Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ban Robert Jones from wolves games

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there was a bit of 6 of one half a dozen of the other
Nah. Dawson was trying to get away from him. Actually put his arms in the air so he wasn't touching Mc**** but Mc**** had his arms round him and was trying to block him off. Constantly.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah. Dawson was trying to get away from him. Actually put his arms in the air so he wasn't touching Mc**** but Mc**** had his arms round him and was trying to block him off. Constantly.
That’s how it started but Dawson, the wily old veteran, soon realised that running in to McGinn and going down would put the ref under pressure to either book him or award a penalty.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was an arrogant refereeing display but cowardly at the same time. All the nonsense with McGinn and Dawson should have been dealt with but he was too cowardly to do it, so evened it up by booking them both eventually for “nothing”. Then because he’d booked them McGinn knew he could pretty much do what he wanted the rest of the game and effectively reffed the game for him. He got away with so much it was unreal. The arrogance and cowardly behaviour resulted in him sending off Lemina because by then he’d simply lost all control. I actually think Lemina was a sending off but it’s not compared to McGinns behaviour all game. Simply, there was no consistency.

I said to my two pals after the game, over a pint that we all watch multiple sports and I can’t think of one other single sport where players blatantly ignore rules and officials don’t punish them. None of us could think of one.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s how it started but Dawson, the wily old veteran, soon realised that running in to McGinn and going down would put the ref under pressure to either book him or award a penalty.
You must have been watching a different match fella.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My biggest gripe was where he got the time from after only finding four minutes in the first half (Ait-Nouri was down for three), I expected eight or nine, when I saw 'twelve' go up I thought Villa were making a sub! And then his final act of putting the whistle to his mouth to blow, then changing his mind and letting Villa have their last attack, quickly blowing up when they hit the post

Can't really judge the incidents too much after seeing them in the ground, he did give one of ours a booking for kicking/moving the ball away and failed to book a Villa player for doing the same thing, other than that and the added time, I didn't think he got that much wrong
He also didn't give it us a few times. It usually has to be pretty significant push away of the ball for them to call it.

More players lay on the pitch in the 2nd half of every game. They're tired and take a "break." It's not uncommon. 8-12 minutes should literally be added to every second half. It's almost always the correct amount, if not too little at times.

And the last attack SHOULD have been allowed due to the red card. There was nothing wrong with him adding that extra minute.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happened when Neto went down in the box? I was a long way from it so couldn’t really see, looked a possible penalty?

I was right near the possible Villa penalty with Doc’s little push! That could very easily have been given….

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
S
What happened when Neto went down in the box? I was a long way from it so couldn’t really see, looked a possible penalty?

I was right near the possible Villa penalty with Doc’s little push! That could very easily have been given….
Still not seen any replays on Neto ,not that many comments on here

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fair result, but once again I find that there are too many subjective decisions by the referees. Examples:-
1. I thought that 12 extra minutes in the second half, were too much, 9 minutes would have been more than enough.
2. Red card of Lemina. Yes he got two yellows, but Kovacic made two bad fouls against Arsenal and he got away with the last one because he already had a yellow. that is unfair Wolves had to play 23 minutes (10+13 extra) with a man less, just for a small pull of opponents top.
3. the referee in the most important match of the day Arsenal against City gave only 4 extra minutes, and there were stoppages and all substitutions. There is no balance and everything is subnective to the referee's tastes. That is not fair.
4. Wolves had a penalty on Neto, which was discarded by both the referee and VAR. One may say that Villa also had a penalty which was not given, but the situation would have been different had Wolves gone in front again had their penalty been awarded.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You must have been watching a different match fella.
Fair enough but if you think Dawson wasn’t making the most of it as soon as the ref started to pay attention then you’re being a little naive. But opinions are what make a forum!!!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another look at the Doc push on Watkins at the end has made me think we definitely got away with one. It was a clear penalty and the most blatant push - general consensus from what I can see/hear is that Watkins should have made more of it instead of trying to score.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another look at the Doc push on Watkins at the end has made me think we definitely got away with one. It was a clear penalty and the most blatant push - general consensus from what I can see/hear is that Watkins should have made more of it instead of trying to score.
It was heart in the mouth time for me when that incident took place
I was expecting the referee to point to the spot tbh and was mighty relieved when he didn't.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm as one eyed as anyone at the match, but I don't think he got much wrong. The foul by Doc on Watkins that VAR should have overturned was the worst decision he made. No chance Neto is a pen, I haven't seen the one where Doc put both hands in someone's back late on, but that looked a bit risky too. He probably could have sent someone off from Villa I'm sure but couldn't really argue with Lemina's red.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was heart in the mouth time for me when that incident took place
I was expecting the referee to point to the spot tbh and was mighty relieved when he didn't.
Same. When it went to VAR I was convinced we were done. We got away with one.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have no doubt in my mind that if Doc's push on Watkins had preceded Neto being brought down in the box, the Watkins PK would have been given, and then it's likely an entirely different match from there on out. The fact that Neto was not awarded a PK prior to Doc's push on Watkins probably worked in our favour (post second incident only), as allowing a PK to Villa for Watkins after denying the same to Neto would have sent Molineux into total meltdown (and rightly so).

The Neto non-call is precisely the kind of call Wolves should be getting IF indeed there was ever going to be an eventual evening up of the calls in the long run, as the law of averages would seem to call for. Home team, on the front foot, unstoppable player who's gotten past his mark all day long, had stayed on his feet in a similar attacking run to set up a goal already, and was threatening to do the same again when he was brought down. There was nothing in the mix to warrant giving the Villa defender(s) the benefit of the doubt, and you well know that if it was Watkins doing the same to (say) Toti or Ait-Nouri at Villa Park, it most assuredly would have been given.

I keep waiting for some signal that we are not viewed as the PL's (or even the FA's) unwanted red-headed stepchild.

This incident was one such perfect opportunity ... but not surprisingly, it wasn't given. Seems it never is, and never will be.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no doubt in my mind that if Doc's push on Watkins had preceded Neto being brought down in the box, the Watkins PK would have been given, and then it's likely an entirely different match from there on out. The fact that Neto was not awarded a PK prior to Doc's push on Watkins probably worked in our favour (post second incident only), as allowing a PK to Villa for Watkins after denying the same to Neto would have sent Molineux into total meltdown (and rightly so).

The Neto non-call is precisely the kind of call Wolves should be getting IF indeed there was ever going to be an eventual evening up of the calls in the long run, as the law of averages would seem to call for. Home team, on the front foot, unstoppable player who's gotten past his mark all day long, had stayed on his feet in a similar attacking run to set up a goal already, and was threatening to do the same again when he was brought down. There was nothing in the mix to warrant giving the Villa defender(s) the benefit of the doubt, and you well know that if it was Watkins doing the same to (say) Toti or Ait-Nouri at Villa Park, it most assuredly would have been given.

I keep waiting for some signal that we are not viewed as the PL's (or even the FA's) unwanted red-headed stepchild.

This incident was one such perfect opportunity ... but not surprisingly, it wasn't given. Seems it never is, and never will be.

Think both incidents should have been given as penalties to be consistent with similar given against us in the past, and for other teams in other games. They were both clear shoves which put the attacking player off before they can shoot. Of course, had the Neto one been given and scored, then the game likely plays out differently and there is no guarantee that the Watkins incident happens, or the Lemina pull which gets his second yellow.

Back
Top Bottom