Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Backroom staff

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said this...Jeff dithered after the response on Social media........then thought let's get the palace game out the way , then panicked and put the approach in on Thursday.......in the meantime Beale got QPR top and got cold feet.........had we put the approach in on the Monday, Beale would of been our head coach.....
We’ll never know if Beale was good enough. Did we get lucky when Beale said “no thanks”?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll never know if Beale was good enough. Did we get lucky when Beale said “no thanks”?
Yes I agree....I was horrified when we was linked .....and the response on social media was probably justified.......just saying Jeff dithered..... probably as he wasn't sure himself, but was being advised by someone.......had we me moved quicker we would have got him.......

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Find it hard to believe that Wolves didn’t want to pay part of the compensation. Wasn’t it only £1m compensation for Nuno?
Jeff would paid to get Beale free…so why not Nuno?

I think it’s untrue.
Not sure it said none and £1m was apparently for beale. But in neither case do we know what wolves were prepared to pay.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure it said none and £1m was apparently for beale. But in neither case do we know what wolves were prepared to pay.
Jeff knows that he’ll most likely have to pay compensation to somebody or other so for somebody to post that Wolves wouldn’t pay pay it is kinda ludicrous.
Therefore, imo, if that part is untrue, then I don’t believe the rest of it.

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me. From the moment I read we'd interviewed Rob Edwards I thought something very strange was going on, as it was suggested it wasn't for the manager's role. Also I believe Shi & Sellars are incompetent but surely not to the level of not making a single enquiry to Michael Beale to see if he'd be interested before going to the the trouble of getting permission from QPR? So I think it's obvious the goal posts were moved from when they first spoke to him to him turning us down.

Also I now don't believe for a second we could have got Lopetegui and probably didn't even get to the point of discussing any details. Due to previous connections and being impressed with our "project" in 2016 he was happy to let us down gently. Of course his ill father is a major factor but we'd have to believe whatever backroom structure and package was being put in place could have got a manager of Lopetegui's stature but not Michael Beale or anyone else?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me it gets worse every day!
At this current moment, it feels like nary a day passes without more information coming to light that exposes the upper management of this club as cheap and incompetent. If it's true that Nuno was so keen to return that he would foot part of the bill for Al-Ittihad, and Jeff still said no, then I can scarcely find the words.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doris the tea lady has started her coaching badges I gather ...

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a few rumours that beale changed his mind due to january transfers, staff, and compo issues.

DDave just posted this on twitter saying similar about nuno. If (big if) there us truth to this for both managers, it's an absolute shambles and Shi has to relent. This penny pinching will cost vastly more than it saves.

Fwiw I don't care if a player or staff member is upset by nuno or his team. The tail doesn't wag the dog.

Nuno what a legend. Shows the quality and integrity of the man. A gentleman and a scholar, (Dr Nuno) of course. He puts this shower to shame.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think you spend £100m+ in the summer on your squad and then baulk at a couple of million getting in the staff you want/need

rubyloo

Reaction score
Any backroom staff ‘cost’ needs to be looked at in the context of the cost of relegation. Wouldn’t expect the clowns in charge to be capable of such thinking though.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I said this...Jeff dithered after the response on Social media........then thought let's get the palace game out the way , then panicked and put the approach in on Thursday.......in the meantime Beale got QPR top and got cold feet.........had we put the approach in on the Monday, Beale would of been our head coach.....
Yep. This exactly.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I think this is **** stirring because we have no back room staff apart from a Physio and a GK coach.

Feel free to correct me.
There were enough people sat beside the dugout yesterday whoever they all were

Clipboard

Reaction score
I don't think you spend £100m+ in the summer on your squad and then baulk at a couple of million getting in the staff you want/need
You'd think so but nothing would surprise me with this shower of ****

Back
Top Bottom