Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bbc coverage

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mowbrays insistence on calling Raul 'He-main-ez' got me bubbling. Even Doctor Dublin managed to get it right.
That's the right pronunciation. The accent on the second E gives the "ai" sound and the z stays as a "z" sound in Latin America, but an "f" sound in Spain :)

L

LoneWolf49

Somebody please tell the BBC why Rui wears Number 11 as they think "it's just not right and a goalkeeper should wear number 1"

I distinctly remember Women's games shown live on BBC and notice they have numbers that aren't considered the "proper" number for that position but was never questioned in such a way.

I have overheard other fans have that pop at Rui in the pub too. People need to get a grip if a number on a shirt bothers them.

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The comms for all matches are a joke and the sooner we can turn them off and just listen to the fans the better imo.

I think they nearly always show a shot of the Pennines when at live Burnley (not very often) but even MotD quite often squeeze it in.

The producer needs to go back to producer school and pass the exams this time.

I'm surprised the BBC didn't even attempt an apology. Again I've heard this done on MotD in the past when something has gone tits up.

Something very strange went on last night .
They mentioned the view but didn't show it then much later they showed the view and didn't mention it.
I think an editor might have been working his notice period.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it the BBCs fault ?

"Live sports coverage is the foundation of any OB company. At CTV we proudly maintain long term contracts for The European Golf Tour for ETP, Premier League Football for BBC Sport, Cricket and Darts for Sky Sports. In 2015 alone, CTV delivered Host Broadcast services for The Rugby World Cup, The London Marathon, The University Boat Race, The Ashes, The Open Golf Championship at St Andrews plus three Live NFL matches at Wembley for the top US Sports networks."

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Dublin berating Traore for his ‘naughty’ challenge on Pieters when the former had been kicked round the pitch by the latter since he came on. Clearly a tactic of Burnley.
Also no mention of the "naughty " challenge by Wood on Saiss, that was just passed on as a challenge where he fell awkwardly.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dion came over as a less skilled, less knowledgeable Garth Crooks.
Ouch! But lol.
Similarly Ruben is Nev-esh and Diogo Ho-tta. Confirmed by a Portuguese bloke who now follows Wolves.
Some fella in Cape Verde told me the J was pronounced as Portuguese is significantly different to Spanish, but maybe they have a different accent/dialect to Portugal.
A Portuguese lad who was working in a bar in Wolverhampton told me that Neves is pronounced Nevsh, without the E.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
dont ever remember having to switch channels at half time before either....

Also, whats going on with Robbie KEane's teeth? looks like hes started on the smack...
Apparently New Cross A&E was overrun with an upsurge of dislocated fingers.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Portuguese lad who was working in a bar in Wolverhampton told me that Neves is pronounced Nevsh, without the E.

I worked with a Portuguese girl in Wolverhampton last year and she pronounced Neves exactly the same as you say, Nevsh

I've been going to Portugal since 1996 and still can't grasp the language. On paper a lot of words are similar to Spanish and Italian but when spoken sounds completely different

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worked with a Portuguese girl in Wolverhampton last year and she pronounced Neves exactly the same as you say, Nevsh

I've been going to Portugal since 1996 and still can't grasp the language. On paper a lot of words are similar to Spanish and Italian but when spoken sounds completely different
It sounds almost Slavic but when you see it written down....

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A guy at work says that the Portuguese language sounds all 'bish bash bosh'. I don't think he's too far off.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And yet only 1500 years ago they were, along with French, the same language.

Then again I'm led to believe that merely 200 years ago or so, the English could still understand the Americans...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ouch! But lol.

Some fella in Cape Verde told me the J was pronounced as Portuguese is significantly different to Spanish, but maybe they have a different accent/dialect to Portugal.

And Moutinho himself, when saying his name in interview, didn't pronounce the final 'o'. He said his name as "Joao Mouteen".

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
Somebody please tell the BBC why Rui wears Number 11 as they think "it's just not right and a goalkeeper should wear number 1"

i thought it was a totally disrespectful comment! A little bit of research and they would have seen why. I bumped into Karl Ikeme in Birmingham around a year ago, after his treatment, second time I met him. What an absolute top bloke, BBC should be ashamed!

Back
Top Bottom