Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

BBC article on Nuno

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice relief indeed and a good read.

I found this part interesting:
Both Kouka and Teixeira describe his "speeches", performed to whip up his players into a frenzy just in time for kick-off. The tone would vary depending on the situation but Nuno generally judged the mood right.

I wonder how different the mood is in the dressing room before an away game against Spurs and a home game against Brighton for example.
I'd imagine Nuno is very consistent with his message to the players to keep standards high whoever the opponent home or away i wonder how much or if theres a particular type of player that needs to be whipped up.

gewolf

Reaction score
An interesting article which shows how much more notice we are beginning to receive.

Another part that interested me was this ''A small - but important - demand Nuno places on his players is that they must wear shinpads at training.'' I guess we will not be in for Greasy then :).

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a nice insight into Nuno philosophy.

C

Cobblers Wolf

An enjoyable read and a good insight into Nuno's focused mindset.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An enjoyable read. When football returns, there is no doubt he will be a man in demand. Hopefully, Wolves can tie him to a long term contract.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyable read into the background and coaching methods of our coach, but the part about 'Both Kouka and Teixeira describe his "speeches", performed to whip up his players into a frenzy just in time for kick-off'. I just don't see that as we generally start slowly and tend to just want to stay in matches for the first half at least!
Great to finally have something Wolves' football related to read rather than the gloom of Corona!

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This bit from the piece

“As a goalkeeper turned elite manager, Nuno has already broken the mould as a coach and there seems little to stop him going even higher”

Hope to goodness it’s with Wolves.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An enjoyable read. When football returns, there is no doubt he will be a man in demand. Hopefully, Wolves can tie him to a long term contract.
His contract may have expired by the time a ball is kicked in anger :eek:

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Nuno doesn't actually need a new contract I would say.....just an affirmation extension on what probably is would likely suffice.

He just won't get the situation he has with us anywhere else 'better' to be able to develop and implement his game strategy.

We shouldn't let it concern us too much. :)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great article. Nice to read something about football for once!

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really pleasant reading, showing why things have changed at Molineux.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t want articles published that describe Nuno as an elite manager!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t want articles published that describe Nuno as an elite manager!
He is the manager of the 30th best club in Europe (according to Euroclubindex). That makes him (and us) 'elite'.

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
I would imagine that with the enforced social isolating many members of our coaching team and Sir Nuno himself with be more or less on their own away from family.

If this is the case one hell of a sacrifice to make for us.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
No doubt he will be touted but we don’t want to read or hear it

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Nuno Espirito Santo's success at Wolves and his future beyond

Another good one. Nuno is turning into a focal point for the media

Another good article.

No doubt Nuno has a natural style and philosophy that works real well for teams seeking to overcome ‘better quality’ opposition.

The big question for any of these supposedly ‘superior’ clubs wanting to take him on is whether he is able to switch his “idea” to suit them. These clubs mostly do not care for a countering style as it wouldn’t suit their image.

He likes a small tight-knit group and doesn’t care for egotistical (non-humble) individuals. Everything achieved so far, and with the way it has, says he and us are a great and perfect fit for each other…...absolutely no sense in him chancing tripping up elsewhere less suited.

The only club he might do well at is Atletico Madrid, as their style, philosophy and club position (relative to the two power clubs) makes them a more natural match-up for what he is mostly about.

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
I agree he would be an exceptional appointment for Athletico. That why I’m praying Simeone is going nowhere

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read the BBC one yesterday....doesn't it say something about changing tactics game by game....?!

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom