Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal (H)

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When's it getting moved to then?
Saturday 12:30
Saturday 17:30
Sunday 14:00
Sunday 16:30

With the title race starting to reach a crescendo by that point and Arsenal heavily involved, I can't see it not being moved. Having said that, looking at the fixture list that weekend the majority of the bottom 6 are playing each other. My money is on our match being in the 17:30 Saturday slot with one of the relegation clashes at 12:30,then another relegation clash being at 14:00 on the Sunday, and Liverpool vs Fulham being at16:30 on the Sunday

One thing's for sure, there's more chance of Ruben Neves playing for us again next season than there is of this staying at 3pm on a Saturday.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When's it getting moved to then?
Saturday 12:30
Saturday 17:30
Sunday 14:00
Sunday 16:30

With the title race starting to reach a crescendo by that point and Arsenal heavily involved, I can't see it not being moved. Having said that, looking at the fixture list that weekend the majority of the bottom 6 are playing each other. My money is on our match being in the 17:30 Saturday slot with one of the relegation clashes at 12:30,then another relegation clash being at 14:00 on the Sunday, and Liverpool vs Fulham being at16:30 on the Sunday

One thing's for sure, there's more chance of Ruben Neves playing for us again next season than there is of this staying at 3pm on a Saturday.
Be Sunday or Monday due to their European commitments?

I prefer Friday or Sat evening games atmosphere gets rocking

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be complicated by other games being broadcast with it being FA cup semi-final weekend.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Liverpool and Arsenal both being available to play on the weekend of the 20th I think Wolves will play on the Saturday as Harry Kane will have eliminated Captain Black's Arsenal on the previous Wednesday April 17th !!! I reckon on a 5.30 kick off because if Sky can devalue the FA Cup anymore than they have done ( as they do to all sports they do not cover ) they would love to be on the same time as an FA Cup Semi Final. Not that I give a toss about who plays when in the FA Cup after last Saturday !!!! Liverpool will play Fulham on the Sunday as they play Thursday in Europe. I will surprised if both games involving Sky Sweethearts will be on Sunday.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have thought the W/C 22nd would have been ideal for the Bournemouth game to be rearranged to which *hopefully* ensure Arsenal isn't MNF.

We might get lucky though, with the semi finals already occupying the prime slots and so many of those at the bottom playing each other Sky/BT might use this weekend to use it as a chance to ensure they fill their quota for the non-6 sides.

It's also realistically the only one of two weekend game Arsenal have left that might not be on TV (other being Bournemouth).

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there a final date by which this will be decided?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
3 days after they play away at Bayern, 3 days before they play Chelsea. Stick the reserves out Mikel, we won't mind.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
So just to clarify people, the arsenal game is still on Saturday 20th April, but has now been moved to 7:30pm kick off, rather than 3pm?

Trying to work out whether to take my young son or not and that's going to be a late night for him!

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So just to clarify people, the arsenal game is still on Saturday 20th April, but has now been moved to 7:30pm kick off, rather than 3pm?

Trying to work out whether to take my young son or not and that's going to be a late night for him!
My vert first game in 1967 was a Saturday night 7.30 kick off
I can still see that vast expanse of green of the pitch lit up ,also the players running out in all gold strip under the lights a moment I will never forget
All for half a crown, big thanks to my mom and dad for taking me

DJLWolf

Reaction score
My vert first game in 1967 was a Saturday night 7.30 kick off
I can still see that vast expanse of green of the pitch lit up ,also the players running out in all gold strip under the lights a moment I will never forget
All for half a crown, big thanks to my mom and dad for taking me
Ye, my first game was a night game too.It was the FA Cup game v wednesday and the penalty shoot out in 1995.

There is definitely something magical about night games when you're a kid.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I reckon we should be saying as fans that we want a certain number of guaranteed Saturday 3pm games. We’ve probably had less than half this year. I get it’s good for the club to be on telly lots but it’s not great for fans with families, fans who have to travel a distance etc.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon we should be saying as fans that we want a certain number of guaranteed Saturday 3pm games. We’ve probably had less than half this year. I get it’s good for the club to be on telly lots but it’s not great for fans with families, fans who have to travel a distance etc.

You are right. There should be minimum of eight, 3PM K.O per season per club.

Unfortunately next season I think they are making every game apart from 3pm available for TV? Includes Friday night sat night and Sunday night games more frequently I think?

Var use for corners and throw ins.

They choose money over fans. Really bad when you think about it

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not as bad as man city fans.

They find out 7 days before a match potentially what date the game will be

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yes, never going to happen though is it? Check my maths l, but I think there are 270 televised games next season. They are basically televising everything that isn't 3pm Saturday, so all the ones moved to Sunday for Europe (Conf or EL) will be on TV. But that probably means 110 PL games played 3pm Saturday in total for the season. So 5.5 per club at home. So maybe they could guarantee 4 to have a bit of flexibility, unless you're one of the Big 6, or in Europe....

Back
Top Bottom