Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Away Season Tickets?

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these have gone on sale yet (as i couldn't find any details on the club website) or when they are likely to go on sale or have they already sold out-and is there any extra qualifying criteria apart from being a home ST holder?

This raises another question-how many ast's will the club sell and how many existing ones do we already have? I seem to remember the last time we was in the prem they capped it at around 1000 and we had around 500 hardcore ast holders once we went back down?

I've been thinking of maybe going shares on 1 or 2 ast's with a few of my mates as we tend to go about 5-10 away games a season-though that could open up a whole new can of worms such as which games get given to who,and also the timing of games too-as too may midweek and mon night games could throw a spanner in the works.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Alchemist

I've got an away AST, but no details have come through from the club about renewals yet.

Last time we were in the Prem it was £300 so expect something similar (or probably more).

Reaction score
I've got an away AST, but no details have come through from the club about renewals yet.

Last time we were in the Prem it was £300 so expect something similar (or probably more).

If it's over £500 to watch 19 games at Molineux but only £300 to watch 19 games at 19 different Premiership stadiums, I'll be pleasantly surprised!

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's over £500 to watch 19 games at Molineux but only £300 to watch 19 games at 19 different Premiership stadiums, I'll be pleasantly surprised!

The AST goes towards the likely sell out away games. Last season it was £7, you pay it up front then get it back off the ticket when you buy it.

We have about 500 ASTs at the mo. Can't see it being allowed to go above 700.

T

The Alchemist

An Ast does not pay for all your away matches - you get a book of vouchers and each voucher is worth a certain amount towards the cost of an away ticket.

This year an AST was £120 - you got 15 vouchers worth £7 each. £15 x 7 = £105 so the club made £15 profit. You also got another 8 vouchers worth nothing - but you were still guaranteed a ticket for these games.

So, if you went to an away match and it was £30 a ticket you paid £23 to the ticket office and a voucher.

T

The Alchemist

I said vouchers above - its actually a credit card type thing with yur supporter number on now.

P

PeteWolf

Do we really need them now? I had one last time and the few seasons around it, but these days we've got loyalty points which should take care of everything (and it wasn't impossible to get tickets for any away games last time, even Man Utd where I got an extra 2.

The only thing I miss about not having one now is the voucher and having paid a little bit off in advance.

T

The Alchemist

Do we really need them now? I had one last time and the few seasons around it, but these days we've got loyalty points which should take care of everything (and it wasn't impossible to get tickets for any away games last time, even Man Utd where I got an extra 2.

The only thing I miss about not having one now is the voucher and having paid a little bit off in advance.

I dont think we NEED them - however, I've had mine for about 10 years now and I love it - no need to apply for tickets, no need sitting in a queue on the telephone, you just sign up in the summer and the tickets arrive automatically throughout the year.

P

PeteWolf

I dont think we NEED them - however, I've had mine for about 10 years now and I love it - no need to apply for tickets, no need sitting in a queue on the telephone, you just sign up in the summer and the tickets arrive automatically throughout the year.
If it was just the telephone, then yeah I'd agree, but you've got online as well now, which with the loyalty points system shouldn't mean a mass rush and outage like for the Doncaster game.

S

shewolf

I too love having an AST, particularly not living near the wolves and just being able to drop in like some of you lucky people.

Only bad thing is hubby and 2 children are not ast's so have to ring up for theirs:(

Arron

Reaction score
I intend to get 1 if possible but got told by some AST's the other week that the 400 we currently have is being scaled down to 200 by ballot. Any truth in this?

W

woolee9

I would love one but couldn't afford my home one and away last year. But I have the money this year, so I just need to get one as soon as they are sold - if they are.

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I intend to get 1 if possible but got told by some AST's the other week that the 400 we currently have is being scaled down to 200 by ballot. Any truth in this?

I hope not. They kept it going the last time we were up. It reduces the worry of not getting a ticket for an away game for me.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies-so it seems we are still awaiting an anouncement(probably waiting for details off other prem league clubs for ticket allocations) from the club on numbers and when.

Am i right in thinking its 10% of capacity or 3000 minimum away fan minimum requirement in the premiership? Also which clubs do people think it will be easier to get tickets for-i.e bigger ticket allocations or less attractive fixtures?

P

PeteWolf

Thanks for the replies-so it seems we are still awaiting an anouncement(probably waiting for details off other prem league clubs for ticket allocations) from the club on numbers and when.

Am i right in thinking its 10% of capacity or 3000 minimum away fan minimum requirement in the premiership? Also which clubs do people think it will be easier to get tickets for-i.e bigger ticket allocations or less attractive fixtures?
It's 3000, or 10% if the ground is less than 30k.

Wigan will be 5500+, Blackburn up to 8000, Bolton will go up to 5000 if they're not going to sell out, Fulham 6000 again if they're not going to sell it themselves, all the rest are a couple of hundred either side of 3000 except for Hull (2400) and Pompey (2000)

High demand games - Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Villa.

Can't see it being impossible for any of the rest except Pompey due to allocation and obviously any important end of season games.

Arron

Reaction score

Blackburn 4.5k-6k if we get whole stand,although they didn't give it us last time for some reason.

Wigan you get whole stand, roughly 5.5k.

Sunderland and boro can both go to about 4k allocation.

Fulhams away end isn't segregated so up to 5k there I think but home fans can buy tickets in same end.

West ham is 4k

Bolton can go to about 4k with upper and lower allocation.

Man city is 4.5k I think with upper and lower as well.

Can't think of anymore

S

SaleWolf

Had an AST for 5 years now and its a great system if you go to most away games.

