Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

AST/Away support

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we put that in the bin please.

Luckily managed to get a ticket due to someone having a bost hand but by a country mile the worst ‘support’ I’ve ever known following us.

Couldn’t even get a song going.
The players have to also give you something to get behind. That place is a hard one when so few to get something going without inspiration

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score

Luckily managed to get a ticket due to someone having a bost hand but by a country mile the worst ‘support’ I’ve ever known following us.

I heard ‘Wolverhampton Wanderers’ non stop for 10 minutes. Does that count?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The players have to also give you something to get behind. That place is a hard one when so few to get something going without inspiration
Was fine there back under Solbakken and we lost, AST size allocations and the support is poor. Sorry but seen it too many times over the last 10 years.

Scrap it.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Comms said they didn't hear anything until we scored. Also a bit surprised to read someone on here saying it was their first away game of the season. I don't like the system.

However the lack of noise today was understandable and this is definitely not the time to be dividing the fan base against itself.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Comms said they didn't hear anything until we scored. Also a bit surprised to read someone on here saying it was their first away game of the season. I don't like the system.

However the lack of noise today was understandable and this is definitely not the time to be dividing the fan base against itself.
I accept we’ve got fans all over the place and the PO final back in 03 our route was via London, because someone (on here) decided to book Disney in Paris the same weekend, was great to see Paddington gold and black but never heard so many ****ney accents in my life in the away end.

Fair play if they go every week but I doubt it, took those around us most the second half to realise Doc was on the left.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think we were any worse on my stream than the games at home when we can't get going against poor opposition, with 27k home fans

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How the **** do you come to that conclusion I thought the support today was very good and NO the AST should not be scrapped
I could give you a lot of reasons why but I might get accused of things

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I accept we’ve got fans all over the place and the PO final back in 03 our route was via London, because someone (on here) decided to book Disney in Paris the same weekend, was great to see Paddington gold and black but never heard so many ****ney accents in my life in the away end.

Fair play if they go every week but I doubt it, took those around us most the second half to realise Doc was on the left.
TBF It was booked in October and we had an absolutely dismal play off record. I rescued it in the end though.

Franski

Reaction score
I do not have an AST but do get to most away games as I have the points. I could not get tickets for Luton as only for ASTs. However I would not scrap the ASTs as the atmosphere at away games is so much better than at home as they usually support the team and sing even when things are not going well. The atmosphere at home is no longer a fortress and this will not help us when we need it.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
With a small allocation it was difficult to get going too much particularly with most of the play in our half.

At Man U away all you could hear was the Wolves fans..

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the away support sounded good on the tv yesterday. Wasnt much to shout about.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got a silver AST and even I didn’t get one today. Cest La Vie…

Think there’s only over a 1000 ASTs left. With no opportunity to join.

They’ve opened it up a bit more this season, not sure what more you want the club to do at the moment??

Getting away tickets this season barring yesterday and Bournemouth will be much much easier.

Plenty more things Wolves related to be annoyed about. This isn’t one of them.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
The debate on this is the same every time though.

I have every respect for people who were going to all the away games 6 or 7 years (or far longer) ago and continue to go week in, week out, people like @Ercall Wolves no doubt. They get understandably aggrieved about people who didn't and now want to be able to get tickets to games like Luton say scrap the AST.

Equally there are clearly a significant number of people who are getting these tickets and then selling them on to mates or random people, just to maintain the ability to pick and choose their games.

The points system that I rely on isn't even all that different. There's no way of checking if people relying on points are buying tickets and selling them on.

Nobody really has any solutions for these problems though. Going to points only doesn't stop selling on. Checking ID is probably the only way, but it's not practical apart from the other issues!

Just btw too, how is a club with 1000 away tickets getting away with keeping about 200 empty for segregation?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The debate on this is the same every time though.

I have every respect for people who were going to all the away games 6 or 7 years (or far longer) ago and continue to go week in, week out, people like @Ercall Wolves no doubt. They get understandably aggrieved about people who didn't and now want to be able to get tickets to games like Luton say scrap the AST.

Equally there are clearly a significant number of people who are getting these tickets and then selling them on to mates or random people, just to maintain the ability to pick and choose their games.

The points system that I rely on isn't even all that different. There's no way of checking if people relying on points are buying tickets and selling them on.

