Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ban Robert Jones from wolves games

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sorry mate, I don’t think they did but I'm happy to be corrected.
I don't understand this. Presumably the ref asked Watkins if he wanted treatment and he said yes. If he then says, actually ref I'm OK when they get to him, he still has to go off? Feel like I'm missing something though as several players clearly questioned it and the ref thought he was correct.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the the var one and the player went over to hwang to berate him and raised his hands, granted hwang made a meal of it, but that's a sending off if we did it
You don't really believe that the Villa man raised his hands and did not get sent off but if Hwang had done it, because he plays for Wolves, he'd have been sent off? This is taking conspiracy/bias/ what you will to another level. FFS.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand this. Presumably the ref asked Watkins if he wanted treatment and he said yes. If he then says, actually ref I'm OK when they get to him, he still has to go off? Feel like I'm missing something though as several players clearly questioned it and the ref thought he was correct.
Yes, it was strange. The ref seemed to decide that, even though the physios were called on, the fact they didn't lay hands on Watkins meant he didn't receive treatment - technically correct I guess.

Messy rule, though, and it's really frustrating to the fans watching their player having to stand there for what often seems to be a 'guesswork' half minute. Surely the rulemakers can do better :(

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
You don't really believe that the Villa man raised his hands and did not get sent off but if Hwang had done it, because he plays for Wolves, he'd have been sent off? This is taking conspiracy/bias/ what you will to another level. FFS.
Well he definitely raised his hands as I was watching it as it happened

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well he definitely raised his hands as I was watching it as it happened
He did raise his hands but did not hit Hwang. It was your 2nd point that had Hwang raised his hands he'd have been sent off, implying a bias/conspiracy against Wolves? I'm desperately trying to be a lone voice on here about all this conspiracy crap and I will continue to call it out when I see it.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto clipped leg clear pen

Hwang strangled from what I saw clear red

Ridiculous.

Balanced a little by what should’ve been a pen for Watkins

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc did it a couple times. Think twice on Villa players in our box & then one when pressuring their defender. Idiot.
Yep. I was waiting for the finger to point to the spot so maybe there's no agenda after all.....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also mcginn kicking ait nouri when he was down on floor in technical area, despite not needing to walk where he was
Yes, that one to me was snider and typical Mcginn. Both hexand Dawson should have had yellows for their silliness at corners and this should have seen Mcginn walk for me. He really is a narky horrible player. He made bad fouls on Dawson, Senedo and Ait Nouri.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, it was strange. The ref seemed to decide that, even though the physios were called on, the fact they didn't lay hands on Watkins meant he didn't receive treatment - technically correct I guess.

Messy rule, though, and it's really frustrating to the fans watching their player having to stand there for what often seems to be a 'guesswork' half minute. Surely the rulemakers can do better :(
Whats not right is that if you are fouled and injured, you need to go off for 30 secs. I understand the premise ie to stop feigning injury to waste time. But its not a good rule overall. Needs a tweek of some sort. No idea what though.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a terrible game to referee.

Both teams were pretty embarrassing with the behaviour. I suppose you could argue he enabled this behaviour, but it was such a stop-start game, and there should have been more than four added on first half.

It was a good watch because it was frantic, but the quality was poor.
Two things are really peeing me off about the modern game. 1. Players collapsing holding their face when brushed and 2. Players collapsing when feeling a gentle touch on their backs.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two things are really peeing me off about the modern game. 1. Players collapsing holding their face when brushed and 2. Players collapsing when feeling a gentle touch on their backs.
As I said above, it was like having to ref in the playground today. Pathetic and Wolves as bad as Villa.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ref waving Hwang to get up, then on closer inspection realised he did in fact taken a wack on the nose and stayed down because he was bleeding. Just another awful ref. So many of them in the epl.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you read Villa talk they thought he was poor but massively favoured Wolves.

Probably means he was just poor for both of us. Find the histrionics from booth sets of fans a bit OTT.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the ref waves the physios on they just came on anyway as Watkins was behaving as if he’d had both legs removed at the knees.

As a side note as I the only one who thinks this new rule of waiting 30seconds is pathetic and penalises the injured party and team. Cash took Ran out when we were attacking but they got the ball and looked to exploit the space left by RAN’s absence. Hwang was doing his nut as we were defending a corner - although it worked in our favour as such was his anger he came back on, won the ball back and started the move that led to his goal.

T

TheConcourse

If you read Villa talk they thought he was poor but massively favoured Wolves.

Probably means he was just poor for both of us. Find the histrionics from booth sets of fans a bit OTT.
Yeah, he was bad for both sides. He should have booked McGinn for the nonsense at corners in the first 20 minutes.

He never got control after that point. Awful ref.

Kennedy

Reaction score
Just got in.

I have missed something?

He waant great but he was fair in his incompetence.

The big one one for me was the Hwang incident just before half time, how did he get a nose bleed if he wasn't smacked in the face?

Sadly, I've seen much worse refs...

floydstreet

Reaction score
He did raise his hands but did not hit Hwang. It was your 2nd point that had Hwang raised his hands he'd have been sent off, implying a bias/conspiracy against Wolves? I'm desperately trying to be a lone voice on here about all this conspiracy crap and I will continue to call it out when I see it.
There’s no conspiracy
There is bad luck
And there is unconscious bias

And in the case of Man Utd and Luton decisions there is var staff incapable of following the rules and doing their job

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We're comparing poor with awful with utterly abysmal. When we get somebody poor these days, we see a half decent referee.

Coote was never going to ask for a penalty check, lest the referee change his mind when going to the monitor. That's assuming he was not asleep when it happened.

Happy with the point, regardless of the side acts. We could so easily have lost that at the death.

I'm beginning to warm towards GON, who again just about outwitted his elite managerial opponent. Villa undoubtedly have the better side and I'd be disappointed with that result if I was a Villa fan. Villa fans presently being gracious towards us on the phone-in. We are a bit of a thorn in their side of late.
This. It's like the officiating equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. "Well, this one's not quite so bent, or so obvious about his bias, so he must have been OK, so stop your whinging willya", etc. It's almost as if they are bothered that you're not going along with the grift.

80% of Molineux Mixers would need immediate therapy if they were exposed to decent quality officiating on a regular basis. We almost had that for the few glorious months we were competing in Europe a few years ago. It was amazing, and no one complained, ever. But the powers that be (PL and PGMOL) were never going to stand by and allow a provincial club like Wolves get themselves established at that level, as we have since seen in repeated and at-times-bizarre circumstances, including the crackdown on FFP that cost us Julen.

Following this club in the post-Nuno era has left me believing that Wolves is the red-headed stepchild of the PL, and the sooner we and our Chinese ownership are returned to "our level" with Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland and West Brom, etc., the better. JMHO.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats not right is that if you are fouled and injured, you need to go off for 30 secs. I understand the premise ie to stop feigning injury to waste time. But its not a good rule overall. Needs a tweek of some sort. No idea what though.
Easy. If it's a foul you don't have to go off for 30s, if you go down from a random coming together or some other reason where you haven't been fouled, then you do go off

They had a rule for a while that if a player was booked for fouling someone then the player fouled wouldn't have to go off the pitch before coming back on, dunno what happened to that!

bigwolf

Reaction score
I thought the ref wasn't that bad. The pathetic players on both sides made it very difficult for him.

Hwang is the new Podence. I think gravity impacts him more than the normal human being.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Easy. If it's a foul you don't have to go off for 30s, if you go down from a random coming together or some other reason where you haven't been fouled, then you do go off

They had a rule for a while that if a player was booked for fouling someone then the player fouled wouldn't have to go off the pitch before coming back on, dunno what happened to that!
Ahh, I think you may have the answer here.

A player who is assessed or treated on the pitch must then leave, except when:

a goalkeeper is injured
a goalkeeper and an outfield player collide with each other and need attention
players from the same team collide and need attention
a player is injured by a foul for which the offender is shown a red or yellow card
a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will take the kick

So Dawson's booking negated the need for Watkins to leave the pitch.

bigwolf

Reaction score
This. It's like the officiating equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. "Well, this one's not quite so bent, or so obvious about his bias, so he must have been OK, so stop your whinging willya", etc. It's almost as if they are bothered that you're not going along with the grift.

80% of Molineux Mixers would need immediate therapy if they were exposed to decent quality officiating on a regular basis. We almost had that for the few glorious months we were competing in Europe a few years ago. It was amazing, and no one complained, ever. But the powers that be (PL and PGMOL) were never going to stand by and allow a provincial club like Wolves get themselves established at that level, as we have since seen in repeated and at-times-bizarre circumstances, including the crackdown on FFP that cost us Julen.

Following this club in the post-Nuno era has left me believing that Wolves is the red-headed stepchild of the PL, and the sooner we and our Chinese ownership are returned to "our level" with Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland and West Brom, etc., the better. JMHO.

Yawn.

Classic victim syndrome.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahh, I think you may have the answer here.

A player who is assessed or treated on the pitch must then leave, except when:

a goalkeeper is injured
a goalkeeper and an outfield player collide with each other and need attention
players from the same team collide and need attention
a player is injured by a foul for which the offender is shown a red or yellow card
a penalty kick has been awarded and the injured player will take the kick

So Dawson's booking negated the need for Watkins to leave the pitch.
Well done you have cleared that for us thank you

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, that one to me was snider and typical Mcginn. Both hexand Dawson should have had yellows for their silliness at corners and this should have seen Mcginn walk for me. He really is a narky horrible player. He made bad fouls on Dawson, Senedo and Ait Nouri.

What did Dawson do wrong? I was in the South Bank watching it all. What did you see that i didn't?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What did Dawson do wrong? I was in the South Bank watching it all. What did you see that i didn't?
I think there was a bit of 6 of one half a dozen of the other

Back
Top Bottom