There better be no truth in them scaling it down from 400 to 200, why on earth would they do that in a year when tickets will be even more sought after?

It wil probably cost in the region of £300 again this year, seen as its Premier League prices we are payingbut when you consider, your guaranteed a ticket to all our away games, its pretty good to be fair.

Arron

Reaction score
Had an AST for 5 years now and its a great system if you go to most away games.

There better be no truth in them scaling it down from 400 to 200, why on earth would they do that in a year when tickets will be even more sought after?

It wil probably cost in the region of £300 again this year, seen as its Premier League prices we are payingbut when you consider, your guaranteed a ticket to all our away games, its pretty good to be fair.

yes totally agree, but then again the blokes that told me must of heard something? hopefully isn't true though and i'll be able to get one, might as well considering i only missed 4 away last season, so worth it for me really.

D

Dewsburywolf

I keep getting letters from WWFC inviting me to sign up for one (missed about a dozen away games in past 4 years) but my Ticket Advisor keeps telling me not to bother as I get the tickets through her (legitimately) anyway. In other words why waste £300 to get what she arranges for me anyway?

Like I keep telling folks join/form Supporters Clubs and WWFC look after you.

Arron

Reaction score
I keep getting letters from WWFC inviting me to sign up for one (missed about a dozen away games in past 4 years) but my Ticket Advisor keeps telling me not to bother as I get the tickets through her (legitimately) anyway. In other words why waste £300 to get what she arranges for me anyway?

can members of supporter clubs like yourself get tickets without a ST (i know you have 1, but other members), for away games i mean?

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our travel/ticket secretary uses the London Wolves ASTs to get away tickets, he's got our supporter numbers. Obviously we buy more tickets than we have ASTs but it helps when requesting tickets in bulk.

S

SaleWolf

You wouldn't be wasting £300 Dews. You get £15 off each ticket for that price so its not as if your paying out purely for guaranteed tickets, you get money off as well.

Just to let people know, i've e-mailed the ticket office this morning for confirmation of AST holders renewal dates and to see if theres any truth in the rumour that the numbers will be slashed by half.

Will update when i get a reply.

D

Dewsburywolf

can members of supporter clubs like yourself get tickets without a ST (i know you have 1, but other members), for away games i mean?

No mate I have a pool of 25/30 Season Ticket holders and we share those numbers around to get tickets for other members to away game tickets. Too complicated to explain on here but everything I do is legit otherwise I wouldn't do it. Didn't entirely help me get the requisite tickets I needed for Barnsley away last month but on the whole it works OK.

You wouldn't be wasting £300 Dews. You get £15 off each ticket for that price so its not as if your paying out purely for guaranteed tickets, you get money off as well.

It's a waste in that I would have to stump up £300 in the first place when the way I do it I don't need to. Like I said my Ticket Advisor "advises" me not so why would I not take her advice? It's what she's paid to do (and she's excellant at it)

P

Powelly

There would be no logical reason for them to reduce the number of AST's whatsoever when the smallest allocation in the prem will be about 2000 at Stoke/Pompey..

I had one last time we we were in the prem and for the 2 seasons after it.. Now that Wolves have a loyalty scheme, then IMO there is no need for having one other than if you wish to reduce the cost of tickets slightly by stumping up X amount in a few weeks time.

The only problem may be that if wolves decide to not use some sort of rollover for the first few games of next season and we end up with our first 3 aways being Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool.

S

SaleWolf

Below is the response i have just received from the Ticket Office

"Never listen to rumours!! We are currently finalising the details of next season away season ticket scheme but please rest assured there are no plans to cut the numbers of away season ticket holders. You should receive your renewal information in the next 2/3 weeks".

Best Regards

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
TicketLine : 0871 222 1877

D

Dewsburywolf

Hate to say it but that's probably the standard letter of reply I would've expected even if I'd contacted them myself. Considering I've been at work until 20 minutes ago and couldn't so you saved me the bother of doing so.

They can't/won't reveal such things until every possible i has been dotted and t crossed.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Below is the response i have just received from the Ticket Office

"Never listen to rumours!! We are currently finalising the details of next season away season ticket scheme but please rest assured there are no plans to cut the numbers of away season ticket holders. You should receive your renewal information in the next 2/3 weeks".

Best Regards

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
TicketLine : 0871 222 1877

What email address are you using mate? tried ticketoffice@wolves.co.uk and never got a reply to my question on the TPS scheme

Arron

Reaction score
Apologies for obviously incorrect information, but hopefully I should get 1 then.

P

Powelly

Away season ticket prices have been confirmed as £210

£10 per game and £20 "admin"

Its also been confirmed that there will be NO rollover of points from this season

T

The Alchemist

Also, to buy an AST you need to have a Home ST.

For new applicants you have to give them your card details - they then automatically bill your account and post the tickets out without you having to contact the club each time.

Deadline for renewals (and payment) is Friday 3rd July. I don't know the deadline for new applications.

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

+1, thanks Jim and Yorkshire Wolves (well they are the farthest north Supporters club)....

S

SaleWolf

Away season ticket prices have been confirmed as £210

£10 per game and £20 "admin"

Its also been confirmed that there will be NO rollover of points from this season

They are doing AST applications on loyalty points though if the demand outweighs the number of tickets available. Confirmed by ticket office to me in a phone call.

P

Powelly

So on top of not rolling loyalty points over the club is now increasing the number of AST's available by 500 compared to our last premiership stint forcing people to stump up for an AST or risk not getting to hardly any away games

F

fielden05

Am i missing something?

What does the £210 cover? Surely not all the games? Doesn't Chelsea cost something like £50? That's a quarter of the price alone.

Back
Top Bottom