Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are you worried about next season?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know, it's crazy to start worrying about next season when we don't know the outcome of the summer, who will be leaving, the quality of new recruits, and how Jiminez will perform etc.

But I am really concerned already. We have been fortunate that there has been three very poor teams this season. Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle, and Brighton will all hope for better seasons. Brighton have an excellent defence and should have scored way more goals, although Burnley are an aging side they still should have put seven past us and will be better next season. And Southampton will be very disappointed with their performance.

Norwich and Watford have largely kept their squads together and will know what the Premier league is all about now. The team promoted via the playoffs is always going to find it tough, but if its Brentford they have a back of finding good players.

To be honest there is only Crystal Palace who are below us who I expect to have another tough season.

As it stands right now I am struggling to see which teams below us (except Palace) who will be as poor again - possibly Newcastle perhaps.

What worries me is when I look at those teams below us, none have the rebuilding we need or the injuries that will stretch into the season.

I know this is premature, and maybe a really good window will calm us pant wetters. But I genuinely have some concerns.

- We lack goals and there is no guarantee Jiminez will hit the ground running (especially if we sell Adama)

- we will almost certainly change formation & style

- we may have a larger turnover of players than we think - one of Neves or Adama is sure to go

I know I am going to get some pelters for this post, but I am telling you now I have bad feeling.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Yes, it's a little too early to worry about things--it's unhealthy to worry over things you can't control, let alone know what the landscape will be. What will be most concerning is not what those other clubs are doing, but whether Nuno and his staff will be at the club (as was rumored on this site)--this could cause a huge upheaval at the club and may prompt some players to leave (or not want to sign). We could be looking at wholesale changes across the board. That said, it will be wise to simply cross that bridge when it comes, instead of wetting the ole' nappies! :) Now, I'm off for a glass of wine since my work week just ended...

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know, it's crazy to start worrying about next season when we don't know the outcome of the summer, who will be leaving, the quality of new recruits, and how Jiminez will perform etc.

But I am really concerned already. We have been fortunate that there has been three very poor teams this season. Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle, and Brighton will all hope for better seasons. Brighton have an excellent defence and should have scored way more goals, although Burnley are an aging side they still should have put seven past us and will be better next season. And Southampton will be very disappointed with their performance.

Norwich and Watford have largely kept their squads together and will know what the Premier league is all about now. The team promoted via the playoffs is always going to find it tough, but if its Brentford they have a back of finding good players.

To be honest there is only Crystal Palace who are below us who I expect to have another tough season.

As it stands right now I am struggling to see which teams below us (except Palace) who will be as poor again - possibly Newcastle perhaps.

What worries me is when I look at those teams below us, none have the rebuilding we need or the injuries that will stretch into the season.

I know this is premature, and maybe a really good window will calm us pant wetters. But I genuinely have some concerns.

- We lack goals and there is no guarantee Jiminez will hit the ground running (especially if we sell Adama)

- we may have a larger turnover of players than we think - one of Neves or Adama is sure to go

I know I am going to get some pelters for this post, but I am telling you now I have bad feeling.

Jesus H

No I am really excited

If nothing happens in transfer market then maybe you have a point but listen to Nuno about a bigger squad and look at some of the players we’re being linked with - Ocampos and Trincao for starters

Then all our youngsters too

Cheer up man!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am very optimistic for several reasons. Not worried at all.
This past season has focused attention on our shortcomings to Guo, Shi and Nuno. They’re not fools and will try hard to improve the club as they’ve done for 4 years in a row now.
With 3 PL years behind us, I think the expectation from within Wolves will be to challenge for a CL spot.

Buying Silva for £35m in a year with revenues way down was a huge commitment to the future. They were prepared to gamble so much money on an 18 year old........WOW.....Wolves have come a loooooog way. ....what it meant to me is “We’re back”.
Also, look at the other new players....Neto, Podence, Ait-Nouri, Semedo, Vitinha etc .......great additions to the squad.

Now there could be one fly in the ointment, ( hopefully only one leg stuck), .....Fosun‘s profit is down about half, from about £1.8 b to £800 m.
That may impact Wolves especially at transfer time. We just don’t know. It is what it is. Yes, Nuno and Shi would love to have Rashford, de Bruyne , Kane etc but they know it takes time. With no ffp, it sure took City long enough and even then they cheated.

But with our injured recovering, , our young players getting better, a summer rest for all the staff and players with their families, next season should be great......maybe even fantastic:)

We’ve never had it so good and the best is yet to come!

Last edited:

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not overly worried but if the transfer window doesn't go well I will be worried a bit.
We've seen in the Premier league how easy it is to be sucked into a relegation battle after being comfortable years before
We can't afford to be Complacent if we don't push forward the only way is backwards

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I'm concerned based on what we've seen this season. But should Nuno stay I hope and believe he and Jeff have had the conversations already of whats needed in the summer to strengthen us. And if Nuno does leave as some suggest I hope Jeff and Fosun have a seriously good Plan B lined up to manage us.

There will always be teams you dont expect to struggle that end up struggling, and often teams have good seasons and poor seasons when you least expect. Look at Villa and West Ham.

Hoping fans back at the Golden Palace will also motivate our players and manager next season too.

So I'm very concerned at present but believe they will get it right before August.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at this stage, this season was poor but it is strange times that we are living in, however I do think we got things wrong and there is a lot that we need to put right.

I have reflected and readjusted my expectations though; we are not knocking on the door of the top six but for now at least we look to be an established premier league side, and that is down to Fosun and Nuno.

There is a lot to sort out over the summer and will be plenty of outgoings and incomings and the usual spats on here will commence as we try and make sense of it all.

I am just going to wait for the dust to settle and then hopefully get behind the boys in the stadium with the rest of your ugly lot.
if you look at our match day squad it is crazy how many of them have not played in front of the fans yet.

We have been awful to watch for a lot of this season, but let’s see how they perform when the South bank and J10 :))) are back in full voice (god it’s been a long time...)

I would give Nuno the start of the season to try and turn things round but if his time is up then so be it.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m always worried. We could be top of the league and I’d still be worried.
it’s part of my Wolves DNA - unfortunately my journey started mid 80s when our success was myth and legend. I have not adjusted to the idea we’re premier league club yet. Maybe in another 10 years.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m always worried. We could be top of the league and I’d still be worried.
it’s part of my Wolves DNA - unfortunately my journey started mid 80s when our success was myth and legend. I have not adjusted to the idea we’re premier league club yet. Maybe in another 10 years.
Spot on, exactly how I feel too.

Lycaon

Reaction score
I’m quietly optimistic for next season, if we can build around Neves and Neto and bring in some more experienced players to plug the gaps then we’ll be fine.
It won’t be until the fixture list is released that I’ll start plotting our path to glory!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
We have been fortunate that there has been three very poor teams this season.
The amount of times this has been repeated by posters drives me crazy! We haven't been fortunate that there were three poor teams this season. The bottom three every season are poor, that's why they are in the bottom three. It's no different this season from any season - every season there are three poor teams, look at the previous league tables - this is season is not unique in having three bad teams. Next season will have three poor teams too.

Whether we will be one of those poor teams is the question. I can't see it. Even though we have been relatively poor this season in comparison to the previous two, we've still had more than enough to finish midtable and get points when we really needed them. Despite an awful injury list. We've always been at least 9 points clear of the relegation zone since it mattered.

I know it's the same for other teams but I think we'll perform much better at home in front of fans. Think, from what Nuno has said, we'll have a bigger squad, hopefully fewer injuries to key players, and the youngsters who have gained a lot of experience this season will be a year older next season and benefited from their experience.

The future is bright...the future is old gold.

Stingray II

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to next season. Hoping crowds are back. and we'll kick on. How wonderful to wake up next season and find us starting a Premier League competition for the fourth year in a row. Who among us would have expected that 10 years ago? Err, none of us.
I want to get into Europe. I want to break into the top four, but I'll take 12th. I can't forget the misery of decades in the second division and am delighted that we are a Premier League team. I don't know how we will fare next season, but I'm not fearing relegation - which I constantly did during our previous visits to this league. We got some bad luck this season, but I love this coach and team. Can't wait for next season. Raul !!!!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I’m quietly optimistic for next season, if we can build around Neves and Neto and bring in some more experienced players to plug the gaps then we’ll be fine.
It won’t be until the fixture list is released that I’ll start plotting our path to glory!
Good plan if Neves is still with us and Neto comes back the same player before Christmas. ;)

There's much to do, but I'm sure the club is working on it.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I don’t think next season will be anything like this season, for a myriad of reasons. Think we’ll use the disappointment of this season as a springboard to better things in the coming years.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really depends what we do. I have no great belief we are gonna be back in Europe anytime soon. The switch to a back 4 has worried me; we concede an amount that would lead to relegation so far, while not playing all that many top half teams. We're not particularly creative and we're also a soft touch right now.
But Raul will be back, and we have some good kids that look more than ready to make the breakthrough. I think another season like this one is probably on the cards.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The amount of times this has been repeated by posters drives me crazy! We haven't been fortunate that there were three poor teams this season. The bottom three every season are poor, that's why they are in the bottom three. It's no different this season from any season - every season there are three poor teams, look at the previous league tables - this is season is not unique in having three bad teams. Next season will have three poor teams too.

Whether we will be one of those poor teams is the question. I can't see it. Even though we have been relatively poor this season in comparison to the previous two, we've still had more than enough to finish midtable and get points when we really needed them. Despite an awful injury list. We've always been at least 9 points clear of the relegation zone since it mattered.

I know it's the same for other teams but I think we'll perform much better at home in front of fans. Think, from what Nuno has said, we'll have a bigger squad, hopefully fewer injuries to key players, and the youngsters who have gained a lot of experience this season will be a year older next season and benefited from their experience.

The future is bright...the future is old gold.
You can have more than 3 poor teams in the league

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don't do nothing in the transfer window or we have the mass clear out of our manager and players from our squad that people on here moan about I will be worried... Cause we won't anybody left to play.....

Last edited:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet the DMA of other teams will be sting there’s no way Wolves wil be that bad again too

Plus Villa will be back to normal

I’m looking forward to seeing us play again

Reaction score
We’ve similarly seen how a shrewd acquisition or two (Watkins at Villa for example) can push a side up the league after a poor season, as a general observation.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So your starting premise is that everyone else will be better next season and we, unless we do something radical, won't. Highly unrealistic but obviously, if that premise is accepted, concerns must follow.

Back
Top Bottom