Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Another Sharp thread.

E

Essex Wolf

Swap deal

Yes I know it's yet another one but felt this story really did deserve its very own thread.

Just where do people get this stuff from?

With Wolves already having 5 forwards, and as I've said elsewhere, can't see MM signing him unless a current Wolves forward leaves. This however indicates Seyi would go to Sheff Utd:rolleyes: The club needs quality in midfield and for me Seyi is a quality player on his day.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes - what a stupid idea. If Sharp has been crap for his home town team, who have underachieved this season so far, then no way.

H

Hatch End Wolf

Olo is off to Africa for weeks / months next year. Not much use for their relegation battle!

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sharp has hardly had a chance at Sheff Utd and anyway I wouldn't trust Robson to get the best out of anybody. He's been kept out by Beattie mainly. Although of different build, they are both essentially box players and Billy boy is not seen as a good foil for a Beattie type striker, hence why Webber and Stead have been preferred; people who will run the channels and drift wide, a bit like Keogh. Imv if Beattie were not there then Sharp would be playing, and most likely scoring, regularly. He's been unfortunate and will probably end up moving on

P

Paul76

As if MM would let Seyi go to United. He'd get murdered by the fans for letting him go.

They can have Potter.

Welwyn Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Mick recently said that George was one of the best central midfielders in the Championship. There is no way he would let him move on to one of our rivals.

Also, after the Albion match Mick was asked if he was worried about Premiership clubs looking at Hennessey. In his reply he stated that he would expect bigger clubs to be looking at Kightly and Olofinjana too.

McCarthy obviously rates Seyi very highly.

P

Paul76

With all respect to Mr Sharp he's unproven at this level. Seyi is proven in this league and Imo would do a much better job in the Premiership than he does in this league.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
george would fetch £3-4m, sharp cost them 2m and for whatever reason has flopped. A straight swop would make no sense at all.

B

Bilston_Wolf

If they would take Potter i'll drive him there personally.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
who makes this stuff up? olo is the best midfielder at the club by some distance and sharp would be a gamble, but why would sheffield want to unload him so quickly?

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
olo is a better all round player than the others in midfield at the moment, gibson, davies and kites have the potential.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listen Essex, there must be more original ways to irritate leedswolf than keep inventing "new" Sharp threads.;)

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's give them Potter and call it a deal shall we.

B

Black Suit

Let's give Sharp a go, 'cos we can't score enough goals, and that is indeed a FACT.

M

Mugwump

I cant really see how sharp has flopped for sheff utd when he really hasnt had a run in the team. I just dont think robson rates him.

R

reanswolf

i know essentially they are all midfielders but kites (on the wing) and olo (in the engine room) should perform entirely different roles .

So they are not comparable. Wonder if wes hoolohan at blackpool would be worth trying to get?

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
george would fetch £3-4m, sharp cost them 2m and for whatever reason has flopped. A straight swop would make no sense at all.
There is no way that Olo would fetch £4m. IMO £2m tops if we saw them comimg.

E

Essex Wolf

With Sharp having been virtually ignored and not having had the chance to improve on his worth then should Wolves sign him on a permanent deal I expect to see it be for less han the £2M SUFC paid.

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's absolutely pointless buying Sharp. We have 2 or 3 forwards who are exactly the same sort of player, and he's done nothing in this league.

If it was up to me, I would put in a bid for Adebola. Big guy who wins absolutely everything in the air, absolutely harasses defenders, and can also score goals and has done in this division for a few seasons. Shouldn't cost much either, as Coventry can't really turn down any serious bids, especially if they go into administration.

It's a moot point anyway, as McCarth won't buy any more strikers this season IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Essex Wolf

It's absolutely pointless buying Sharp. We have 2 or 3 forwards who are exactly the same sort of player, and he's done nothing in this league.

If it was up to me, I would put in a bid for Adebola. Big guy who wins absolutely everything in the air, absolutely harasses defenders, and can also score goals and has done in this division for a few seasons. Shouldn't cost much either, as Coventry can't really turn down any serious bids, especially if they go into administration.

It's a moot point anyway, as McCarth won't buy any more strikers this season IMO.

Thing is Bear Sharp hasn't been given the chance to prove himself in the CCC so none of us know if he can or can't do what most of the current Wolves forwards are failing to do anyway.

D

Dewsburywolf

Sharpe and Keogh worked well together at S****horpe ( admittedly lower level ) so could work well together at Wolves. Would have to offload Bothroyd and S.Ward, would that be a loss? Maybe even drop Eastwood to accomodate the Partnership. Is it a risk worth taking? Or would Eastwood have the bottle to play Second Fiddle? Theoretical I know but .......

C

cooper_J

No thank you, not for the figures quoted.

Loan until the end of the season to see if they (Keogh and Sharp) can recreate their partnership.

D

Dewsburywolf

They're not gonna Loan him out though are they? Especially to a team that'll be vying to go up at their expense. Not even Robson's that stupid.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right Stewarton and at almost twice the price we were prepared to pay at the beginning of the season!

Back
Top Bottom