Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Barnsley game - the losers

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whilst I am pleased that Wolves have promoted 'The bring a buddy deal' and a lot of fans will benifit.

Unfortunately due to personal circumstances, I cannot attend all home games, so therefore the value early bird season ticket is not possible.

Also my mate jacked his season ticket after many years after last season's debacle.

So no latching onto his favour for me............but £28.00 plus £1.50 booking fee in the Steve Bull upper is a price I did not expect this season. Same price as cat' 'B' last season.

I don't know if the more 'attractive games' will be the same as 'A' pricing last season, but I'm afraid my uptake at those prices this season will be severely curtailed.

This is not a gripe at Season ticket holders, or freebie's I'm pleased that loyalty is rewarded, but for the casual match by match fan the above pricing for Championship games is very disappionting in this economic climate.

W

WasStefan

Have to agree. Mid-Low £20 for Cat A would have been fair. All games this season should have been flat rate. None of this Cat A&B bull$$$$.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
First game of the season would always be an attractive fixture due to the nature of the game regardless of the opposition. I doubt many will feature at that price.

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First game of the season would always be an attractive fixture due to the nature of the game regardless of the opposition. I doubt many will feature at that price.

Do you think the Barnsley price [£ 28.00 + Book' fee] is a one off?

Would be interested if anyone knows what the pricing will be for the following games?

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as Im aware its £28 for the Steve Bull Upper for all home games. No Cat A or B in the Champ.

Same price as last time we were here.

P

PeteWolf

As far as Im aware its £28 for the Steve Bull Upper for all home games. No Cat A or B in the Champ.

Same price as last time we were here.

This is what it was announced as. Last year's Category B prices for every match.

B

Bankswolf II

All we can hope for is that as the season wears on and people's wallets get tighter with christmas and what not there will be more deals or special offers for the first few games demand will be through the roof no question though as the season goes on not everyone will be able to go

Heres hoping

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only losers that night will be Barnsley hopefully.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attendances are going to be low low low. And serves them right. £28. TWENTY.EIGHT.POUNDS. To watch second tier football.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Price should be around £20 and less for the early cup games. There is a recession on after all.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spoke to a Birmingham City season ticket holder yesterday. They have Barnet at home for the League Cup. £5 entrance and 60p for postage (arrived the day after he rang them up). No booking fee! Wolves have done well with the Barnsley game but they need to have a radical rethink about the long term pricing strategy, walk up prices and the rip off booking fee.

B

Bostin

Haven't Albion knocked 5% off their matchday ticket prices this year? They already have lower ST prices than us too. Couple that with the free coaches they get to away games at the end of the season, and I bet they get 10% off in their club shop too!

Our club doesn't care a jot about the fans, it's all about the balance sheet. The above things that Albion offer may be small, but they make the fans feel like their support is appreciated.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The club has held the prices as the same as when we last in the championship 4 years ago - we averaged around 24k that season so i guess the club believe that similar or better gates are achievable if we have a sucessful season.

If you take advantage of the offers and the My Wolves scheme then it works out at less than £20 per game - eg:-

10 x full price home games @ £24 in north/south bank = £240
My Wolves membership = £20 (free i think for lapsed ST holders)
2 x My Wolves discount tickets (v Blues/Bristol City) @ £5 = £10
1 x free Barnsley ticket
1 x My Wolves ticket cash redemption for match of choice ( 10 x £2.40 ticket cash)

I make that 14 games could be seen for £270 @ £19.29 per game and that not taking into account the 4 for £40 promotions and any other promos they haven't yet announced.

If you look at it like that casual fans aren't paying much more than ST holders especially if you know a few ST holders as there are invariably tickets going spare in my group anyway.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club has held the prices as the same as when we last in the championship 4 years ago - we averaged around 24k that season so i guess the club believe that similar or better gates are achievable if we have a sucessful season.

If you take advantage of the offers and the My Wolves scheme then it works out at less than £20 per game - eg:-

1 x free Barnsley ticket
1 x My Wolves ticket cash redemption for match of choice ( 10 x £2.40 ticket cash)

I make that 14 games could be seen for £270 @ £19.29 per game and that not taking into account the 4 for £40 promotions and any other promos they haven't yet announced.

