Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal game set to be postponed

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
I understand your point. I just find it unfair that the unvaccinated get the blame for it when actually as has now been proved, it doesnt matter if your entire squad has had all 3 jabs, this **** will stop games regardless.

This coming from someone who is vaccinated myself.
This in spades.

Vaccination is personal choice.

People seem to be forgetting that the issue was with the top 4 groups.

We can be poorly you know.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless they're amongst the ones who've tested positive.

Bit **** I know, but it's everywhere. I've been extra cautious since the start of the pandemic. Was wearing a mask before it was advised, wearing one constantly at work after others had stopped (though a fair few have recently started again) and last Thursday first symptoms started to show.

Thankfully so far been nothing worse than a bad cold as only double jabbed. Was planning getting the booster over the holidays but that's out of the window now.
Hope you continue to feel ok.

I was fine, just had a runny nose and loss of smell. All ok after a week of getting my test result. But like you need to wait to wait to get my booster.

But unfortunately more people will get it, the only way to avoid it is to completely shut yourself away.

It doesn’t matter what the club do, the players have kids in school, they can very easily pick it up from there.

I do think a break of some description could come in very soon, or games will be behind close doors.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So much for all our squad being vaccinated then! Does this mean when things get back to normal everyone will be cancelling games en masse for winter flu?

That is a pretty random reach right there? Are you suggesting players should just be playing through covid?

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really. People (bully included) blaming the unvaccinated players for games being postponed, but having the vaccine makes no difference to catching the thing.

It reduces the risk of catching it, doesn't stop it. Not leaving ANY distancing or masking restrictions has made it harder to control numbers...the whole world knows you need a combination of measures, at least until everybody has caught it and it hasn't overwhelmed the heath services.
This was always going to be the pay off.....the Government does F all until Christmas, then says it has no choice but to start cancelling stuff again .

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
It reduces the risk of catching it, doesn't stop it. Not leaving ANY distancing or masking restrictions has made it harder to control numbers...the whole world knows you need a combination of measures, at least until everybody has caught it and it hasn't overwhelmed the heath services.
This was always going to be the pay off.....the Government does F all until Christmas, then says it has no choice but to start cancelling stuff again .

Who overwhelms the health service?

Top 4 Groups - 80-90%.

So once they were offered vaccine why weren't we back to normal?

Remember Hancocks 15m Jabs to Freedom?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is a pretty random reach right there? Are you suggesting players should just be playing through covid?
Not at all. Games have been called off before when sickness has gone through a team. Just suggesting that Covid mania has gotten out of all proportion. The new variant is reportedly much milder than the original yet the whole country is panicked into restrictions.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Just to point out, based on last week we were down to 16 senior players including 2 goalkeepers.

Goalkeepers: Sa, Ruddy

Defenders: Hoever, Marcal, Coady, Semedo, Kilman, Saiss

Midfielders: Jordao, Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker

Forwards: Raul, Podence, Trincao, Traore

Would only take a couple of positive cases to push us below the 13 and 1 threshold.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have been willing to make up the numbers but im positive for the 2nd time (also double vaccinated) and i have eaten too much food over christmas. These are obviously the only 2 reasons why i cant play for wolves.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I would have been willing to make up the numbers but im positive for the 2nd time (also double vaccinated) and i have eaten too much food over christmas. These are obviously the only 2 reasons why i cant play for wolves.
Get well soon!

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just to point out, based on last week we were down to 16 senior players including 2 goalkeepers.

Goalkeepers: Sa, Ruddy

Defenders: Hoever, Marcal, Coady, Semedo, Kilman, Saiss

Midfielders: Jordao, Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker

Forwards: Raul, Podence, Trincao, Traore

Would only take a couple of positive cases to push us below the 13 and 1 threshold.
Might one suggest such a threadbare squad is supplemented with fresh talent during the upcoming January transfer window?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reverse the Question:

Why shouldn't players be playing through ?
Because they could live with people who are vulnerable?

Crux of this whole Covid situation which some people still haven't got, it's not about an individual who might cope with it easily, it's about everyone connected to that individual who might not

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
Because they could live with people who are vulnerable?

Crux of this whole Covid situation which some people still haven't got, it's not about an individual who might cope with it easily, it's about everyone connected to that individual who might not

But aren't they vaccinated?

Your logic says life is over as the vaccine doesn't work and we need to protect the vulnerabe by shutting down life?

When do we get back to living life?

Why did you not worry about viruses before?

The figs were worse in Sept:

Stats: UK Summary | Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t like it but the time off will benefit the squad and the injured.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Your logic says life is over as the vaccine doesn't work and we need to protect the vulnerabe by shutting down life?

I can’t believe that after all this time there are still people who don’t get it.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No games till the window opens and we can play the new players:)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t believe that after all this time there are still people who don’t get it.
Really? I’m triple vaccinated, totally believe there’s a covid and I’ve had it. But ffs, the deaths are no worse than from seasonal flu, we have to live life’s, suicides will totally rise and cancer deaths will too. Sorry people can’t see this side affect.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Amazes me that after two years this **** still needs explaining. Also where has anybody suggested life is over, we are talking a few footy games because players have contracted covid and the delta variant is still about as well.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
Please expla

Amazes me that after two years this **** still needs explaining. Also where has anybody suggested life is over, we are talking a few footy games because players have contracted covid and the delta variant is still about as well.

It was worse in Sept - Please explain what i'm missing. Why weren't games called off with a lower vaccination programme and higher figures?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless they're amongst the ones who've tested positive.

Bit **** I know, but it's everywhere. I've been extra cautious since the start of the pandemic. Was wearing a mask before it was advised, wearing one constantly at work after others had stopped (though a fair few have recently started again) and last Thursday first symptoms started to show.

Thankfully so far been nothing worse than a bad cold as only double jabbed. Was planning getting the booster over the holidays but that's out of the window now.
Hope you don’t get any worse, mate.

I’ve come into contact with 3 people who have had it (1 was round our house 2 days before she got symptoms and another I spent the day with driving for work a day before he had symptoms) and I haven’t caught it (test everyday).

I wonder whether some people are less likely to catch it because I SHOULD have caught it.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
A commonly held erroneous belief. Also, the booster doesn't work for Omicron

If everyone in the country had had the vaccine, there would be less Covid about. Hence the urgency with the boosters.

People forget so many things.

The top 4 groups were the apparent NHS issue. That is why they were priortised with the "vaccine"

Now apparently everybody is at risk.

Plus 85% have had one dose. Are you honestly sating 15% are the issue.

Come on give your head a wobble,

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These postponed games won't be much of an issue for teams like Wolves not in Europe, but if this carries on then it's going to cause an insane schedule for teams who are still in Europe and go into the later rounds of the cup competitions.

Back
Top Bottom