Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Attacking areas today

W

WasStefan

Right wing 9%
Left wing 19%
Centre 72%

42% of the possession played in Swanseas final third against Arguably the best possessional side in the league. And for once we didn't lump it to the wingers and hope for the best.

Signs of change? Credit to Connor?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will point out here that he's gathered 3 points from 11 games.

Just to put things in perspective!

H

Hatch End

I'd point out that we were playing a team with nothing to play for!

J

Jungleee

I'd point out that Wolves often do well when there's no expectation.

W

WasStefan

I'd point out that all the above comments are completely relevant! :D

Though tbf Jungleee the last 4 games of last season come to mind.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Co-commentator on live stream talked about how, second half, we pressed them really high up the pitch and stopped them from being able to play out from the back. Consequently, high balls to Graham went straight down Berra and Stearman's throat and we dominated possession.

Played it around on the deck again today.

Some tactical nous methinks. I don't think Connor is the man to take us forward, but he's making subtle changes which point to a much better, and more intelligent, way of playing.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No mater what Connor does not one brain cell will change for some.

He has had to change the way the team plays and if you refuse to accept how the style of play has changed for the better I despair.

I thought Connor tactically out-thought Rogers

W

WasStefan

He has had to change the way the team plays and if you refuse to accept how the style of play has changed for the better I despair.

You could see it today I have to admit, still think he should be moved on but I have the feeling Moxey will give him the job

H

Hatch End

If today's result gives Moxey the excuse to keep Clippo on as manager I'd rather have lost 10-0.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have played more football under TC it's been obvious in practically every game since he took over however, we haven't picked up enough points & have been shocking in defence.

Hopefully our next manager carries on the style TC is trying to implement.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AT the moment it`s not the result but the style of play that counts!, and eventually the results will come with the addition of a few players.

W

WasStefan

Saw it against Newcastle, thought we had a chance of survival... see it again today albeit much to late

If only our defence matched our offence we may be a decent side, we can't keep giving teams a 2 goal head start, or in this case 3

Last edited by a moderator:

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought Connor tactically out-thought Rogers

You're perhaps taking this a bit far.

I don't doubt his ability to display tactical nouse and change things over time.

But his remit was to keep us up. You can't absolve him from criticism for that failure by saying he is making slow changes. Slow changes were the last thing we needed!

W

WasStefan

Your perhaps taking this a bit far.

I don't doubt his ability to display tactical nouse and change things over time.

But his remit was to keep us up. You can't absolve him from criticism for that failure by saying he is making slow changes. Slow changes were the last thing we needed!
Not his fault though is it, M&M appointed him, he's not got a magic wand, any manager would have struggled to turn our shower of $$$$e into an attractive footballing side

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your perhaps taking this a bit far.

The same as for any manager.

IMO no matter who had come in we would have likely been down.

Do you honesty think any manager could have gone from hoofball to on playing on the deck with the players at Wolves and kept us up?

W

WasStefan

The same as for any manager.

IMO no matter who had come in we would have likely been down.

Do you honesty think any manager could have gone from hoofball to on playing on the deck with the players at Wolves and kept us up?

yea you're right.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And so it begins.

The creeping, seeping, settle for second best again.

Of course there's been a change of style. Of course it looks prettier.

The same thing happened today that has happened all season though. The game was thrown away within the first half hour.

Four goals conceded and the game being chased. Swansea give teams room to play and with a bit of spirit from the players they managed to drag back a point.

Don't expect the same against Everton. Or Wigan for that matter.

W

WasStefan

And so it begins.

The creeping, seeping, settle for second best again.

Of course there's been a change of style. Of course it looks prettier.

The same thing happened today that has happened all season though. The game was thrown away within the first half hour.

Four goals conceded and the game being chased. Swansea give teams room to play and with a bit of spirit from the players they managed to drag back a point.

Don't expect the same against Everton. Or Wigan for that matter.
We will see!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see us battle and have a go!!

Too late. We have to have a new manager, breath of fresh air, new tactics, new hope and above all new belief. This season is history. Todays result does not matter a jot. We HAVE to go into the new season in a different frame of mind. End of.

J

johnybig32

Its been like that a lot this year, I remember making a comment about this after watching a stream for another away game.

Most of our attacking was done down the middle. This was suprising as we are better getting the ball out wide.

Summed up our failings.

W

WasStefan

Its been like that a lot this year, I remember making a comment about this after watching a stream for another away game.

Most of our attacking was done down the middle. This was suprising as we are better getting the ball out wide.

Summed up our failings.

Completely the opposite of what I was trying to convey. Look what happened today when we played through the middle with Jarvis on the left a good outlet if needed. This season we have gone through game after game of overusing our wing players, thus getting sussed out and being nullified by other teams.

Today we actually play a bit of posession football, pressures off granted, but against probably the best possession based team in the league we held our own and should have won if it weren't for some pathetic defending from Stearman.

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to have a new manager, breath of fresh air, new tactics, new hope and above all new belief.

Absolutely this in spades we have had a dreadful season- much credit for todays fightback but once the dust has settled we need a new broom- and quickly!

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aside from our current predicament, have Swansea been found out? They've had a lot of plaudits (and yet Norwich have done just as well but without all the media exposure) but for all the passing and possession, their form over the last 8 has averaged a point per game...

J

johnybig32

Completely the opposite of what I was trying to convey. Look what happened today when we played through the middle with Jarvis on the left a good outlet if needed. This season we have gone through game after game of overusing our wing players, thus getting sussed out and being nullified by other teams.

Today we actually play a bit of posession football, pressures off granted, but against probably the best possession based team in the league we held our own and should have won if it weren't for some pathetic defending from Stearman.

The point I was making was that we have played this way most of the season, down the middle, even though we think, well I did, that we play most of it down the wings.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we attacked more in a position containing Edwards with him scoring and the team scoring 4!!!No way! It can't be true

S

SimplyTheWolves

All today's performance has done is shown that they can play a bit when they really want to.

D

Deleted member 3751

Right wing 9%
Left wing 19%
Centre 72%

42% of the possession played in Swanseas final third against Arguably the best possessional side in the league. And for once we didn't lump it to the wingers and hope for the best.

Signs of change? Credit to Connor?

Mentioned it last week, he does deserve credit for how we've improved when in possession and if he'd have been able to do something to sort out the defence he'd be in with a good shout of the job. But if he'd sorted out the defence he would've garnered more than a paltry three points.

L

liquidatorwolf

How do those stats compare to other games? As Bossworld said, Swansea may have been sussed out, next season they will have to adapt.

W

WasStefan

Mentioned it last week, he does deserve credit for how we've improved when in possession and if he'd have been able to do something to sort out the defence he'd be in with a good shout of the job. But if he'd sorted out the defence he would've garnered more than a paltry three points.

"It's hard to fly with broken wings"

No manager in the world would sort out our defence with these players we have

D

Deleted member 3751

"It's hard to fly with broken wings"

No manager in the world would sort out our defence with these players we have

No but I'm sure some managers would've organised them better so we didn't concede at least two a game. No denying it though, we're a much better team in possession than under McCarthy.

Today though, probably wouldn't have had four good efforts on goal under McCarthy, let alone score four.

W

WasStefan

No but I'm sure some managers would've organised them better so we didn't concede at least two a game. No denying it though, we're a much better team in possession than under McCarthy.

Today though, probably wouldn't have had four good efforts on goal under McCarthy, let alone score four.
Yup. Agree with that. He should be praised for what he's trying to do though.

D

Deleted member 3751

Yup. Agree with that. He should be praised for what he's trying to do though.

Definitely. If it'd have been a new face we'd all be raving about the new philosophy and he'll sort out the defence next year and take us back up, McCarthy's mess. Because it's Connor he'd never get the time or leeway, was on a hiding to nothing.

B

BaysideWolf

Fantastic that the team didn't fold having conceeded early goals. In previous games we would have rolled over and died. Great that the style of footbal is changing as that was much needed. I accept that TC might be changing the style but that it will take time.

However, do not let the fightback mislead you. We still conceeded four goals to a team that typically doesn't score many. We were 3-0 down within about 15 minutes. We can play nice football all we like but unless it is combined with an ability to defend it's a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom