Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bees replay

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wear a hat. You lose seventy percent of your body heat out of your head.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wear a hat. You lose seventy percent of your body heat out of your head.
Urban myth
You lose heat through skin and that’s anywhere in the body so wearing shorts with a hat is just as likely to lose the heat

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Urban myth
You lose heat through skin and that’s anywhere in the body so wearing shorts with a hat is just as likely to lose the heat
But if you are wearing warm clothes and no hat, where is your body heat going to escape from?

Your head, so wear a hat.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Lemina still away and Gomes suspended we will have Doyle and Hodge in midfield

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently not even on TV here tomorrow. Frustrating. :cry:

Paris Wolf

Reaction score
Are people just on a wind up with all this weather talk? Like surely to god we don’t live in a world where it being a bit cold dictates football crowds.

Thank **** you don’t follow the Buffalo Bills.
I do! But I'm in Melbourne so couldn't make the game. Should've flown to JFK, watched that game then on to BHX in time for the cup replay.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And yet when you look back to the 1960s and 70s, FA Cup replays often drew big crowds under the Molineux floodlights in winter.

Take the 3rd Round replay v Oldham on 1st February 1967, a 4-1 win in front of 39,039!

And the 4th Round replay v Ipswich on 2nd February 1977, a 1-0 win in front of 33,686!

Great atmosphere at both, we were in the old second division too, playing against a non Big Six type team.
I'm sure that Ipswich were top of the 1st division when we played them. The 2-2 away game was memorable.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I'm sure that Ipswich were top of the 1st division when we played them. The 2-2 away game was memorable.
The away 2-2 game certainly was JR. I went on one of the football special trains to Ipswich.

I think they were top of Div 1, as you say. Ipswich had a cracking side to be fair but so did we! Scoring lots of goals too! And managed to beat them in the replay in a tight game 1-0.

Wolves went up as Champions from the old second division 76/77, one of my favourite seasons, away days were so memorable.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The away 2-2 game certainly was JR. I went on one of the football special trains to Ipswich.

I think they were top of Div 1, as you say. Ipswich had a cracking side to be fair but so did we! Scoring lots of goals too! And managed to beat them in the replay in a tight game 1-0.

Wolves went up as Champions from the old second division 76/77, one of my favourite seasons, away days were so memorable.
They certainly were. Still remember Blackpool away like it was yesterday

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They certainly were. Still remember Blackpool away like it was yesterday
My first ever game watching wolves ...me dad took me to Blackpool away that season....was 4/5...... hadn't even been to a home game ...its no wonder I'm puddled Blackpool away first game..... obviously I can't remember a lot about it....

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Filled up quite a bit. Just the wings of the sides looking sparse now. Here's the South Bank.

IMG_20240116_110343.jpg

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get fans knocking others for not attending, personal preference and all that. In the same way the club could have done it cheaper at say a £10 but realistically does that persuade anyone who thought £18 was too much. I mean personally if money is that tight does a £8 swing really make that much difference? £18 is about right for me for an unglamorous replay albeit between two premier league clubs. In comparison it’s £13 to see Halesowen Town now which is tier 8 in the football pyramid

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get fans knocking others for not attending, personal preference and all that. In the same way the club could have done it cheaper at say a £10 but realistically does that persuade anyone who thought £18 was too much. I mean personally if money is that tight does a £8 swing really make that much difference? £18 is about right for me for an unglamorous replay albeit between two premier league clubs. In comparison it’s £13 to see Halesowen Town now which is tier 8 in the football pyramid

I'm certainly not knocking anyone who doesn't want to go - but I am saying don't moan that you can't get tickets to the more glamorous away games if you don't put in the effort to build up your points.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm certainly not knocking anyone who doesn't want to go - but I am saying don't moan that you can't get tickets to the more glamorous away games if you don't put in the effort to build up your points.
No totally get that mate.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
How's the rest looking, 25k ?
Doubt it's quite there comfortably over 20 though I'd hope. Half the quadrant and the SW corner will be empty for a start. Thermals on and get down there I say! 23,850 if we're guessing!

Reactions: Pgc

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Friends hubby has just decided he wants to go so she gone in her acc and it won't let her assign his supp no so she's had to phone, 40mins later all sorted, I know I still live in the dark ages at times but I'm sure if we had a pay on the gate option people would always take it up at the last minute

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Friends hubby has just decided he wants to go so she gone in her acc and it won't let her assign his supp no so she's had to phone, 40mins later all sorted, I know I still live in the dark ages at times but I'm sure if we had a pay on the gate option people would always take it up at the last minute
They absolutely would. Oh, for the days of pay on the gate ...

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They absolutely would. Oh, for the days of pay on the gate ...
Dont get for matches like this when there is clearly excess capacity, small away support and no risk of crowd disorder - it cant happen. Even if its just one area that is held back for pay on day.. I know building database volumes is important but its gets ridicilous. Is it an FA / safety certificate mandate or something?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dont get for matches like this when there is clearly excess capacity, small away support and no risk of crowd disorder - it cant happen. Even if its just one area that is held back for pay on day.. I know building database volumes is important but its gets ridicilous. Is it an FA / safety certificate mandate or something?
Isn’t it the case that even though you can’t pay on the gate. You can just go to the ticket office at any point up to KO and buy one? Which is still last minute pay on the night type of thing.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't you need a supporter number?
Dunno, it seems in theory you always need at least a supporter number to purchase…. But they must issue new ones on some occasions surely! I’m guessing when away allocations aren’t filled, thus no fear of away fans seeking tickets in the home end.

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
Yep remember that, sure Brazil, Mariner et al all played for them and loads of goals at the end, chaos, thousands of Wolves there, crammed in like Sardines, oohhh, the good Old (Gold) days......:cool:

Back
Top Bottom