Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Atmosphere

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
18600ish

Norwich - poor following, no wonder on tv and tickets £30

Dalrymple - your first big test and your comments from the fans parliament didn't impress me

We need to take action, full stop

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bit rich from some people criticising our support when you sit there with your hands in your pockets or don't even go. Shape up or ship out. When I got home last night the first question from my girlfriend was "how was it?" to which I replied "we had a go but they were simply too good for us, best part of the day was our fans." "Well, you have got brilliant fans." This from a Man Utd fan.

S

Staten Island Wolf

With 25k in the Mol and a bit of success the place will rock

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Molineux is always more rocking when a wolves player gets sent off or we go a goal down, as long as it looks like there is some way back.
Late kick off defo helps with the extra 4 hours in the pub :)

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to the north bank.I never slag that end off.it used to be my home in the 70s,and one reason I enjoyed going to the matches.South bank were awesome again.Well done lads./ lasses.and yoof :D

R

reanswolf

The Molineux is always more rocking when a wolves player gets sent off or we go a goal down, as long as it looks like there is some way back.
Late kick off defo helps with the extra 4 hours in the pub :)

Yep, I think that last factor was critical yesterday.:D

D

Deleted member 4257

To the people moaning about the atmosphere who watched it on TV.
Either get down molineux and do your bit or shut up.
What does the Southbank sound like in other stands?
It sounds loud in the middle but when speaking to others in other stands they say its quiet.
I saw Norwich fans jumping and waving arms but no noise

R

reanswolf

Sometimes, in some games its quiet when just S1 section of South Bank are singing, but from BW upper (South Bank end) yesterday everyone was singing and it was genuinely deafening at times. Loudest I recall in a long time.

But the further you move away towards the middle of the BW inevitably the quieter it gets. And from the NB it just doesn't sound as good, but couldn't tell you if that was the case yesterday or not.

For years I have craved getting Molineux like it used to be - hemmed in. I really hope a new Steve Bull stand is done, because it will transform the noise the players and fans hear and feel. The most intimidating grounds are undoubtedly those that are close to the pitch.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are definitely more new singers in SL3 behind me.they started a few songs yesterday.with no edge there either.so that looks promising.:D

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The noise and support mainly I have to say from the South Bank yesterday is what makes players want to be at Wolves.
Watch the interview with Nouha, to say he was overwhelmed by his reception is an understatement, the guy was almost in tears. Superb support lads, well done. If this doesn't fire him back to be at his best nothing will. This lad has gone through a traumatic year and that support will have made his dedication and hard work well worth it. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that that reception may have determined his attitude for the rest of his career at Wolves.
If he gets back to his former self and I'm certain he will, our fans should take just as much credit as the medical staff. You have given him so much encouragement.

Top fans one and all, they were there today just at the very moment when they were needed.

Very proud today, just need to get the team playing as one now and we are made.

Also, to be fair the North Bank are certainly showing signs of what they can do. I've never heard "The North Bank" chanted so loud as today.
Spot on and very well said

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately since the north bank was redeveloped, it has totally lost the atmosphere within.
I sit in the Steve Bull upper near the middle and can safely say the only noise comes from the south bank

S

Staten Island Wolf

For a small crowd the noise on telly was impressive. Dalrymple will be backed by Jeff Shi to fill the stadium. A radical departure from failing pricing should be taken now. A tenner a ticket now.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To the people moaning about the atmosphere who watched it on TV.
Either get down molineux and do your bit or shut up.
It sounds loud in the middle but when speaking to others in other stands they say its quiet.
I saw Norwich fans jumping and waving arms but no noise
The south bank was fantastic yesterday, non stop and loud, absolutely brilliant, anybody who says different was either not at the game, deaf or had the volume down low on the TV instead of being at the match.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
18600ish

Norwich - poor following, no wonder on tv and tickets £30

Dalrymple - your first big test and your comments from the fans parliament didn't impress me

We need to take action, full stop
Dalrymple doesn't care - sounds like Moxey's apprentice to me.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One chant from the NB all game. Truth is the other 13k could bugger off and the atmosphere would be the same.
Maybe the people in other stands moaning about singing about Moxey (which was pretty half-hearted) could try to drown us out?
Stop critising the fans who were at the ground but not as vocal as fans in the south bank, the people who can be criticised are the ones that sat at home watching it on TV instead of being at the match

D

Deleted member 3518

The noise and support mainly I have to say from the South Bank yesterday is what makes players want to be at Wolves.
Watch the interview with Nouha, to say he was overwhelmed by his reception is an understatement, the guy was almost in tears. Superb support lads, well done. If this doesn't fire him back to be at his best nothing will. This lad has gone through a traumatic year and that support will have made his dedication and hard work well worth it. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that that reception may have determined his attitude for the rest of his career at Wolves.
If he gets back to his former self and I'm certain he will, our fans should take just as much credit as the medical staff. You have given him so much encouragement.

