Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

At what point are we in a title race?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we are not now and at no time this season will we be in a title race….the gap between wolves and the contenders continues to be enormous and maintained by the large difference in revenue.

last season city got 93 points and wolves 51. At one point it looked possible we could get 60 but we were never close to a title race.
the target for a great season would be 60 points and 7 th….forget about the big six.

now everybody , even the eccentrics on this board know that is true so let’s target 60 as excellent and 50 as meets expectations.
Quite pessimistic there Smithy. If we do get a cf I think I would be disappointed with 50 points and content with 60. My target would be 65, maybe slightly more if we are lucky with injuries.

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
If we get a good striker would be nice to be challenging for 6th, but this league isn't easy so could easily end up down the bottom with an injury or 2.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People do realise this thread is two years old and originally pre Raúl injury??!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we are not now and at no time this season will we be in a title race….the gap between wolves and the contenders continues to be enormous and maintained by the large difference in revenue.

last season city got 93 points and wolves 51. At one point it looked possible we could get 60 but we were never close to a title race.
the target for a great season would be 60 points and 7 th….forget about the big six.

now everybody , even the eccentrics on this board know that is true so let’s target 60 as excellent and 50 as meets expectations.
1660851361366.png

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s unlikely to happen until we win a game.
If we haven’t won a game by 3rd September it’s probable we will have the turmoil of a new manager.
If we beat Spurs convincingly on Saturday we will finish above them!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only time we would be in a title race is if we were 4 points clear with only one set of fixtures left.

I still thought we were going to bottle it when we were 3 nil up in the play off final!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Threads that are inactive for 6 months should probably be auto-locked. There was no need to bump this one.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I crawl up my on ******** even seeing this thread title again.
Its embarrassing isn't it. We are light years behind the top teams. Leicester was a perfect storm freak occurrence of the top teams being rubbish and them having a near perfect season.
City and liverpool (and Chelsea and spurs) have strong squads. We still have a very shallow squad.
Everyone needs to calm down

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably never.

I don't think you can build up a top six squad, then top four squad before the dirty six step in and cherry pick your best players.

If Nunes and Neves do well next season City will be in for Nunes and Neves will be off to Barcelona. OK we may have £160m to play with but you have to find world class players to start the process over again.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why has this been dragged up? It was relevant to a time and place.

Also why the need for self flagellation on here by some?

So fans got excited and starting to dream… isn’t that what football is for?? Isn’t that what we want?

Oh no some people on a rival forum might think we’re silly, boo ****ing hoo.

**** off!

We must never dream we can crack the almighty sky 6s cartel, it’s not allowed…

Pathetic, small minded and lacking in ambition…

DREAMING IS FOR FREE.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably never.

I don't think you can build up a top six squad, then top four squad before the dirty six step in and cherry pick your best players.

If Nunes and Neves do well next season City will be in for Nunes and Neves will be off to Barcelona. OK we may have £160m to play with but you have to find world class players to start the process over again.
Probably best we just sell them now and give up then eh? Best ring Jeff he might not realise.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Why has this been dragged up? It was relevant to a time and place.

Also why the need for self flagellation on here by some?

So fans got excited and starting to dream… isn’t that what football is for?? Isn’t that what we want?

Oh no some people on a rival forum might think we’re silly, boo ****ing hoo.

**** off!

We must never dream we can crack the almighty sky 6s cartel, it’s not allowed…

Pathetic, small minded and lacking in ambition…

DREAMING IS FOR FREE.
It was never remotely relevant tbf

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
We have made some great signings with more to come but let’s not get carried with this crazy thread there are no guarentees that we will stay up we have the players but now we have to earn the right to be called a good team by scoring more goals

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, technically, we’re in a title race now.
Let’s revisit after 10 games shall we?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still get stick about that to this day. Apparently I said "it's not over yet" about 5 minutes before the end.

Title race? Avoiding relegation is a good season to me.
Staying up would have been my target had we not signed anyone, however I'm aiming higher now. I think given that we're implementing a new system and bedding in maybe four players, then comfortably mid table is acceptable, with a push for Europe next season.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WE are not nor ever have been in the title race, mainly because we are restricted due to FFP, as Newcastle are finding out, and Leicester appear to have found out this season, FFP protects the haves and hinders the wannabees, hence Juventus, the Milans, Real and Barca plus our Sky 6 will continue to dominate for the forseeable future.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
e
I’m not saying we are because it’s too early but the way the season has started the question is at what point would you consider us to be in a title race if we carry on winning games and staying within 3-6 points from the top? Would it be 15 games in? 20? or 4 points clear with a game to go!
I wonder when Leicester fans woke up to the fact they were in one
Everyones in it til they're not

wolveslegend

Groupie
Reaction score
wolves sign 3 players and title talk is here, we haven't won't a game for what adds up to quarter of a season, we have no striker and the defence is a work in progress (currently). This talk is what makes us tinpot . let's see it for what it currently is .

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably best we just sell them now and give up then eh? Best ring Jeff he might not realise.

I said 'probably' and given there has only been one Leicester type premier league win in got knows how long, I don't think it's unreasonable to say statistics suggest in all probability we may never be in a title race.

But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't try.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Fo
WE are not nor ever have been in the title race, mainly because we are restricted due to FFP, as Newcastle are finding out, and Leicester appear to have found out this season, FFP protects the haves and hinders the wannabees, hence Juventus, the Milans, Real and Barca plus our Sky 6 will continue to dominate for the forseeable future.
Fosun would have needed to loan us100M a year at least to even crack the top 6 consistently

D

Deleted member (smith)

This must be the daftest thread of all time showing that some posters are completely out of touch with reality…the last time we were in a title race was 1960 ….

D

Deleted member (smith)

A better thread might be at what point are we in a relegation scrap?
Indeed….Wolves will not be top six but of the other 14 spots it would be very nice to get close to 60 points. The first issue though is 40 points and seeing three teams lose touch. Only three teams without a win but that will change ….will Bournemouth, Fulham and forest fade away?

Last edited by a moderator:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed….Wolves will not be top six but of the other 14 spots it would be very nice to get close to 60 points. The first issue though is 40 points and seeing three teams lose touch. Only three teams without a win but that will change ….will Bournemouth, Fulham and forest fade away?
This hasn't aged very well.

Back
Top Bottom