Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Avicii, superstar DJ, dead.

W

WasStefan

Was a alcoholic

Probably suicide or substance abuse though

Very sad

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was a alcoholic

Probably suicide or substance abuse though

Very sad

Very sad...follows a history of battling addiction. Had his gall bladder removed and suffered severe pancreatitis because of drinking. Another that seemed to have everything but really had nothing. 28 though...I was still a ****ing about like a teenager at 28!

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't have a clue who he was.
I've pretty much chosen to drop out of pop culture though. I don't even do Facebook.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasnt really pop

Agree re FB, dropped that a while back

If you were to ask me about the top 40 (previously referred to as the Hit parade) of the last 10 years I wouldn't have a clue. And this is from a bloke who used to have a bit on an encyclopedic knowledge of 80s + music. I've got diverse tastes (as have been discussed in the off topic section) from some ****ing nasty doom/grindcore metal to beautiful classical. I'm off to see Marillion at York Barbican on Sunday on a bellyfull of Ale .... Stunning group!

IveI checked out of the FB, reality TV scene (although I like Gogglebox). It's fame for the fame hunter culture. I never understood the desire to collect aquantancies on FB.

I have I really good inner circle of absolute rock solid mates... I don't need to friend n

D

Deleted member 3751

Wasn't a massive fan (liked a couple of his tracks) but 28 is no age for anyone to go. Even if they're off their heads on everything. His 'retirement' a couple of years ago was possibly more down to his health

RIP

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted. Huge part of a pivotal night in the lives of me and my group of friends. Providing the backdrop for moments that’ll live with us for a lifetime.

Great shame, guy had his demons, a workaholic, alcholic with an addiction to cocaine. Seems they all got the best of him in the end.

:(

W

WasStefan

28, he must have done some serious abuse of alcohol / coke to have his life taken at such a young age, tragic

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you were to ask me about the top 40 (previously referred to as the Hit parade) of the last 10 years I wouldn't have a clue.

Getting old, it's amazing how it happens and you drop out. I use Shazam these days, I don't know who anybody is.
Now I know who Avicii was, I know the songs.

Robert Plant is over here at the moment, doing the Byron Bay festival. There was a 30min interview with him on national TV the other night. Not one of the people i mentioned it to had ever heard of him.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting old, it's amazing how it happens and you drop out. I use Shazam these days, I don't know who anybody is.
Now I know who Avicii was, I know the songs.

Robert Plant is over here at the moment, doing the Byron Bay festival. There was a 30min interview with him on national TV the other night. Not one of the people i mentioned it to had ever heard of him.

The thing is I love music.
I remember my dad having numerous pops at me for listening to Public enemy.
I love nasty metal and I'm off to see some other best songwriting live performers that have ever walked the face of the earth on Sunday Evening (Marillion) in York Barbican centre ... But I just don't get 75% of the dull mainstream music thesedays. It's awful.

As my dad would have said "it's just noise".

Yes, I've become an old fart

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is I love music.
I remember my dad having numerous pops at me for listening to Public enemy.
I love nasty metal and I'm off to see some other best songwriting live performers that have ever walked the face of the earth on Sunday Evening (Marillion) in York Barbican centre ... But I just don't get 75% of the dull mainstream music thesedays. It's awful.

As my dad would have said "it's just noise".

Yes, I've become an old fart
Its not even noise anymore its manufactured noise RIP to Avicii

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad news, particularly as someone of the age where his songs are linked with nights out.
True that.

Being in Ibiza as all his hits came out, as Seek Bromance exploded, Levels hit and then arguably the biggest in Wake Me Up, latterly, Waiting For Love.

Special times in me own life, bloke had the soundtrack for it.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved this song, just a great summer tune.
Telling me mate, sitting outside cafe on San Antonio bay and an unusual song comes across the radio (without vocals, they were added later), thinking this sounds alright. Go out on the night and it’s everywhere, it was like wildfire, the club djs and even established names played it consistently, with vocals added.

Brilliant stuff, part of the sort of house music scene that is missing from the white isle these days, great in someways as it was songs like Seek Bromance that firmly pushed it into the mainstream limelight.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was upset when I heard. Respected the lad tremendously and loved his work. Levels and wake me up are genius.
So sad.

Back
Top Bottom