Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Are there any fans more ungrateful than Wolves fans?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't really hold to the theory that fans of particular clubs have a particular mind set, however some of the stuff on here today has done my head in. If we don't sign anyone tonight (and I still think we will) I will still be grateful for Fosun for bringing in some great talent and a fantastic manager to get the best out of them.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a product of the town.

People love a moan, they need something to be despair about. Part of the DNA.

D

Deleted member 3518

I don't really hold to the theory that fans of particular clubs have a particular mind set, however some of the stuff on here today has done my head in. If we don't sign anyone tonight (and I still think we will) I will still be grateful for Fosun for bringing in some great talent and a fantastic manager to get the best out of them.

Me too, but many will have their pitch forks out and ready to build a bonfire with Nuno & Fosun on top, truly incredible!:mad:

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happens when the 3 year plan doesn't work? Do they **** off?

optimuswolf

Reaction score
I don't think its ungrateful to expect to end the window with more than one striker.

I think many would not have been happy with dicko and bonatini, and many expected a 10m level player to come in, which might have been asking a bit much given FFP. But one striker and some talking of playing costa as the central forward...

Lets wait until 11pm to draw final conclusions. If theres no striker at all will be a huge blow to our season.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont expect miracles but we have needed a striker for two years. Now we have just one left plus some who can turn their hand to the job

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Me too, but many will have their pitch forks out and ready to build a bonfire with Nuno & Fosun on top, truly incredible!:mad:

Not worth worrying really, I shouldn't get cross - all the biggest culprits on here spent a year writing, anyone but Jackett, then anyone but Morgan (which was correct!), next it will be Shi is clueless. It's just a form of therapy for some I guess.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just asking....some of the responses on here are shocking. Just because we've got super rich owners and we not signing everybody and anybody!! Have people forgot where we were under the last regime and how far we have come? I'm sure the powers that be know what they are doing!?
In answer to the threads question. Yes, arsenal fans. Three fa cups in 4 years and they hate the manager.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know enough in depth about other team's fans, but, going by attendances, I don't think it's true about Wolves fans overall, just the ones on MM, which includes a disproportionate % of fans living in other countries and other parts of the UK, as it's a way we can keep in touch. That group, because of our mobility, tends to be better educated and more opinionated, but that includes having inflated expectations.

optimuswolf

Reaction score
I dont expect miracles but we have needed a striker for two years. Now we have just one left plus some who can turn their hand to the job

Cav would not work as a striker imho. Zyro I'm not sure about, but he is incredibly rusty after a massive injury.

And from what I have seen of Bonatini he is more upper midtable champ than a player who is going to get 20 goals in a promoted side.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very Grateful for all the defenders and midfielders that's been great. I'd have even been happy with no striker or CM coming in but you have to question why we have got rid of Dicko, Edwards, Graham, Mason and Wilson without any plan to replace. Thats all in the last week or so. We have just found out Boly is injured we have no idea when Costa will be back. We are a couple more injuries away here from regretting these sales and ****ing up all the momentum we have built up. Ludicrous this is no way to conduct business.

Last edited:
S

ShropshireLad

What happens if we don't get to the Prem in the 3 years time frame then?
Tone (I'm a Tone too :cool:) I ain't Mystic Meg. Three years is three years. That's what they said. We are a work in progress and an assessment can only be made after three years.

D

Deleted member 4008

Ask yourself one question op which team in the history of the championship have got promoted with one recognised striker in their squad.

Then look at how many times fans have said we need a ******* striker to get deadline day and have 2 hours 45 minutes to sign one.

Bonatini gets injured before December we playing a 5-5 formation ?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As someone said above, we have needed a centre forward for 2 years.

Watching every club in our division sign two, three top forwards at this level.. we are hardly demanding the moon.. and even Laurie said we would get players from their if necessary.

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Ask yourself one question op which team in the history of the championship have got promoted with one recognised striker in their squad.

Then look at how many times fans have said we need a ******* striker to get deadline day and have 2 hours 45 minutes to sign one.

Yes I agree but don't you think they have thought of that?

S

ShropshireLad

I understand that we gave a medical to someone who's club accepted £11 million but they reneged. What can Fosun do? Bend over a barrel and be shafted?

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How after the money they have spent you can still doubt what they're doing I don't know. If we miss out today we go again in January, I don't see the issue.
We say that every season to be fair. So we're after strikers and we can't get one. Does that mean we are ok without signing one? Still time left tonight though hopefully.

E

Essex Wolf

Depends on your POV re the OP but I'm not ungrateful but surprised. I'm grateful Fosun took over and chuffed to see the back of Morgan and Moxey but surprised after such good business the club seem to be messing up right now. Still time left but the clocks counting.

R

reanswolf

Its not easy to acquire players, there are no guarantees.
I'm very grateful to FOSUN whatever happens this window.

Back
Top Bottom