Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Antonio Valencia

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leaving United in the summer to pursue first team action. Most likely go to China but if he still has the desire to play in this country he would be a fantastic back up / upgrade to Doc.

Antonio Valencia: Manchester United captain set to leave club in summer

Has been out for a lot of this season injured but completed 28 and 31 games in the previous 2 seasons so not a crock. Still ‘only’ 33.

A year ago I’d have thought we have no chance of signing him. Now we’re aiming to be ‘best of the rest’ we’re a more attractive proposition. Would he get in ahead of Azpilicueta? Trent Arnold? Tripper? Maybe Bellerin at Arsenal but after that we’re his next best option!

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just thought the same thing when i saw the story about him.

D

Deleted member 4184

Not good enough.

Was a decent player in the past. Not now. Heavily relied on his pace and he's lost it.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Will be 34 when next season starts.

As free and cheap cover for a consistent Doc it would be a no-brainer for a season......does he care for 2nd fiddle though??

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said in the OP he’s not that injury prone. Check his stats

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
LOL - it's true though - we need hungry players who are out to prove something. Not players who are looking a for a nice retirement project.

Could have easily tarred Moutinho with the same brush. Older player, won everything he could wish to win, why would he come to Wolves?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isnt the sort of signing we will go for in my opinion.

E

E is for idiot.

Not for me. I don't think he would replace Doherty and I don't think he would be willing to be a back up. If we are bringing in a right wing back next season I want it to be someone better than Doherty. As much as I like him, we need to be improving the first team, not improving the back ups. The only way we move forward is by improving our first team. Valencia wouldn't do that.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Decent back up
A proper wing back and not a full back
Depends on salary but decent for 12 months.
We may have to be judicious in some positions to be able to spend the money in others .

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Injury prone 30 something on massive wages? Surely West Ham will snap him up?!

You could have said that about Denis Irwin back in 2002 Jade!

Look how good he was for his age and injury problems.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a very predictable player imo. Also having lost that yard of pace he relied upon means he isn’t as effective as he was. Would have been a yes from me prior to this season

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a Wolves style signing these days.

Only seem to sign 30+ players if they’re way above the standard we already have: Moutinho, Rui Patricio

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need players good enough to be able to start a game, not more bench warmers.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance. His career is on a rapid downward trajectory. If we sign backup for Doherty it needs to be a youngster who will improve.

I would remind you all the season before we signed Oleg Luzny he played 30 games for a very good Arsenal side and was MOTM in the FA Cup final. As back up he soon lost match fitness and as a result when called upon was an embarrassment to cart horses.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No thanks. There’s nothing left of the player he was.
Used to have electric pace and stamina, and used it to deliver decent crosses.

Now he can’t. Makes some space, turns, lays it off backwards every time, which we all love from wide players ;)

Back
Top Bottom