Nobody really has any solutions for these problems though. Going to points only doesn't stop selling on. Checking ID is probably the only way, but it's not practical apart from the other issues!

Just btw too, how is a club with 1000 away tickets getting away with keeping about 200 empty for segregation?
Yeah, to be fair in the away end yesterday was a lot of the same faces as always. There’s loads of people I see most weeks and I always smile and say hi, couldn’t tell you their names for toffee though. I do think there is a (very) small minority of AST tickets that get passed/sold on, but nowhere near as many as people seem to think.

I don’t really have a better solution than AST/Loyalty Points, and I think the ballot is a good thing.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not only ASTs who go to every away game week in week out for the last 7 years.

If they did they'd be on maximum points and at the front of the queue for tickets based on loyalty, I'd welcome a counter argument to this.

Last edited:

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
There isn’t really a right or wrong way regarding away ticket availability, it’s just the way football as gone.
Old duffers like me remember the days when you could wake up Saturday morning with a massive hangover, decide you fancied going to the game, make your way to the destination, pay your money and you were in. It was so much easier.
The people missing out are the ones who can’t commit to every game but are just as much a fan as anyone else, they would love to go to more away games but by the time they’ve realised they can make it, the game is a sell out,
Like I said at the beginning, it’s just the way it is, it’s not perfect but what is?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly having had an AST for 90% of the time, the natural outcome is an ageing support, time to abandon it IMHO.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
It's not only ASTs who go to every away game week in week out for the last 7 years.

If they did they'd be on maximum points and at the front of the queue for tickets based on loyalty, I'd welcome a counter argument to this.
Yes, I don't have a counter argument, maybe one of the ASTs will! I would like to expand the ballot, but that would be me screwed as I'm generally scraping in the crappiest seats on points.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If they did they'd be on maximum points and at the front of the queue for tickets based on loyalty, I'd welcome a counter argument to this

Hi Sedgley
I still believe the AST is fair for the majority of the ASTS
I’m a gold and haven’t missed a league game home and away for 12 seasons and then many more before that( only stating that make my point, please don’t accuse of me of being a super fan) and there are many many more gold and silver ASTS who have done the same
I take your point that we would still have the most amount of loyalty points because of going to every game but equally I have no doubt there are 1000 plus on top of ASTs who have maximum loyalty points, couple that with 5% of the allocation going to a ballot therefore resulting in a mad dash on the first day of away ticket sales with little guarantee of a ticket. This I think would them be unfair to AST holders who have been going to every away game for many many years including league one etc when for some games we didn’t sell out
Finally the same argument could be had for people on the maximum loyalty points purchasing tickets and then selling them on just to get said loyalty points
I know at least one person but there are probably a lot more who have purchased an Ipswich ticket but are not going so they get the loyalty points
As Jadewolf alluded to the other day I just don’t think there is the perfect system out there

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Hi Sedgley
I still believe the AST is fair for the majority of the ASTS
I’m a gold and haven’t missed a league game home and away for 12 seasons and then many more before that( only stating that make my point, please don’t accuse of me of being a super fan) and there are many many more gold and silver ASTS who have done the same
I take your point that we would still have the most amount of loyalty points because of going to every game but equally I have no doubt there are 1000 plus on top of ASTs who have maximum loyalty points, couple that with 5% of the allocation going to a ballot therefore resulting in a mad dash on the first day of away ticket sales with little guarantee of a ticket. This I think would them be unfair to AST holders who have been going to every away game for many many years including league one etc when for some games we didn’t sell out
Finally the same argument could be had for people on the maximum loyalty points purchasing tickets and then selling them on just to get said loyalty points
I know at least one person but there are probably a lot more who have purchased an Ipswich ticket but are not going so they get the loyalty points
As Jadewolf alluded to the other day I just don’t think there is the perfect system out there
I think this is fair enough.

I mean there won't be loads of people with max points, because people on points didn't get a ticket to Luton and won't get a ticket to Bournemouth. This is down to the random nature of fixture arrangements and who is in the league though.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went home & away for years but can’t afford an AST so I’m on not enough points to get an early pick & I’ve missed ballots for away games in the north where I live. Maybe I’ll get lucky

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly having had an AST for 90% of the time, the natural outcome is an ageing support, time to abandon it IMHO.
Its dying out anyway. If people give up there are no new ones. In a normal away game 2000 are not ASts. Just leave it alone i reckon

Back
Top Bottom