Top fans one and all, they were there today just at the very moment when they were needed.

Also, to be fair the North Bank are certainly showing signs of what they can do. I've never heard "The North Bank" chanted so loud as today.

Brilliant post, support from the South Bank was brilliant!!

D

Deleted member 3518

Stop critising the fans who were at the ground but not as vocal as fans in the south bank, the people who can be criticised are the ones that sat at home watching it on TV instead of being at the match

Unfortunately, the TV fans are often the most vociferous!:mad:

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that the atmosphere created- OK mostly by South Bank as ever was pretty darn good especially considering the poor performance in the first half and that we were chasing the game from minute 2!! The chanting for Nouha was outstanding and his presence plus the crowd gave us some impetus for about first time in the match. Like many on here i hate these live televised games at silly kick off times. I also think fair play and total respect to those who made the extremely long and tedious journey from Norwich in those circumstances -and having already had to schlepp up to Newcastle only three days previous. No considering the attendance i think the crowd noise was pretty good.

R

reanswolf

Numerically I thought Norwich's support was ok, but aside that stupid anthem "Play up City" I didn't hear any other song. They sang that about 10 times.

Oh yes and I also heard "you're grounds too big for you" which sadly is perfectly true at present.

D

Deleted member 4023

Numerically I thought Norwich's support was ok, but aside that stupid anthem "Play up City" I didn't hear any other song. They sang that about 10 times.

Oh yes and I also heard "you're grounds too big for you" which sadly is perfectly true at present.
TBF Reans, - I think if we'd have been winning, we'd have sung the Zenga song almost non stop

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Bit rich from some people criticising our support when you sit there with your hands in your pockets or don't even go. Shape up or ship out. When I got home last night the first question from my girlfriend was "how was it?" to which I replied "we had a go but they were simply too good for us, best part of the day was our fans." "Well, you have got brilliant fans." This from a Man Utd fan.

This, as the saying goes, in spades!

E

Edgmond Wolf

Good to hear this, and good to hear about the North Bank, let's hope they keep it up

E

Edgmond Wolf

I love these dick measuring threads about singing between the two stands. The South Bank with their young ruffians and adults that have never quite grown up can sing all they want about insignificant things, but they won't bring us the 3 points that we all really care about. I've said it time and again, if the team give us something to sing about then we'll sing.The teams performance is the most important thing, singing is a bye product of it.
Disagree sometimes the singing gets the lads going

E

Edgmond Wolf

There are definitely more new singers in SL3 behind me.they started a few songs yesterday.with no edge there either.so that looks promising.:D
I am bloody missing the Leeds match too but when I am back you will hear me

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love these dick measuring threads about singing between the two stands. The South Bank with their young ruffians and adults that have never quite grown up can sing all they want about insignificant things, but they won't bring us the 3 points that we all really care about. I've said it time and again, if the team give us something to sing about then we'll sing.The teams performance is the most important thing, singing is a bye product of it.
I still prefer to see myself of a supporter of a club rather than a customer of a business even if we aren't in reality. So I can accept where your coming from but I'd still much prefer our ground to be filled with those who share the supporter mindset.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
The south bank was fantastic yesterday, non stop and loud, absolutely brilliant, anybody who says different was either not at the game, deaf or had the volume down low on the TV instead of being at the match.
This. Just to add from my armchair..

The atmosphere and singing from the South Bank came over very loud on the telly, particularly during the second half pressure.

First time in a while, I have heard the crowd roar when the ball went out for a Wolves corner.

R

reanswolf

Absolutely, it went beserk just then, my lad at that point said "it will go absolutely mental if we score now".

Of course, being our beloved Wolves, we didnt:D

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
For the Leeds game, I shall be in the North Bank for the first time in many years.

The last time was in Sir Jacks rebuilt North Bank, the Ipswich FAC match when we drew 1-1 in 1994.

Anyway, I plan to check out the atmosphere from the top tier.. and try out the view.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like to go in NB upper front row near the quadrant where possible as not a STH. I`ll be there Leeds game, my 4th game to date. Leeds usually sell out, but they probably wont put any Leeds in the quadrant. Last time away fans were in there (Sheff Weds) the atmosphere was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom