Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

At what point are we in a title race?

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not saying we are because it’s too early but the way the season has started the question is at what point would you consider us to be in a title race if we carry on winning games and staying within 3-6 points from the top? Would it be 15 games in? 20? or 4 points clear with a game to go!
I wonder when Leicester fans woke up to the fact they were in one

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worked with plenty of Leicester fans at that time. Many were convinced just after Christmas.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given that a lot of our fans were saying Everton and Villa were in it a few weeks ago, we must be too now!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha! Have to laugh as I had the exact same thought earlier today, looking at the league table. And then instantly dismissed it as it's too scary to even contemplate. :)

I'll say this though. We have a set of players good enough for top 6, 100% sure of that. If we can get the very best out of all them, of course. And with a bit of luck, maybe 5th or 4th.

Nuno has the right idea though. Don't look at the league table and don't even worry too much about results at the moment, just keep the performances improving.

R

reanswolf

If we can continue to perform in midfield as we did last night, we can certainly contend with any in the top 6.
If we revert to the standard of previous games in midfield, a small outside chance.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steady on after Newcastle there was doom in here, let’s just keep gaining points and worry where we are in March at best

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your always in it until the maths say no
I will also say we are still in the relegation race as well

Reactions: Ian

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As our captain Conor Coady said post match interview last night and echoing Nuno and Raul previously..

We NEVER set ourselves targets for the season. We just go game by game and try to improve all the time!

Lycaon

Reaction score
As our captain Conor Coady said post match interview last night and echoing Nuno and Raul previously..

We NEVER set ourselves targets for the season. We just go game by game and try to improve all the time!
I’m sure our owners would begger to disagree!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotta love the mix. A week ago it was ‘abandon hope we’re doomed!’ And Nuno had lost the plot and Fosun had stopped caring.
A week later we’re in the hunt for the title!

Well let me be the first to say...

WE’RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!!!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can continue to perform in midfield as we did last night, we can certainly contend with any in the top 6.
If we revert to the standard of previous games in midfield, a small outside chance.
Well said....
this sums it up in a nutshell.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We aren't in a title race and never will be this season, you need to score goals to win the league.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll never have a better chance. Liverpool vulnerable, City far from invincible. The rest no better than us. Go for it. Stranger things have happened. Ipswich won it in the 60s under Alf Ramsey, Forest in 78 under Cloughie when no-one gave them a chance. Both had inspirational managers, there's the potential link.

Benny78

Reaction score
Leading to end of year we have

Leicester
Southampton
Arsenal
Liverpool
Villa
Chelsea
Burnley
Tottenham
ManU

Forget the title race and enjoy the journey. Our players need to gel and so many are finding their feet and simply becoming familiar with the country and English game. I think the next run games will be tough and result in some here complaining about our recruitment once more.

How many points could we pick up from these games, we don’t seem to get the results against the big six that we once did and have picked up most of our points against weaker sides.

I hope to see our young players become comfortable and start to gel and get game time. If we compete well and play some quality football to the new year I’ll be happy regardless of league position.

Go Wolves!

Oroboros

Groupie
Reaction score
Get to 40 points. Celebrate. Beat last year’s points total. Celebrate. Then think of top 6 and titles but always look one step at a time. (However, feel free to dream).

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No chance - I still think that being in the top half this year will be an achievement as long as progress is made in terms of developing the young players, the new way of playing and then further developing the squad for a big push next season.

That being said, we have only played well for about 120 minutes this season so far and we are ahead of Chelsea!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's concentrate on Leicester. Because if we havnt had 20 shots in the first half folk will be shouting relegation fodder.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next season. Absolutely convinced about that.

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Haha is this a joke? We draw against Newcastle it’s all doom and gloom then we win and we are title challengers?

Back
Top Bottom