in the Championship/First Division in the last 20 years?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a few different ways of answering this.

Bale has gone on to be the best player to have played in the championship in that time, don't think anyone would argue with that?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a few different ways of answering this.

Bale has gone on to be the best player to have played in the championship in that time, don't think anyone would argue with that?

I guess you could argue in terms of performance when in the Championship.

Don’t think Bale would make a top XI.

Clearly now though he is lightyears ahead of anything the Championship has ever seen.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember that too. He was an excellent player, but I always think he made extra special effort against Wolves as he went to school locally (Newport) and knew many Wolves supporting friends. He was good though, and that debut for Ipswich at Molineux he totally ran the show.
Didn’t realise that. Makes sense though! Never quite fulfilled his potential.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't read through all this but I expect the idea is that we will all go for Jota????!!!! I'd go for Louis Saha when Fulham conquered all. He was pretty much unplayable.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't read through all this but I expect the idea is that we will all go for Jota????!!!! I'd go for Louis Saha when Fulham conquered all. He was pretty much unplayable.

Saha was bloody brilliant that season before they had to leave Craven Cottage. Pace, power, skill. He did look unplayable.

Wandering_Wolf93

Reaction score
I appreciate jota is good, but for me there is a total lack of memory / appreciation for how good costa is. Fans memories are short, and whilst costa is performances have been limited so far due to his comeback from injury, he has still shown a lot more skill and consistency for the club than jota has, just purely due to his longer tenure at the club.

That may change by the end of the season, but let’s not forget how good costa was at turning players inside out. I hadn’t ever seen a wolves player dribble the ball into the net after skinning a defender and keeper as we did at Cardiff Home last season. Remarkable player .

He will be back to his best in in 1 to 2 months I think and then we start feeling sorry for our opponents for a split second

They both have shown the ability to turn players inside out. For me I think Jota is slightly better than Costa as he is more comfortable going on to his left side than Costa is going on to his right but you are right once Costa is back in full flight then i pity any defender they come across.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kinkladze was a brilliant individual but a bit like us with Sako, City got relegated to the 3rd tier with him. It was a case of 10 players waiting for one to deliver and proved that no player can carry a whole team with the possible exception of Diego Maradonna!

D

Deleted member 3573J

Teddy Sheringham strolled around Championship pitches as a 39 year old and still managed 20 goals. A fine wine.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's been some good ones especially Prosinecki and Merson but Benarbia is the one for me. The years of watching such garbage football in England then he came along, a joy to watch.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saha from the 2000-01 Fulham side that scorched this division.

Back
Top Bottom