Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are we going to join the relegation battle?

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Imagine in August - 433. Full molineux. Raul back and a new CH and new top class attacking midfielder. It might just happen!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit i was concerned, and we still arent there yet,but with just a couple of wins 3 at most required im pretty calm now

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too much quality in the team. This aint no 2012 wolves.

Very true. I think we all know that the quality is so much higher. And that, in a way, makes it even more baffling and infuriating. Today in that first half, watching all those top internationals, in a team that must have cost 5 times, maybe 10 times what Mick's cost...yet playing barely any better than the 2012 team. And not for the first time this season, either.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very true. I think we all know that the quality is so much higher. And that, in a way, makes it even more baffling and infuriating. Today in that first half, watching all those top internationals, in a team that must have cost 5 times, maybe 10 times what Mick's cost...yet playing barely any better than the 2012 team. And not for the first time this season, either.

At least we know this squad can play to a decent European standard when it comes down to it. I doubt any match will be a huge turning point till the end of the season. Id be very suprised if it doesn't continue to be a inconsistent season, but i think well be better for it in the summer, as there's evidence there that we have struggled more whatever the reason behind it is and a few changes will be made.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Watching us whimper out of the FA Cup means I couldn’t give a tinkers cuss as to where we finish in the league, in the sense that we are not going down regardless if the bottom 3 suddenly hit a rich vein of form it just isn’t going to be sustainable for them for the rest of the season.
Now’s the time to start planning for the next campaign which I hope is going to be considerably better than this one!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet we are only 4 points worse off than last season,and could easily have been 6/9 points better off if it wasnt for some attrocious luck
Not trying to paper over the cracks at all,we have been poor for a long time,but just pointing out we are not that far off last seasons points, and we got more last season than the previous, which we all agree was a great first season back
Its a funny old game

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Genuinely think (hope) that that 2nd half turn-around could mark the end of our downturn. Hopefully the players will take some confidence, they'll have a positive week on the training pitch and we'll put in a good performance against Leeds. If we'd come out 2nd half and continued like we had finished first half I'd be getting worried again (in terms of maintaining the gap between the bottom 3)... Perhaps I should have more faith in Nuno and the boys - looks like we've got enough quality to keep us out of trouble (scored some great goals recently - Neto, Moutinho etc).

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football is a funny old game.

3 weeks ago we were on our knees. Rudderless, lacking in confidence and had the look of a team on the slide.

Now we are looking up and how many points behind Liverpool we are.

No surprise to me it’s improved since Jonny came back.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're in one till Nuno is changed
I love Nuno but he doesn't have the answers and neither do our players and I'd personally pull the trigger now and try to give ourselves a fighting chance as with him I think we're down.
I didn't want to admit it but yes. Just managed to get us at 33/1 to be relegated, hopefully I'm wrong but just feels like we are broken. Fun while it lasted.
Well, these posts all aged particularly well gentlemen. When do we get to hear the grovelling retractions?

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As it happens 33/1 was a good price at the time.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Fulham beat sheff United tonight it'll pile the pressure onto Newcastle who are away at man United.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, these posts all aged particularly well gentlemen. When do we get to hear the grovelling retractions?
At the time we looked lost and falling fast.

We could all pull previous posts up similar to everyone claiming Silva was the new messiah cos of the wba goal.... And then what happened :)

I'm chuffed it's turned round, the introduction of Jose has allowed for Neto and Adama to be more involved.

Last edited:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except I don't think anyone said that, never mind everyone...
A lot did..... All jumped out the wood work and made the claims that people had written Silva off, that wasn't the case either but suited the ones who couldn't wait to jump on everyone when all that was being said was that Silva wasn't ready.... And post wba he still isnt.. shall we all shout that from the rooftops at the smarmy ones the minute he scored in the derby?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
A lot did..... All jumped out the wood work and made the claims that people had written Silva off, that wasn't the case either but suited the ones who couldn't wait to jump on everyone when all that was being said was that Silva wasn't ready.... And post wba he still isnt.. shall we all shout that from the rooftops at the smarmy ones the minute he scored in the derby?
I don't think anybody at all has hailed Silva as the messiah at the moment.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This aged well
Got it wrong but we looked lost.

Nuno's mistake for not having a senior second striker was a key reason we started to freefall after Raul's injury. Thankfully we got lucky with Jose before it was too late.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think anybody at all has hailed Silva as the messiah at the moment.
Look back at the thread on the match day mutchy. See it for yourself,the moment he scores all the attention was pushed to those who has questioned his ability. Typical of the site in general through really.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turns out taking your form from the last 6 games and multiplying it by what's remaining of the season isn't how it works.

No one thought we weren't playing badly, but we had a tough run of games, picked up some injuries which low confidence followed.

We could have easily have lost the last 2 games as much as we could have picked up points at the start of the bad run.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone seriously think we were going to finish below the dreadful bottom 3 ? We’ve had an horrendous injury list and are now back on track for a good top half finish .
I would see the signing of Jose and return of jonny as steadying the ship plus going back to tried and tested back three.
However close Nuno was to the sack we never know even though Spiers said no where near its turned out to be the right call to stick with him.

Darren M (Dazza)

Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom