Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aston Villa RIP

• Thread starter Deleted member 7862Bler
  • Start date

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
PS: Only Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus spent more money than Aston Villa in preparing for this season.

Did Smith sign no players with Premier experience? Or is he saying that he nurtured them into Premier League players?

Either way, he's deluded.

Is it right that they had the third or fourth lowest wage bill this season?

D

Deleted member 3545

Two, rather than one, relegation candidates is hardly going to look positive! If we miss out on top 6/7 because of those local derbies you are so keen on will you still have the same view?
if my aunt had a **** she be my uncle. its all a case if ifs this season Wolves lost to Watford if they had beat them it would of been a different story

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it right that they had the third or fourth lowest wage bill this season?
I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case. I'd imagine Grealish is on around £60k and McGinn/Mings £40k - with the rest on an average of £12k a week.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actual figures:

Tom Heaton - (£2.184m/£42k)
Henri Lansbury - (£2.08m/£40k)
Jack Grealish - (£1.82m/£35k)
Jonathan Kodija - (£1.82m/£35k)
Matt Targett - (£1.82m/£35k)
Neil Taylor - (£1.664m/£32k)
Anwar El Ghazi - (£1.61m/£30.9k)
James Chester - (£1.56m/£30k)
Conor Hourihane - (£1.56m/£30k)
Ahmed Elmohamady - (£1.3m/£25k)
Jota - (£1.3m/£25k)
John McGinn - (£1.3m/£25k)
Tyrone Mings - (£1.3m/£25k)
Orjan Nyland - (£1.04m/£20k)
Scott Hogan - (£910k guaranteed salary) - on loan at Stoke City
Lovre Kalinic - (£817k/£15.7k)
James Bree - (£520k guaranteed salary) - on loan at Luton Town
Kortney Hause - (£416k/£8k)
Ezri Konsa - (£416k/£8k)
Jed Steer - (£416k/£8k)
Andre Green - (£312k guaranteed salary) - on loan at Charlton Athletic
Keinan Davis - (£260k/£5k)
Total wage bill - (£25.983m/£499.67k)
No data for: Bjorn Engels, Frederic Guilbert, Trezeguet, Douglas Luiz, Wesley, Marvelous Nakamba, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy.

|

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said at the start, this thread was doomed, it was a hostage to fortune!!!

There was a touch of Mark Magoo about it, saying the wrong thing at the wrong time..the kind of thread to be figuratively pinned on the Villa dressing room wall!!

Not so much egg on chips as egg on faces...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case. I'd imagine Grealish is on around £60k and McGinn/Mings £40k - with the rest on an average of £12k a week.

There were reports that Greasie was on £50k/week in 2018 when he signed a new five year deal and that a promotion clause doubled that. McGinn and Mings are reportedly on £1.3M contracts, surprisingly only £25k/week. I imagine Heaton is on decent money, certainly more than £12k/week.

Edited to add:

Just found this. Not sure, given that it calls Villa a London club, just how credible it is, lol...

Last edited:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There was a touch of Mark Magoo about it, saying the wrong thing at the wrong time..the kind of thread to be figuratively pinned on the Villa dressing room wall!!

Oooh when do you get the smuggest post of the year trophy? :)

Was fun whilst it lasted, isn't that what footballs about?

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You’ve issued an invitation to about 50,000 Villa fans to laugh at us .... yes, great fun !!

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve issued an invitation to about 50,000 Villa fans to laugh at us .... yes, great fun !!
So what?? Not really anything to shout about spending £140m to finish a point ahead of the drop ?
we finished absolute country miles in front of them, yet they were going to do this and that to us, football fans eh!

R

reanswolf

I just don't get the fixation with them.

I really don't care about Villa and most Villa fans don't care about Wolves............much.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Precisely. None of it is important. We've had all season laughing at them and five minutes of 'oh well - such is football' and the detractors have had all season being miserable and are still miserable.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And a nice chunk of money in my bank account :) Thanks Villa

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ungrateful swines have sacked the man who brought Premier League title-winner Danny Drinkwater to the club #delusionsofgrandeur

PS Please change the thread title to Aston Villa (not dead, just resting)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ungrateful swines have sacked the man who brought Premier League title-winner Danny Drinkwater to the club #delusionsofgrandeur

PS Please change the thread title to Aston Villa (not dead, just resting)
Not to mention World Cup and European Championship winner Pepe Reina... lol

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The longer this thread continues the more it reads as though we are terrified that Villa could be considered a rival or able to catch us in the future. Obsessing over what they spent is pointless.

They are where they are and we are where we are. Turns out its the same place but we've been doing better these past few years. Not even a real rivalry.

Bring on the Baggies for a real rivalry. And yes I'm glad they got promoted because what's the point of a rivalry that never plays out? I'm looking forward to destroying them twice on their way down where they can stay again for a few years. Like I said I'm glad they got promoted but I don't want them staying here!! Just want to experience a real Derby again if covid allows.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ATM it feels like a unilateral rivalry, never a good look, and that we’re punching down. We can afford to be a bit more Nuno-like. WWND? More juice than some other fixtures but they don’t get any real estate in our heads. We’re a counterattacking team, right? Come at us, we’re not about the chase.

The made-for-tv derby is for Villa to push because WBA’s dipping into the prem for a sec next season, leaving Villa without a meaningful fixture until they run out of time and points. Wolves v Villa will be chicken noodle soup games on Sundays while we’re recovering from late Thursday triumphs.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa have appointed Johan Lange as their new Sporting director. If that name sounds familiar he was our assistant under Solbakken!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa have appointed Johan Lange as their new Sporting director. If that name sounds familiar he was our assistant under Solbakken!

His football knowledge is quite good. I doubt his abilities when it comes to scouting and networking though. I know Copenhagen prides themselves in having successfully bought and sold on lots of players with profits in recent years, which is through. However there has also been a bit of hit and miss in some windows
Also it's difficult to see how good he actually is at building a solid structure as Solbakken has been the main man at Copenhagen for years.
So it's a huge unknown for me. He knows his football, but does he have the network or the organisational skills for a club the size of Villa? Also, there's a massive difference between the pool of players Copenhagen looks at and those a team looking to establish themselves in the PL would look at.
I also see some Villa fans think he's very good at finding young players. That's simply not true. He uses to be a youth coach and a good one by the way, but Copenhagen mainly sought to buy players for their first team, leaving development to other teams

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His football knowledge is quite good. I doubt his abilities when it comes to scouting and networking though. I know Copenhagen prides themselves in having successfully bought and sold on lots of players with profits in recent years, which is through. However there has also been a bit of hit and miss in some windows
Also it's difficult to see how good he actually is at building a solid structure as Solbakken has been the main man at Copenhagen for years.
So it's a huge unknown for me. He knows his football, but does he have the network or the organisational skills for a club the size of Villa? Also, there's a massive difference between the pool of players Copenhagen looks at and those a team looking to establish themselves in the PL would look at.
I also see some Villa fans think he's very good at finding young players. That's simply not true. He uses to be a youth coach and a good one by the way, but Copenhagen mainly sought to buy players for their first team, leaving development to other teams

I went to school with a guy called Danish. As in Dan-ish.

With this insight of football in Denmark, it's just twigged that you are not an Indian guy called Danish, but are from or live in Denmark.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he will be concentrating on players who can pass the ball five yards sideways and backwards for an hour without getting anywhere. He will also be focusing on zonal markers at the back.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the **** you lot on about. Villa won the league didn't they? Didn't you see there dressing room celebration after game?
And that Jackie Greasy a superstar as demanding 80 mill.
Kourtney Hause still play there?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be fascinating, if he does get the job, to see how he does. Some Wolves fans could yet end up with egg on their face.

I doubt he'd do a very good job. He hasn't really developed tactically in recent years and lots of Copenhagen fans wouldn't be unhappy to see the back of him, despite legendary status due to his obvious achievements here. Copenhagen will always compete, because he's not a bad manager and theyve strong financial muscles, but they are very one-dimensional tactically.
And even if he does have the required skills in his locker, I'm yet to be convinced that he can get his ideas across in a totalt different footballing environment.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt he'd do a very good job. He hasn't really developed tactically in recent years and lots of Copenhagen fans wouldn't be unhappy to see the back of him, despite legendary status due to his obvious achievements here. Copenhagen will always compete, because he's not a bad manager and theyve strong financial muscles, but they are very one-dimensional tactically.
And even if he does have the required skills in his locker, I'm yet to be convinced that he can get his ideas across in a totalt different footballing environment.
Thanks for the considered response from someone in a position to know.

Back
Top Bottom