Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are we going to join the relegation battle?

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
The way we are playing recently, I cant see much difference between us and the bottom teams. We fortunately have some points on the board but it won't take much to see them eroded if the bottom teams get a few good results and us the opposite. So will we enter the relegation battle? I hope not but it can easily happen

worc_wolf

Reaction score
It's not out the question but we already have 20 points we will be fine

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way we are playing recently, I cant see much difference between us and the bottom teams. We fortunately have some points on the board but it won't take much to see them eroded if the bottom teams get a few good results and us the opposite. So will we enter the relegation battle? I hope not but it can easily happen
Isn’t it more reasonable for me to ask you if you are being premature about relegation than not?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By the "way we are playing recently", I take it you mean between the 15th and 80th minutes last night?

People are outdoing themselves this year, they really are

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we have Jekyll & hyde and not all hyde performances we will finish mid table

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah no chance get a grip!

We're in a transitional season a lot of the squad additions has been with the future in mind and not this season (which is fine as long as they don't start panicking like some of the fanbase) and it'll be pretty indifferent and inconsistent all season I expect.

No excuses last night was poor, the performance how we set up and pretty much everything.

BUT part of a transitional type of season will always be trying things that don't work.....last night didn't work spectacularly so they (and Nuno) must learn from it and move on.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We already have more points than the Albion are going to get so we should be OK for 19th at least. Pitiful.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the most likely thing is that we will continue having an up and down season and finish in mid table. Personally I can't see much better that at the moment and I'm certainly not going to say 100% definitively that it couldn't end up worse. Well not after last night anyway.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We beat Chelsea game before last by coming from 1 goal down. Proper going down from mate.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't go down however if the striking and midfield goal issues are not sorted in January with new signings it'll probably be a horrible season of struggles.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extremely unlikely.

We're only six points off the top four and ten points above the relegation zone. I don't think we'll be concerned with either one at the end of the season.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think i put us down for a 14th place finish in the predicted final table thread, no reason to change my mind, however i didnt expect our defence to become as porous as it seems nowadays.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said before the start of the season placement 12 for us.
I see no reasons changing that given the present facts.
We won´t even be in a relegation fight.
In order for us to move forward from this our central midfield needs a complete overhaul plus that we need a decent RWB plus a quality central defender..as I see it.
We get Jonny and Raul back on top of that...we gonna rock and we gonna roll.
Over to Fosun,Mendes and Nuno.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
by my calculations we have the same number of points at this stage of the season as we did last season, so based on that no

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without a couple of first team additions in January I can’t see us finishing in the top 10. I think we’ll end up around 12th.

D

Deleted member 5910

A team would have survived with 35 points in each of the last four seasons, so we are already 57% of the way towards that target after barely a third of the season gone. We will survive easily, but I can see us in among that pack of Palace, Newcastle, Burnley etc looking over their shoulders but rarely looking up at what might be.

WolfPaul

Reaction score
Dear me.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A team would have survived with 35 points in each of the last four seasons, so we are already 57% of the way towards that target after barely a third of the season gone. We will survive easily, but I can see us in among that pack of Palace, Newcastle, Burnley etc looking over their shoulders but rarely looking up at what might be.
The first sentence is factual. I hope that the second sentence is wrong but fear after last night that it might be correct.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt it.
Would be a really serious implode.
I’ll settle for mid/lower table.
We then have time to sort out the mess. But just what that entails is anyone’s guess.....

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I first started following wolves at the end of the 70s as a young kid and have lived through the club's free fall to the fourth division and then being stuck for an eternity in the first (second) division. I also of course experienced us fall from the prem directly to the third in consequetive years just a few years ago. So I am a humble fan that expects the worst and hopes for the best. Maybe I haven't truly believed that we are an established Premier league club yet and that the dream will die soon. Such is the disappointment that I have suffered as a wolves fan in the past.
I have read many ****y replies to this thread from fans who have dismissed out of hand the possibility that we may get dragged into a relegation battle. But long term fans know that they should stay humble because Wolves are really capable of anything. It's in our DNA. LOL.
But seriously there is a thin line between success and failure. Look at Sheffield United. A bad run could be hard to snap out of and before you know it, we could find ourselves in a bad situation.
Maybe I'm just a born pessimist. Or supporting wolves through the past few disappointing decades have made me like this.
Are other such old fans of similar mind?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bookies have us at 50/1 not that they always get it right as I got 16/1 a week after Saunders became manager. If you have any doubts stick £10 as insurance!

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ, imagine being an Arsenal fan right now. They’ve no experience as a fan base of relegation and battling to stay up.

We are in our 3rd season of being in the premier league, and have joined the large group within the league that are trying to break into the top six. This mini league is so close and a couple of results has you bouncing up and down the table. To top it all off we are in the middle of a pandemic, something none of us have experienced.

The fact that people are already calling us an established team in the league speaks volumes. But people’s expectations are getting a little ahead of themselves. Dream by all means, but at least try and remain some reality.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way I see it is we're in a similar situation to KJ's 3rd season, albeit in a division higher. 3rd season in the Pl, recruitment/funds has declined (negative net spend in the summer) , selling/losing top players to other clubs/injury. Dull football, and we're at the point at questioning where we're going and where we're heading. Don't think we'll be in a battle at the bottom but it all looks very midtable and increasingly boring tbh in the short term

Reactions: Ian

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This might not look as stupid in three games time...

In truth, I don't think we will go down. The Chelsea result gave us breathing space, and I expect a striker to arrive in January.

Also, this team would be a nightmare for others if we did get sucked in. We can get a result anywhere and Nuno's defensive organisation is superb when it needs to be.

Expect a 10th-15th place finish.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way I see it is we're in a similar situation to KJ's 3rd season, albeit in a division higher. 3rd season in the Pl, recruitment/funds has declined (negative net spend in the summer) , selling/losing top players to other clubs/injury. Dull football, and we're at the point at questioning where we're going and where we're heading. Don't think we'll be in a battle at the bottom but it all looks very midtable and increasingly boring tbh in the short term
Last night was disappointing but comparing Fosun as owners to Scouse the Builder? WTF. Where does the net negative spend come from? All of the evidence l've seen say that is BS.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last night was disappointing but comparing Fosun as owners to Scouse the Builder? WTF. Where does the net negative spend come from? All of the evidence l've seen say that is BS.

I simply see it as the club have hit a crossroads. Only 18 months ago Jeff was talking aboht being a world class club, being bigger than Man City etc etc. It's clear that since then expectations have been tempered. Surely that's obvious? Nothing on ground redevelopment for example.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all. But if you're genuinely thinking along these lines, and think we are, you might want to find a new hobby for the next week. We could easily lose to both Spurs and Man Utd - they are after all two of the better teams in the league. At which point you will get very, very twitchy I'm sure.

We had 20 points after 14 games last season, you know. Less the season before. They worked out OK. :)

Back
Top Bottom