Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

At this rate we’re DOOMED!

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not a normal league this year, there’s a good chance 5 teams won’t have more points than that after 10 games.

As bad as we were today they hit the post first half and got a very dodgy pen to equalise, they didn’t show anything that says they can get consistent points, neither are Burnley, Sheff U have more fight in them but lack quality. Bournemouth haven’t won a game, Everton have only just got their 1st win. Brentford are playing without a striker for half the season. It’s mad to think we’re doomed at this stage with all that happening
I agree it's not a normal league. Already looks like 3 leagues within 1. It will be so embarrassing to go down in this scenario, criminal to be honest.
Teams have stayed up with as little as 34 points but early signs are it could be even less with only 2 points required at this stage to be out the bottom 3.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fortunately on this basis a number of others are even more doomed!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our squad is mid table then for god’s sake can they please play like that instead of like a bottom of the table championship side.
What I saw today was a lousy performance from the Wolves players…..not Gary, or Jeff or Fosun or Guo.
The players constantly get basic stuff wrong.
How are you not seeing that the tactics, strategy and movement patterns of play with or without the that are set by GO are a major contributor in the issues we face?

GO is setting them up to fail with his lack of football IQ, even Rob Edwards exposed him today and he hasn’t got the greatest amount of managerial experience.

The lads were forced to play with bad tactics against a well drilled and disciplined team that had a far better game plan.

They aren’t helping themselves, but the set up for them to play in and within on game day is technically So far below average and their opponents that they are struggling more than they have to.

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sometimes I think people on here are so blinkered. 4 points makes us doomed? There’s a load of teams who’ve only got 1 so far.

We were rubbish today, but it doesn’t mean we’re getting relegated. Jeez people need to chill out
Yes, but we were rubbish against the rubbishest team in the league...

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm really struggling to see where we will pick up three points again. Never wanted 0'Neil but have absolutely zero faith in the idiots at the top who have systematically destroyed any capital they had with me this season

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our squad is mid table then for god’s sake can they please play like that instead of like a bottom of the table championship side.
What I saw today was a lousy performance from the Wolves players…..not Gary, or Jeff or Fosun or Guo.
The players constantly get basic stuff wrong.
Last time l looked the players didn't select the team, set the formation and tactics, make substitutions etc.....

Meanwhile the apologists, some a very long way away, carry right on ...

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last time l looked the players didn't select the team, set the formation and tactics, make substitutions etc.....

There's literally nothing that some won't excuse!
How bad does it have to get before reality hits home?!!!
Fosun are ****ing you and your beloved club over, meanwhile, you find ways to justify it!

That last statement wasn't aimed at you WW, I'm pretty sure we're singing from the same hymn sheet!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All I’m saying is that maybe the players should share some of the blame.

BTW, who are the apologists?………..Are you mistaking Mixers having a different opinion than you as apologists or something?

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are you not seeing that the tactics, strategy and movement patterns of play with or without the that are set by GO are a major contributor in the issues we face?

GO is setting them up to fail with his lack of football IQ, even Rob Edwards exposed him today and he hasn’t got the greatest amount of managerial experience.

The lads were forced to play with bad tactics against a well drilled and disciplined team that had a far better game plan.

They aren’t helping themselves, but the set up for them to play in and within on game day is technically So far below average and their opponents that they are struggling more than they have to.
All I’m saying is that the players are not entirely blameless.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly grim right now and hard to know where the wins start to come. Next few games are tough as well.

With such a risky appointment to follow on from what was a very good manager there was absolutely no honeymoon period which is unfortunate for GON, but at the same time, we do look a haphazard mess.

Why are we not seeing Sasa by now?
Why is Semedo still getting picked. Even useless Luton were fully clued in to attacking that side knowing how hopeless he is?
Why does RAN looked afraid to play his game these days?
Why is our discipline a mess?
Why are we basically without a captain ffs????

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is true but at the same time, they have gone from Lopetegui to GON. Can't imagine they are impressed with the transition from professional to half *****.
Totally agree.
Think about it……the players must have lost any faith they had in Lage ( and by extension, maybe Wolves).
However Jeff lands JL and that must have been a huge lift to the squad.
And then , a few days before the season starts, JL bails……regardless of the reason, to the squad, it must have seen like one step forward and two back ……..

………….and then Gary replaces JL.

I feel for the players. Here they go again, another battle to avoid relegation and the possibility of a 4th coach in about a year.
Overall…a lousy situation.

Gold Blood

Groupie
Reaction score
What worried me was the performance in the first 25 mins and that oneil said he was very surprised how bad the team were even after he had drilled his gameplan into them all week and set the team up accordingly. The guy has no presence or authority about him and i think the players couldn't care less about what he says.

Franski

Reaction score
Certainly grim right now and hard to know where the wins start to come. Next few games are tough as well.

With such a risky appointment to follow on from what was a very good manager there was absolutely no honeymoon period which is unfortunate for GON, but at the same time, we do look a haphazard mess.

Why are we not seeing Sasa by now?
Why is Semedo still getting picked. Even useless Luton were fully clued in to attacking that side knowing how hopeless he is?
Why does RAN looked afraid to play his game these days?
Why is our discipline a mess?
Why are we basically without a captain ffs????
Why does he play Neto on the right?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What worried me was the performance in the first 25 mins and that oneil said he was very surprised how bad the team were even after he had drilled his gameplan into them all week and set the team up accordingly. The guy has no presence or authority about him and i think the players couldn't care less about what he says.
So he actually has a gameplan? I think he is I great danger of coaching any spark of creativity out of the side.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Of the next six league fixtures imo we might add another two points… Hope I’m wrong and it’s more like six…
Hmmmm…

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I genuinely missing something? Everton have the same points as us, Bournemouth haven’t won a game and are below us. How are they suddenly ok and we’re not? 2 proper refereeing decisions and we’re on 7 points and 10th with a new manager still bedding in new players.
If you're jumping on other people for overstating how bad our situation is, look at your own statement. With proper refereeing decisions we would have had a penalty at Utd and not conceded one at Luton. All you can say is that, on average, we would have had a 70% chance of converting the penalty at Utd, and in the other case we would not have conceded a goal from a penalty in the 65th minute, but with half an hour still left. Who knows what would have happened in either case? There is no such thing as a certainty in a hypothetical world.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Win your home games against the bottom 10 and draw against them away and you get 40 points. We're actually 1 point up. But seriously it's far too early in the season for all this doom and gloom, hardly cut adrift are we

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Win your home games against the bottom 10 and draw against them away and you get 40 points. We're actually 1 point up. But seriously it's far too early in the season for all this doom and gloom, hardly cut adrift are we
Wolves v man citeh
Wolves v vile
Bournemouth v Wolves
Wolves v newcastle
Sheff utd v Wolves
Wolves v spuds

We will be cut adrift after these next games

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
Still think we will get enough points to stay up so don't think we're doomed.

GON has proven in this league he can get teams to dig in and get results and I'm sure the confidence will come flooding back when we get our next 3 points.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
We only need to win 12 games

11 required
Exactly.

Of the next six I can see us beating Villa, Bournemouth and Sheff Utd.

Villa we beat at home last season and the fans will be up for that one. We can do it again.

GON will have a point to prove vs Bournemouth and will know how to beat them.

Think we'd beat Sheff Utd quite comfortably.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves v man citeh
Wolves v vile
Bournemouth v Wolves
Wolves v newcastle
Sheff utd v Wolves
Wolves v spuds

We will be cut adrift after these next games
And if we are then start the doom and gloom but maybe we won't be

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.

Villa we beat at home last season and the fans will be up for that one. We can do it again.

Emery is a class manager. We have GON... Enough said.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
I predict two.
Well let's check back afterwards and see how we did.

Two seems a very negative prediction. I think some people have been left demoralised by defeats against 3 of the European qualifiers from last season.

The gulf between us and them is massive.

Our battle will be vs the likes of Bournemouth, Sheff Utd's of this world.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter.

We might stay up this season because there are two of the weakest sides in Premier League history (budget wise) in the league. So, we may be playing for one spot - although I'm by no means certain on that, and I'm not saying we're better than Sheff U or Luton.

But, that changes completely if we do stay up, as there's the likelihood that Leeds and Leicester return, who will be competitive.

The only saving grace is that it buys us more time. But, the way we're run means relegation is inevitable. How can you enjoy that as a fan?

I'm just hoping every day to read that we're in talks for a takeover...

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
Emery is a class manager. We have GON... Enough said.
Agree with the first bit but every manager has to start somewhere.

Let's give GON the chance to prove himself with us and not write him off before he has had a fair crack at the whip..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well let's check back afterwards and see how we did.

Two seems a very negative prediction. I think some people have been left demoralised by defeats against 3 of the European qualifiers from last season.

The gulf between us and them is massive.

Our battle will be vs the likes of Bournemouth, Sheff Utd's of this world.
The very fact that Pinnochio, Hobbs et al only aspired to a successful relegation fight this season is sufficient reason for them all to go. From genuine European contenders to this crap in one summer. Vinny's bs rings very hollow now.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter.

We might stay up this season because there are two of the weakest sides in Premier League history (budget wise) in the league. So, we may be playing for one spot - although I'm by no means certain on that, and I'm not saying we're better than Sheff U or Luton.

But, that changes completely if we do stay up, as there's the likelihood that Leeds and Leicester return, who will be competitive.

The only saving grace is that it buys us more time. But, the way we're run means relegation is inevitable. How can you enjoy that as a fan?

I'm just hoping every day to read that we're in talks for a takeover...
I have criticised you in the past but it increasingly feels that way. We are close to, if not already in, a death spiral.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had the extra 4 points we should have from var how would people be feeling about the season?

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Exactly.

Man City couldn't beat Sheff Utd comfortably, and if we come away from Bournemouth with a point, we'd have done well.

Back
Top Bottom