Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bamford 'Leeds robbed'

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bitter Bamford has been referred to Saiss disallowed goal earlier in the season by a few on twitter. No doubt the Leeds biased media will be all over this travesty of justice disallowed goal for Bamford over the coming days when none gave a **** for numerous ones for us over the last 18 months.

D

Deleted member 11332

Not really sure what he's talking about. The assistant flagged him offside so even without VAR it was disallowed. Patrick, you were offside mate, just accept it.
I was 'robbed' of over 200 quid aswell tbf. Never been happier to lose it. That caviar ***** can jog on enall.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Dreadful comments from Bamford and awful reporting by the BBC. “Leeds goal ruled out by VAR”. The goal was ruled out (correctly!) by the assistant’s flag. VAR merely agreed with him.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not really sure what he's talking about. The assistant flagged him offside so even without VAR it was disallowed. Patrick, you were offside mate, just accept it.
He’s just venting at VAR. Others do it too.
people don’t always “just accept it”.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just searched for Bamford VAR on google to see it again and I stumbled upon the one earlier in the season where he pointed and was given offside.

Now THAT was ludicrous.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But it's nothing to do with VAR. The assistant flagged him offside.
I know but he’s just reacting like we all do sometimes......you never feel that we got the wrong end of the stick?
it’s nothing talk....is all.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know but he’s just reacting like we all do sometimes......you never feel that we got the wrong end of the stick?
it’s nothing talk....is all.
He's saying they were robbed because his goal was incorrectly ruled out for offside when it obviously wasn't. Can't see on any level how that equites to them being robbed.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's saying they were robbed because his goal was incorrectly ruled out for offside when it obviously wasn't. Can't see on any level how that equites to them being robbed.
I don’t care an iota what he says or thinks....who is he again?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
LOTS to moan about with VAR, no one knows that more so than Wolves fans, but this was clearly not one of those moments, and as people have pointed out the on-field decision was offside so even without VAR it wouldn't have counted!

R

reanswolf

He is a good lad to be fair.

I thought he was offside, but then having seen the VAR lines thought he was played onside (just) by Coady's foot. Both players are leaning in opposite directions, but I would feel aggrieved had the situations been reversed. His arm and hand were offside but see rule below.

FA Offside rule: -

Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
  • second-last opponent or
  • last two opponents

BTW, we were better 1st half, they were better 2nd half, so a draw would have been fair. As usual, we lost it in midfield 2nd half but i expect this now.

Last edited by a moderator:

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans of the bestest promoted team in the world ever spending their Friday nights drawing lines on a still from the match whilst I ordered a curry, drank beer and watched us climb up the table. Marvellous.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or.....now get this....it’s quite radical I know, but , maybe....juuuust maybe, we don’t care what somebody said.

North Bank

Reaction score
If VAR was there or not the lineman’s flagged him offside so it wouldn’t have counted. Decent finish though, give him that.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreadful comments from Bamford and awful reporting by the BBC. “Leeds goal ruled out by VAR”. The goal was ruled out (correctly!) by the assistant’s flag. VAR merely agreed with him.

Biased commentary all night , maybe they tried paying us off again or send the spy’s out ?

R

reanswolf

We had 15 shots, they had 18, we had 5 on target they had 7, we had 41% possession, they had 59%.

So I think a draw is the least they deserved to be fair.

The offisde is controversial too, in my opinion.

But a great 3 points.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope you feel better this morning after the horrendous performance by the officials/var.

I feel ****ing fantastic. I've even forgiven them for awarding yous a free kick for elbowing Semedo.

I shouted offside at the TV at the time, the linesman gave it, Var confirmed it, Wtf are you moaning for?

WS10Wolf

Reaction score
We had 15 shots, they had 18, we had 5 on target they had 7, we had 41% possession, they had 59%.

So I think a draw is the least they deserved to be fair.

The offisde is controversial too, in my opinion.

But a great 3 points.
Controversial how? The linesman gave it offside and VAR showed he was correct. We’ve been unlucky not to come away with more in plenty of games this season, it happens.

R

reanswolf

Controversial how? The linesman gave it offside and VAR showed he was correct. We’ve been unlucky not to come away with more in plenty of games this season, it happens.
Sorry I just don't get how it was offside? Coady's foot was playing him onside IMO.

WS10Wolf

Reaction score
Sorry I just don't get how it was offside? Coady's foot was playing him onside IMO.
The review last night shows that Bamford’s knee was ahead of Coady’s heel, just.

I don’t like VAR any more than you do, think it’s hideous, but they’ve been giving those offside for the last two years. It’s either an unbelievable call from the assistant, or a lucky one. But going back to my other point, we’ve had plenty of games this season go against us by the slimmest margin, let’s not get on our high horse when one goes for us.
1613808699289.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom