Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arise Sir Maximilian, England international

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"He's doing well, but a lot of players are playing well and we just felt Phil after all his injuries brings a know how and determination to the side that we've really missed, and we'll really need with these two massive friendlies against Sealand and The Faroe Islands, who shouldn't be underestimated"
Hahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahha very good!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally watched the first half of the Spurs game I missed, and really noticed Kilman as that highlight reel illustrates. He was incredible. Said back last summer when he was playing in the pre season friendlies that Kilman should have the raw material to be perfect for Lage, and he’s certainly proving that! Reminds me of Boly at his best. Strong, calm, can carry the ball forward and thread a decent pass. But he has that bit more than Boly, even at his best, and that’s saying a lot given his age.

Last edited:

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No real comparison between Max and Mingin they are on different levels. Max is good on the ball incisive, clever, quick witted, safe and wily while Mingin is awkward, slow, unsure, clumber some and generally just pants.
Even Mingin's pants are pants.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not many opportunities between now and the winter to get a place in the England team.

Especially with how well the CB's have played in the last 2 tournaments. Can't see Southgate messing with the squad too much before a tournament.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s some highlights reel. So many of them are seeing him dominate Son, one of the most dangerous forwards in the league.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not many opportunities between now and the winter to get a place in the England team.

Especially with how well the CB's have played in the last 2 tournaments. Can't see Southgate messing with the squad too much before a tournament.
I think the CB slots for England are actually wide open and considering defense in the name of the game, having one of meanest defenses in Europe and two of those CBs being English then I'd think Southgate would be wise to look no further than ourselves for filing two of those slots.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the CB slots for England are actually wide open and considering defense in the name of the game, having one of meanest defenses in Europe and two of those CBs being English then I'd think Southgate would be wise to look no further than ourselves for filing two of those slots.

Yeh but if it's not broken i'm not sure he'll be looking to fix it.

Wolves do have a mean defence.

But like England alot of it is due to how we are set up, with 2 holding midfielders who can cover and control. Last year under a more attacking sytem, Wolves fans were calling for Coady to be replaced in the summer.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dream of England switching to a back 3 and picking both Coady and Kilman. Arguably out of all the England CB’s those two are most on form (along with Ben White who has been fantastic) and Southgate bangs on about picking players on form. More I think about it those as a back 3 would be brilliant. We’ve got plenty of options at wing back as well.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really? From what I have seen of Mings and Maguire in the last few weeks it should be wide open now. To me both White at Arsenal and Kilman should be in the next squad along with Coady, Stones. Maguire will get in. Mings should be dropped.

Centre backs of Stones, Coady, Kilman, White, Maguire and Walker could slot in there in an emergency. Mings should be nowhere near the squad now and Maguire will be at risk if he doesnt get some form going soon.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dream of England switching to a back 3 and picking both Coady and Kilman. Arguably out of all the England CB’s those two are most on form (along with Ben White who has been fantastic) and Southgate bangs on about picking players on form. More I think about it those as a back 3 would be brilliant. We’ve got plenty of options at wing back as well.

Southgate doesn't bang on about form.

His thing is promoting youth and sticking with them during dips of form.
He has players who perform for him and he trusts, despite being shocking for their clubs.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? From what I have seen of Mings and Maguire in the last few weeks it should be wide open now. To me both White at Arsenal and Kilman should be in the next squad along with Coady, Stones. Maguire will get in. Mings should be dropped.

Centre backs of Stones, Coady, Kilman, White, Maguire and Walker could slot in there in an emergency. Mings should be nowhere near the squad now and Maguire will be at risk if he doesnt get some form going soon.

My point is there are very limited opportunities left. Mings position is definitely up for grabs, but he barely plays.

Maguire has been in the team of the tournament 2 major tournaments in a row. That his huge.
He's just a player who is suited to international football and who Southgate rightly trusts.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southgate doesn't bang on about form.

His thing is promoting youth and sticking with them during dips of form.
He has players who perform for him and he trusts, despite being shocking for their clubs.
He talked at length prior to the euros about picking players on form, defensively that isn’t true. I’m 50/50 on Southgate and I’m rarely that on anything. I like he has followed a youth pattern as there’s some good young players but there’s been players woefully out of form that he’ll still turn to. In his defence I suppose he only has them in short periods so he goes with who he “trusts” but there’s an argument to look at his central defence as some have been poor for clubs this season

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point is there are very limited opportunities left. Mings position is definitely up for grabs, but he barely plays.

Maguire has been in the team of the tournament 2 major tournaments in a row. That his huge.
He's just a player who is suited to international football and who Southgate rightly trusts.

I see where you are coming from but I think it will be a joke if Kilman cant get in the England squad playing like he is now.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He talked at length prior to the euros about picking players on form, defensively that isn’t true. I’m 50/50 on Southgate and I’m rarely that on anything. I like he has followed a youth pattern as there’s some good young players but there’s been players woefully out of form that he’ll still turn to. In his defence I suppose he only has them in short periods so he goes with who he “trusts” but there’s an argument to look at his central defence as some have been poor for clubs this season

Especially the likes of Rashford he should have been nowhere near the team last tournament!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know Stones is a more established version of Kilman but he hasn't had the game time at City and I see he was RB last night v Sporting. On this years form and minutes on the pitch I personally would put Kilman ahead of Stones but unfortunately I don't pick the England squad. If Kilman played for Utd he'd keep Maguire out of their side and he'd be first choice for England. I am prepared to be disappointed when Southgate names the next squad.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from but I think it will be a joke if Kilman cant get in the England squad playing like he is now.

I'd be disappointed if he's not selected in March. But i suppose it's how much he can show off playing 45 minutes against Andorra.
Odds are 5/1 for him being in the World Cup squad which does seem large.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be disappointed if he's not selected in March. But i suppose it's how much he can show off playing 45 minutes against Andorra.
Odds are 5/1 for him being in the World Cup squad which does seem large.
Got to be worth a flutter

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he runs very well with the ball...i wonder if he was brought up as a midfielder or even forward in his youth?

saftbaz

Reaction score
Different era, and football is a different game now, but I would compare him to Frank Munro. I can give Max no higher accolade than that.
You are so right, what a wonderful player. Max has a certain swagger that reminds me of beckinbower (spelling?)

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just about to post this. Could do a reverse Coady?
It's a huge change to play in midfield where you need 360 degree awareness and passing ability more often than in defence. I imagine he could adjust, but I don't see why we'd bother.

I'd rather keep encouraging his runs from deep, on the understanding that Coady and Saiss stay back to cover, with one of the midfielders dropping in too if needed.

Back
Top Bottom