If you look at it like that casual fans aren't paying much more than ST holders especially if you know a few ST holders as there are invariably tickets going spare in my group anyway.

That is one of the best posts I've seen on here for a while. Fair play to you for working that out. I hope all the knockers and moaners take note. Of course one of them will mention the booking fee. So I'll do it for them to save them the bother. Even so still a great offer, especially if you can pay cash at the TO. Well done Wolves.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your missing the point. We are talking the casual fans, not fans who are going to pledge themselves to the My Wolves scheme. I don't know anybody who has given up their season ticket who have, or will, join this scheme. Wolves just don't get it. Forget all this membership nonsense, forget ripping us off with the add on charges, forget this cash back $$$$$$ in the club shop. We have a ground that is far bigger than the average attendance -just drop the prices on a walk up basis and that will attract the casual fan and may just get them back to watching us full time. Its not rocket science.

W

WasStefan

1 x free Barnsley ticket

Impressive when you put it that way, if only Moxey were as good at getting their products across as you are, maybe you should apply for a marketing job at WWFC? :D

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a ground that is far bigger than the average attendance -just drop the prices on a walk up basis and that will attract the casual fan and may just get them back to watching us full time. Its not rocket science.

this seems to be the bit they miss...goodness knows why...??

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Your missing the point. We are talking the casual fans, not fans who are going to pledge themselves to the My Wolves scheme. I don't know anybody who has given up their season ticket who have, or will, join this scheme. Wolves just don't get it. Forget all this membership nonsense, forget ripping us off with the add on charges, forget this cash back $$$$$$ in the club shop. We have a ground that is far bigger than the average attendance -just drop the prices on a walk up basis and that will attract the casual fan and may just get them back to watching us full time. Its not rocket science.

Well if the 'casual' fan isn't bright enough to not look a gift horse in the mouth i.e. pay £20 to get £19 discount off 2 matches straight off and then get money back towards future matches is that the club's fault?

It's called encouraging and rewarding loyalty - it's not rocket science.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if the 'casual' fan isn't bright enough to not look a gift horse in the mouth i.e. pay £20 to get £19 discount off 2 matches straight off and then get money back towards future matches is that the club's fault?

Another good post.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

think of it as human nature, people are inherently lazy. if they dont have a season ticket they aren't likely to go through the process of signing up for other things. but then they might think one day, actually id like to go to a game, they go to get a ticket and see a high price, they are then put off. regarless of all the lovely offers if you have signed up to this scheme or that scheme.

this applies to anyone else who might like to see what the fuss is all about, they won't see or look for the offers only available if you sign up to this or that they will just see the ticket price. unfortunately the common sense approach is not only lost on people at the club but companies in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree 100%

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Impressive when you put it that way, if only Moxey were as good at getting their products across as you are, maybe you should apply for a marketing job at WWFC? :D

I do feel the club do miss a trick in not emphasizing the benefits that these offers bring to the overall costs averaged out over a season - surely they have a data analyst there that could crunch some numbers that throws out how many matches per season your 'average' non ST holder goes to and so forth and put out some examples.

To be fair though the My Wolves details is the first thing you come across when you enter the official site.

S

Salop Wolf

I used to be a season ticket holder for years, but now I would have to say I'm a casual fan.

Sometimes I dont decide whether I'm going to the game until the morning of the match. If I'm lucky I will be offered the odd ticket from friends with season tickets but if not then its all about the price. If I had to pay £28 every time, I'd probably think twice because I have paid that amount on numerous occasions and often left feeling it did not represent VFM.

I think this is how the majority of casual fans think and, unless Wolves achieve great success which attracts fans to the bigger stadium, they will struggle to get the casual fan to attend.

Also, most people on here are dedicated fans who use the internet every day. I dont think the average casual fan is particularly bothered about keeping up to date with what the latest My Wolves offer is, they just want to turn up on Saturday, pay on the gate and watch the game.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
think of it as human nature, people are inherently lazy. if they dont have a season ticket they aren't likely to go through the process of signing up for other things. but then they might think one day, actually id like to go to a game, they go to get a ticket and see a high price, they are then put off. regarless of all the lovely offers if you have signed up to this scheme or that scheme.

this applies to anyone else who might like to see what the fuss is all about, they won't see or look for the offers only available if you sign up to this or that they will just see the ticket price. unfortunately the common sense approach is not only lost on people at the club but companies in general.

Again - i understand what your saying completely about people's general inertia - but i think the club are in a way rewarding the more loyal non ST holders - isn't this what ppl have been banging on about on here for ages now?

Think about it this way - the club could reduce the prices say from £24 to £22 across the board but no offers whatsoever to make up for the shortfall in income - the result would be loads of abuse about not doing any offers, there would be less 'new' fans coming to occasional games (4 for £40 families) and you'd have situations where we'd get 25k gates v Leeds and 17k gates against Barnsley and Petrborough.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I used to be a season ticket holder for years, but now I would have to say I'm a casual fan.

Sometimes I dont decide whether I'm going to the game until the morning of the match. If I'm lucky I will be offered the odd ticket from friends with season tickets but if not then its all about the price. If I had to pay £28 every time, I'd probably think twice because I have paid that amount on numerous occasions and often left feeling it did not represent VFM.

I think this is how the majority of casual fans think and, unless Wolves achieve great success which attracts fans to the bigger stadium, they will struggle to get the casual fan to attend.

Also, most people on here are dedicated fans who use the internet every day. I dont think the average casual fan is particularly bothered about keeping up to date with what the latest My Wolves offer is, they just want to turn up on Saturday, pay on the gate and watch the game.

Well i guess it's down to the club/ticket office to promote what a good scheme it is when taking bookings and sending out literature. Just because ppl are generally stuck in old ways/resistant to change it shouldn't mean the club can't at least try to bring fans into the 21st century.

Do you plan to take advantage of the My Wolves offer? If not can i ask why?

I don't work for the Wolves btw - i know i'm banging on a bit about this, it's just that i feel they get a lot of stick over stuff especially ticketing which to a degree i think is unjustified (considering the spin machine that comes out of the club i think the PR side of things is a bit of a shambles)- i took advantage of the early bird offer and i feel £16.35 per game for me is great value - by doing these offers the club are at least doing something to encourage ;oyalty amongst casual fans too.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm with you all the way on this LINT. Sometimes people just moan about anything.

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't Albion knocked 5% off their matchday ticket prices this year? They already have lower ST prices than us too. Couple that with the free coaches they get to away games at the end of the season, and I bet they get 10% off in their club shop too!

Our club doesn't care a jot about the fans, it's all about the balance sheet. The above things that Albion offer may be small, but they make the fans feel like their support is appreciated.

Even with our capacity reduced ,getting relegated and playing dismal football.Our average
attendance was still higher than albions in a good season for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh and while we're on the subject of casual fans. Weren't we all casual fans in the 70's and 80's with cheap as chips prices to get in. Finishing 4th in the top division playing fantastic football. Did we pack The Mol every week? Did we $$$$$$$$. Where were the walk ups then packing the stadium? I'll tell you! Nowhere to be $$$$ing seen! That's where.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've debated this ad nauseum. There are 2 camps on here - the ST holders who generally see prices as pretty good and fair enough to them. And the other camp ( which includes me) who get to games as and when and I like to sit in the Steve Bull. I'm not paying £29.50 to see Barnsley (or most other NPC sides for that matter at that price) + petrol etc, etc. The ST holders on here will say so what /who cares, again fair enough to them. But it is not the ST holders that the club need to court, by and large they will go season after season come what may - the club need to encourage the casual attenders like me if the ground is to be anywhere near full. There should be one price for all NPC home games (around £20) and tickets should be available on the day at the ground. At these prices I reckon there will be arond 22 -24k for most matches.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh and while we're on the subject of casual fans. Weren't we all casual fans in the 70's and 80's with cheap as chips prices to get in. Finishing 4th in the top division playing fantastic football. Did we pack The Mol every week? Did we $$$$$$$$. Where were the walk ups then packing the stadium? I'll tell you! Nowhere to be $$$$ing seen! That's where.
Burton. We were all walk ups in the days before tickets. It was about gettin there early.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A few questions for you Norfolk and for anyone else thats not a ST holder on here:-

How many home games do you normally get to over a season?

How many more games do you think you'd go to if the prices were a flat £20 behind the goal and £24/£25 on the sides?

Do you plan on joining the My Wolves scheme? If not - whats your reasoning for not joining?

W

WasStefan

A few questions for you Norfolk and for anyone else thats not a ST holder on here:-

How many home games do you normally get to over a season?

How many more games do you think you'd go to if the prices were a flat £20 behind the goal and £24/£25 on the sides?

Do you plan on joining the My Wolves scheme? If not - whats your reasoning for not joining?
Moxey is disguise!

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Burton. We were all walk ups in the days before tickets. It was about gettin there early.

In the early 80's you could pick your spot - i felt a bit like that at Bray on Saturday standing on that grass bank guarding the shed!

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This issue was raised recently and I pointed out at the time that the cheapest season tickets at Wigan (I know, you don't rate them) are 275 quid, 210 for concessions. This works out at 14.47/11.05 for 19 Premier league games. Not Barnsley or the like, Chelsea, Man.U, Man.C and the like. Now tell me that Wolves season tickets are good value. An absolute rip-off IMV, especially after the tripe that's been served up for the last 3 seasons. That may be true of Wigan also but at least it wasn't tripe that got them relegated (yet)!

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This issue was raised recently and I pointed out at the time that the cheapest season tickets at Wigan (I know, you don't rate them) are 275 quid, 210 for concessions. This works out at 14.47/11.05 for 19 Premier league games. Not Barnsley or the like, Chelsea, Man.U, Man.C and the like. Now tell me that Wolves season tickets are good value. An absolute rip-off IMV, especially after the tripe that's been served up for the last 3 seasons. That may be true of Wigan also but at least it wasn't tripe that got them relegated (yet)!

Value/perception of value is different to each person though isn't it? I think Wigan alone as a comparrison is misleading though because even at those low prices they get pitiful gates - thats where supply and demand comes in unfortunately.

If you compare our pricing to other championship sides like Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds and Burnley you won't find a lot in it.

At the other end of the spectrum you've got clubs like Liverpool (who traditionally were never expensive) they have Cat A,B and C games at £42,£45 and £48 respectively, whilst their season tickets offer hardly any discount because of the demand - you might get 1 or 2 'free' games wheras Wolves works out at over 7!

I don't work for the club - honestly!

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A forward thinking and progressive club would be paying the fans (with offers etc) to join MyWolves and not the other way round.

Just a thought.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know of this has been mentioned anywhere but isn't the use of booking fees for all types of entertainment going to be illegal soon? I'm sure there was a government discussion on this last year

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A forward thinking and progressive club would be paying the fans (with offers etc) to join MyWolves and not the other way round.

Just a thought.

Isn't giving 2 matches at £5 each giving a minimum discount of £19 per game = £38 effectively paying fans to join thats even before taking into account ticket cash accumulated over a season.

Put it another way - if you paid the £20 for the My Wolves and only went to those 2 £5 the whole season comes to 30 quid still making it only £15 paid out per game - i fail to understand what's wrong with this offer - oh wait it should be free and tickets should be cheaper but why cor we afford this or that player - i give up .

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't know of this has been mentioned anywhere but isn't the use of booking fees for all types of entertainment going to be illegal soon? I'm sure there was a government discussion on this last year

This is a bugbear for most people when buying tickets for anything these days - most gig tickets have booking fees regardless of how you pay - so at least you get some choice at Wolves to collect and pay cash (if you live locally/buy at previous home game) - if it is outlawed then the ticket prices will just be increased in most cases.

I think the worst part of booking fees for most people is when its per ticket rather just 1 transaction charge to cover c/c costs and postage.

I've bought a few tickets for the cricket at Edgbaston recently and there was no booking fees at all but i guess they've just allowed for it within the total price.

Back
Top Bottom