Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Applause at 6 minutes for Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf in Wednesbury

Reaction score
Because: you can clap all you like, and perhaps feel good about that, but to do something meaningful about it IS political. It ahs to be. Or else you don't really care so don't ****ing clap.

So it's impossible to divorce the suggestion we clap from what we're clapping for. Unless, and I hate to be crass here, you're just clapping to only celebrate this babbie's life and nothing more? It's not an either/or situation but... (do you know what I'm feeling provoked now so I'll just say it, and I hate politics on t'internet, it's just shouting): if you vote for a party inclined to reduce taxation and spending on public services then don't be surprised if those public services (including CHILDRENS services) are not up to scratch. It's not even complex economics like those needed to appreciate austerity made no sense at all (e.g. domestic economics are different to national ones?!?) it's as simple as: if you pay for a cheapo service you'll get a cheapo service. And kids will fall through the cracks. And the most vulnerable kids will suffer...
I will as you put it “****ing” clap tomorrow and no it won’t make me feel better …. I’m just showing a bit of respect for a local little lad that’s been killed in an abhorrent manner.

I suppose if Jeremy Corbyn was in charge none of this would’ve happened :rolleyes:

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
This minutes applause should never have been required.

I hope the systematic failings what have ultimately lead to the death of this poor boy are addressed and those in charge of the social services involved are dismissed and never work in that sector again.

I'm guessing they will "learn from there failures"
Staff shortages, impossible workloads, care system bursting at the seams, broken families in abundance, I could go on, you are right it should never have happened, but this sort of thing goes on daily in thousands of houses, by horrible bullying adults, not enough powers for these children to be taken away, yes if i suspected this was happening to mine, id move heaven & earth to keep them safe, but a lot is covered up

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
An absolute horror story but unfortunately not that rare. The Social Services need a serious shake up and even if some draconian measures have to be implemented to safeguard some kids then so be it. I’ll applaud but in my heart I just know it will happen again to some poor kid.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truth is as thirty thousand people in a stadium, we can't do anything to help the situation, collection or not. But what we can do is acknowledge this little lad and if that acknowledgement helps one or two who are in a position to do something to help prevent tragic situations like this occurring again, then it's a good thing

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will as you put it “****ing” clap tomorrow and no it won’t make me feel better …. I’m just showing a bit of respect for a local little lad that’s been killed in an abhorrent manner.

I suppose if Jeremy Corbyn was in charge none of this would’ve happened :rolleyes:
You sarcastically suppose wrong, sadly: I'm no Corbynite, the lad was unelectable and poison for British politics, but if someone with similar but better articulated ideas about public services had come to power we might now have a well-funded system for protecting children, rather than the shambles we have now.

'****ing' clap away, but also reflect on your decisions as we all should eh? I promise you, I'm not one of your middle class, socially liberal types but I can see (given where I work) where a party are decimating and asset stripping rather than investing...

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I agree there is under funding, it doesn’t change the fact this should never of happened. It’s nothing to do with politics but vile, evil, scum of the earth parents. Hope they get what’s coming to them, it’s incomprehensible what they did.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truth is as thirty thousand people in a stadium, we can't do anything to help the situation, collection or not. But what we can do is acknowledge this little lad and if that acknowledgement helps one or two who are in a position to do something to help prevent tragic situations like this occurring again, then it's a good thing
How will it help those one or two? Materially, spiritually, financially, how?

Who are these one or two btw? Directors of Childrens Services? If so, what they need is resources. Not one worker with 30 cases, but maybe 3, with 10 each, who they can get to know and form a constructive relationship with. This is largely about resources but everyone seems to be dodging that?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I agree there is under funding, it doesn’t change the fact this should never of happened. It’s nothing to do with politics but vile, evil, scum of the earth parents. Hope they get what’s coming to them, it’s incomprehensible what they did.
I hope they get filled in in prison. **** em, the vile *******s.

But it is also about funding, which IS related to politics...

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having had our first son die at birth, and with our second son now 6 years old himself, this news when I heard it made my stomach judder and my mind go blank. No words for it. There'll certainly be a clap or ten for the poor soul 6 minutes in from me.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t give a **** what people think of me, I’ll be clapping.

Just like I stay quiet for 2 minutes every 11/11, I can’t change much but I can show I care
I'm with you.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having had our first son die at birth, and with our second son now 6 years old himself, this news when I heard it made my stomach judder and my mind go blank. No words for it. There'll certainly be a clap or ten for the poor soul 6 minutes in from me.
I know how you feel. My son's first child lived for a week and then died. Devastating.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who are we? We are the British public. Who are 'the authorities' who have let Arthur down? People who work long hours for low pay because they care? Try looking at their and your political masters
I am not making any more comments on such a sensitive subject.

Goodnight.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t know what this thread was about, so googled it……wish I hadn’t.
Just horrible.

Many years ago, a friend of ours was a child’s social worker who conscience and heart was in the right place but she paid for it emotionally by the things she saw and sometimes having to get the court to have a child removed from the home by court order. Really pained her.
She never had a good week like the rest of us on a Fri. night at a party etc. She could never switch off.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen this thread and having my first grandchild born 2 weeks ago today this story has resonated through our house this past couple of days. If I had the chance to stand these 2 *******s up against a wall I would willingly volunteer to pull the trigger. Having a new born in the house is a privilege and a truly wondrous, special thing and all children deserve the love, protection and care from their parents. There is so much I could say but perhaps best not to. I hope they ****ing rot in hell.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
It is a tragic a despicable example of what some humans are capable of. But it has nothing to do with football and should be left that way

When I croak, regardless of the circumstances, I insist that everyone is left alone to enjoy the game without being badgered to clap for no ****ing reason whatsoever.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's that gonna do? Like clapping for the NHS. I work for them, and I've no problem with my wages or working conditions. They're fine ta. The problem is with under-funding of services, from 2007 onwards.

Instead of the inane act of clapping: please take time to have a look at which political party is promising to invest in Children's services and CAMHS, then vote for them. This isn't a partisan suggestion, if you're a Scot please go vote for them nationalist ****ers.

When I started working in CAMHS 10 or so years ago, our team numbered 25, it's now 10. That's against rising numbers of children with mental health difficulties. That's the child and adolescent mental health side of things, social care was absolutely decimated during austerity. And it was frankly dire even before that. These things will occasionally just happen but at the moment all the old protections aren't there. I might clap but let's remember there are things we can do to protect aginst this sort of aberration.
Thank you to you and your colleagues in CAMHS, you have been a godsend over the years for me and my other half, in relation to our very special young son.
Keep up the good work, you're certainly appreciated here.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How will it help those one or two? Materially, spiritually, financially, how?

Who are these one or two btw? Directors of Childrens Services? If so, what they need is resources. Not one worker with 30 cases, but maybe 3, with 10 each, who they can get to know and form a constructive relationship with. This is largely about resources but everyone seems to be dodging that?
Because it needs someone who can make a difference to make a difference. If it's down to resources, then the resources are decided by someone or some group

I can't do anything about it on a personal level and most likely neither can you, but some people have scope to

Last edited:

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Locked rather than moved to politics thread so more people are aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom