Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Best Non Wolves Player You've Seen Play Live

Kennedy

Reaction score
Bryan Robson
De Bruyne
Paul McGrath
Kenny Daglish
Steven Gerrard
Eric Cantona
David Beckham
Ryan Giggs
Chris Waddle
Paul Gascoigne
Paul Scholes
Thiery Henry
Luka Modric
Wayne Rooney

All quality above but I think Gareth Bale has to be the best I've seen live?

Lobo de Madrid

Groupie
Reaction score
Done a fair bit of travelling to watch football over the years. Pep era Barcelona with Messi, Xavi Etc were all great. Saw fat Ronaldo when at Milan and CR7 at United and Madrid but head and shoulders above (for me) was Zidane. For the size of him he glided across the pitch like he was in slippers. For me he’s the total footballer, he could play any outfield position and be utterly amazing.

Whenever anyone asks the immortal “Ronaldo or Messi” my answer is always Zidane!!
Snap!

Messi, Mbappé and Ronaldo (skimmed), are all stunning.

But the magician was Zidane. He could take a pass at full speed, without breaking speed, and then do magic with it.
Not petulant like the others either, (give or take the odd headbutt).

Sadly never saw George Best live. He could do everything Zidane could, (and whilst being ****ed).

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Snap!

Messi, Mbappé and Ronaldo (skimmed), are all stunning.

But the magician was Zidane. He could take a pass at full speed, without breaking speed, and then do magic with it.
Not petulant like the others either, (give or take the odd headbutt).

Sadly never saw George Best live. He could do everything Zidane could, (and whilst being ****ed).
I showed my 15 year old lad some YouTube footage of Zidane recently and he literally sat there open mouthed at some of the things he did. It often gets overlooked because of his attacking qualities but he was brilliant defensively as well.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beckham in that crucial qualifier against Greece at Old Trafford. Didn't really rate him before that but he was utterly outstanding for 90 minutes and ran his legs off, even ignoring the last minute goal.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two performances that stand out for me over the years. Ginola for Newcastle when I saw them play at Stamford Bridge and Trevor Francis at the City Ground against us in 1981? Both had breathtaking speed and control.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen a few of the greats but one a bit leftfield was Spurs v Blackburn in the season that Rovers won the league.

Spurs won 3-1 and Jurgen Klinsmann was untouchable.

Was meant to meet a Blackburn player in the lounge afterwards, but Dalgleish wouldn't allow them out.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beckham in that crucial qualifier against Greece at Old Trafford. Didn't really rate him before that but he was utterly outstanding for 90 minutes and ran his legs off, even ignoring the last minute goal.
I was at that game. Few of us went on the train and my mate drove. Left on 88 mins to “miss the traffic”. I’ve never let him live it down

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
I was at that game. Few of us went on the train and my mate drove. Left on 88 mins to “miss the traffic”. I’ve never let him live it down
Yep I was there, on the steps ready to leg it out after Becks would no doubt balloon it over the bar...how wrong we were. Ended up in the middle of Manchester, in what was known a the time at a T *tty Bar :eek: Got talking to an "old boy" who had been to the match. I was gushing and asked him was that the best game he had every been to. No was his stern reply, why not I retorted indignantly ? Well that would be the final in 1966 be dryly replied..!! Trumped indeed...;)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep I was there, on the steps ready to leg it out after Becks would no doubt balloon it over the bar...how wrong we were. Ended up in the middle of Manchester, in what was known a the time at a T *tty Bar :eek: Got talking to an "old boy" who had been to the match. I was gushing and asked him was that the best game he had every been to. No was his stern reply, why not I retorted indignantly ? Well that would be the final in 1966 be dryly replied..!! Trumped indeed...;)
We got carried away after the game (we were early 20s) and missed the last train back to Birmingham. So we did the only sensible thing, drank in a load of moody late night “bars” until 6am to get a train home.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lots of great shouts for flair players but the best defensive performance I’ve ever seen was Van Dijk a couple of seasons ago (under Nuno).

He looked like a dad playing with a bunch of under 9s. Probably the best defender of his generation, even though I detest Liverpool FC.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@wwfc9 legend has it you got Figo shirt after the game
lol it wasn’t me he gave it to it was my uncle who was 4th official , not sure it was his shirt though as it had number 24 on the back , it was me who lost it on an 18/30s holiday though after i had stolen it from his wardrobe !!! He’s never let me forget that but he’s an Albion ****er so **** him !!!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without a doubt the best performance by a player at molineux was De Bruyne, he was sensational that night

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zidane. From high up in the stands I had a great view of the time, space and angles that were available - he played like he had the same view as me.

Reaction score
From Watching live:
Gordon Banks
Bobby Moore Paul McGrath VV Dyke
George Best Jimmie Greaves Bobby Charlton Johnny Giles Eddie Gray Dennis Bergkamp and Kevin DeBruyne
Best was magical because not even he knew what he was going to do next Greaves was so intelligent he knew exactly what he was going to do next and had the skill to do anything he wanted to do.

From TV:
Franz Beckenbauer Gerd Muller Walter Matthaeus Johan Cruyff Pele Socrates Messi and C Ronaldo

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to see George Best and Bobby Moore live but they were both towards the end of their careers. My dad always said that George Best was by far the best player he saw.

For me De Bruyne against us is the best single performance by a player I’ve witnessed in the flesh.

Best player in my lifetime is undoubtedly the real Ronaldo (have some respect those calling him the ‘fat one’) would have been the greatest of all time if his knees had held out

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to see George Best and Bobby Moore live but they were both towards the end of their careers. My dad always said that George Best was by far the best player he saw.

For me De Bruyne against us is the best single performance by a player I’ve witnessed in the flesh.

Best player in my lifetime is undoubtedly the real Ronaldo (have some respect those calling him the ‘fat one’) would have been the greatest of all time if his knees had held out
Totally agree with you ..At his peak the best centre forward I have seen.....what a great documentary The Phenomenon Ronaldo was......and Christ didn't you feel for him..... awesome player

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree about R9. He was unbelievable, had the pace and power of Cristiano Ronaldo and greater dribbling ability at speed than Messi imo. Would have been the greatest ever and by a bit of a margin too.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree about R9. He was unbelievable, had the pace and power of Cristiano Ronaldo and greater dribbling ability at speed than Messi imo. Would have been the greatest ever and by a bit of a margin too.
An epic example of what can happen when a player is forced to play when not fit. Deeply sad.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ronaldo (R9)
Absolutely phenomenal player, I was lucky enough to see Brazil play and was gutted Romario wasn't playing, but this young lad from PSV started instead. He was absolutely God like on the pitch, Power and Grace all rolled into one.

Best performance I've seen live against us was probably Crespo.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw ronaldo in his prime, george best towards the end of his career and de bruyne scoring four was impressive

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I saw Zidane completely dominate England at Wembley in a comfortable French victory. I think Anelka got the goals. France were World Champions at the time and they coasted to victory.

I’d never realised how big and strong Zidane was, I just always had him down as a footballing poet. He could’ve played in clogs that night and would probably still have been the best player on the pitch.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I saw Zidane completely dominate England at Wembley in a comfortable French victory. I think Anelka got the goals. France were World Champions at the time and they coasted to victory.

I’d never realised how big and strong Zidane was, I just always had him down as a footballing poet. He could’ve played in clogs that night and would probably still have been the best player on the pitch.
Dirty ****er too.

I remember everyone being shocked at the world cup final that Zidane could get sent off and thinking they have no idea how he plays.

Imagine if Fergie took Cantona's advice and bought the young Midfielder from Auxerre he liked.

Zidane - Keane - Scholes

That very well may have been one of the best midfields ever created. Amd nasty off the ball too

Back
Top Bottom