Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are we skint?

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would appear from this summer's happenings, massive lack of investment and what Jackett has said today about selling Stearman that we don't really have any money. This despite the fact we're still getting parachute payments and got a lot of big wage packets off the bill recently, and seem to have signed about a thousand new sponsorship deals.

However, the fact we wouldn't cash in on Afobe seems to suggest the opposite.

So what the hell is going on?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan isn't going to spend from his own pockets, that's been clear from day one. Nothing new, just the same old. Sell a key player like Stearman for £2 million and on probably £25k a week frees up a lot for KJ to work with in terms of targets he may have identified.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like it. We are paupers in the championship now. Thanks a lot Morgan!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What must the players think of this? Selling off our player of the season and current captain. Afobe and McDonald must surely be asking questions. Where is the ambition to get us into the prem? I cant see any.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We aren't skint, its just Morgan doesn't want to spend his own cash, and will only spend a percentage of any incoming funds, Mosey is a money man so he wants to see much more plus than minus in the balance books, and Kenny seems to change his mind every few months about how he wants the team to play.
Also I would be surprised if there isn't a bit of pressure on him from above about promoting lads from the academy with a view of selling.

I've never felt so disillusioned or disappointed with this club than i do today. Its not the end of the world obviously, but we seem to stumble from embarrassment to bafflement to getting our hopes up of improvement only to find ourselves at square one time after time.

Hopefully there will be some signings announced soon, but I think whoever we get will be underwhelming.

To sum it up, Morgan and Moxey out ffs.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paupers don't turn down £12m for a striker they paid £2m for 6 months ago.

Do you think our board have enough ambition?
Other clubs signing player after player. We selling ours, including captain and player of the year and bringing in loan players. $$$$ing great stuff!

S

Sandwell Wolf

Do you think our board have enough ambition?

Other clubs signing player after player. We selling ours, including captain and player of the year and bringing in loan players. $$$$ing great stuff!

Signing player after player doesn't guarantee success.

Brentford a prime example. Where are Derby in the league? I could go on.

I think the way we've handled the Norwich/Afobe situation says a lot about the clubs ambition, but you can choose to ignore that if it suits the agenda.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our aim going forward should be to stay in this division.

It's come a season earlier than I I thought it would,but our owner has reduced us to the level of Rotherham.

It's also becoming clear that Jackett is nothing more than a spineless patsy.

He made Stearman his vice captain and has accepted his sale for relative peanuts.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paupers don't turn down £12m for a striker they paid £2m for 6 months ago.

So do you think we are selling Stearman because he thinks Hause/EEL/Batth is good enough? You don't think it's a case of KJ being given $$$$ all to work with by Morgan and having to sell a key player to reinvest it?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing player after player doesn't guarantee success.

Brentford a prime example. Where are Derby in the league? I could go on.

I think the way we've handled the Norwich/Afobe situation says a lot about the clubs ambition, but you can choose to ignore that if it suits the agenda.

Like you clearly have your agenda in supporting the board no matter what.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today's events confirm it for me.

Why is Morgan even bothering owning us?

S

Sandwell Wolf

So do you think we are selling Stearman because he thinks Hause/EEL/Batth is good enough? You don't think it's a case of KJ being given $$$$ all to work with by Morgan and having to sell a key player to reinvest it?

Hause & Iorfa are potentially future Premier League players. Both included in the latest England U21 squad too, so they are quite evidently rated outside of the walls of Wolverhampton Wanderers.

I think Morgan could spend a bit more money yes, but that doesn't always guarantee success. In fact it's normally the opposite in this division.

For what it's worth I am totally behind promoting our own youth players and giving them a chance. It hasn't done ha too badly the last 2 seasons so let's see what happens.

We also could go and sign Lescott as Stearman's replacement, unlikely maybe but not out of the question. Nobody saw the Adam le Fondre signing coming.

As I said in June, the time to judge is when the transfer window closes.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lescott is going to Villa.
Tick tock until Tuesday!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Morgan isn't going to spend from his own pockets, that's been clear from day one. Nothing new, just the same old. Sell a key player like Stearman for £2 million and on probably £25k a week frees up a lot for KJ to work with in terms of targets he may have identified.

Stearman is on nowhere near £25K p.w.
And no I am not guessing .

G

GNLwolf

Our aim going forward should be to stay in this division.

It's come a season earlier than I I thought it would,but our owner has reduced us to the level of Rotherham.

It's also becoming clear that Jackett is nothing more than a spineless patsy.

One of the finest knee-jerks I've ever seen.

S

Sandwell Wolf

Like you clearly have your agenda in supporting the board no matter what.

I despised the board 2 seasons ago. I wanted Morgan out more than anybody as we embarrassingly sunk into League One.

The last 2 seasons however, he has stayed out of the limelight, backed Kenny Jackett accordingly, made generally good decisions in terms of recruitment and I've enjoyed what my club has served up for 2 seasons.

Criticise when it's needed. Credit where credit is due. That's how I work.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I despised the board 2 seasons ago. I wanted Morgan out more than anybody as we embarrassingly sunk into League One.

The last 2 seasons however, he has stayed out of the limelight, backed Kenny Jackett accordingly, made generally good decisions in terms of recruitment and I've enjoyed what my club has served up for 2 seasons.

I look forward to seeing what you have to say on Tuesday.

R

reanswolf

Surely we are well overdue another rant then?:D

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stearman is on nowhere near £25K p.w.
And no I am not guessing .

Fair play Jonzy I believe you mate, perhaps I'm thinking of what he was on back in PL. Still £2m and whatever wages he is on is a lot of money for KJ to work with, I hope he knows what he's doing.

S

Sandwell Wolf

Surely we are well overdue another rant then?:D

Why would I want to rant?

We have a young, dynamic, enthusiastic and talented squad. A manager who plays football the right way.

We have started the season OK, it's not flawless (nor is it a disaster), but it's a platform to build on going forward. 41 games to go, I have every bit of faith in this manager and the players.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could be clearing the decks for something big !!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Credit the board when they force KJ into selling our double POTS centre half to free up funds for other areas that desperately need improving. You have to admit if we really want promotion Morgan should be willing to back KJ more than he has done but you and I both know it won't happen because then it's coming out of SM's pockets.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Credit the board when they force KJ into selling our double POTS centre half to free up funds for other areas that desperately need improving. You have to admit if we really want promotion Morgan should be willing to back KJ more than he has done but you and I both know it won't happen because then it's coming out of SM's pockets.

Yep!

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair the defence did well today. It's what this represents.

The club have massively underestimated the impact this has/will have

S

Sandwell Wolf

What about Morgan and Moxey?

Well, they are here to stay, if they were gonna go then the time was two seasons ago as we dropped into League One.

Not enough fans turned against the board back then to make a change, so I've succumbed to the fact that they're a mainstay at my football club for the foreseeable future.

The same way David Cameron is the prime minister for the next 4/5 years, I didn't want him in but that's that and you can't change it. Once you accept it and judge the club on the manager and players we have it's much more enjoyable.

My love for Wolves is based on the enjoyment I've had watching Kenny Jackett's team over the last 2 seasons. I have enjoyed 90% of matches I've attended, even when we've lost such as QPR last week, we played some blinding football first half and although we lost I enjoyed the football we played and I thought we approached the match the right way. That's all I can ask for as a fan.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet Steve Morgan thinks Sir Jack Hayward was a mug

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Credit to a board for selling our vice captain!!!

I've heard it all.

S

Sandwell Wolf

You don't know the ins and outs. Jackett sees the players every day in training. For all we know, Ebanks-Landell could be out shining Stearman in training and Jackett feels he is ready to cement himself as a first team player now.

Or he sees his future CH partnership as Hause and Batth.

Part of successful management is knowing when to sell a player and make way for new ones. That was Ferguson's master touch, hopefully Jackett knows what he's doing and I trust him that he does.

Will Stearman ever be worth £2m ever again?

Back
Top Bottom