Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Andy Murray...

W

wolfyjoe

I'd love him to win. I feel a closer connection with Murray than Federer. Murray's British. I don't think he'll win but he's got a great chance.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he wins he British if he loses he's Scottish!

M

Mister Rabbit

Prize for the first idiot to use Murray's flippant comment years ago to claim he hates England.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he wins it, dont massively like the guy but hope he does it.

Federer has had his time and would be nice if he didnt win it for the 7th time.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Would love him to win it, the mens doubles have just finished, and a well deserved win for another Brit Marray, wild card entry, good match too.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he wins but I do think Federer will beat him.

D

Dewsburywolf

Would love him to win it, the mens doubles have just finished, and a well deserved win for another Brit Marray, wild card entry, good match too.

Yorkshireman

Tomorrow Andy Murray will achieve something that Tim Henman never did = lose in a Wimbledon Final

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happens he has done brilliantly. He has a chance against Federer and if he wins will deserve every ounce of the adulation he will get, not to mention the riches that will follow. He has already been in three Slam Finals at the age of 25 and is an enormous talent. He may not be charm personified and come across as an awkward Scot but in this generation of tennis geniuses (the top 3) to have achieved No.4 in the world is already a magnificent achievement.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I think for the 1st time ever he struggled with his emotions after the semi, he really was moved and ready to burst into tears, if he does win I think the tears will flow.
Come on Andy......

Good day infront of the telly tomorrow, F1 at 1pm then Andy, lets just hope we can see 2 home wins.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two foreigners in the final, couldn't care less which one wins. I do think Murray will beat Federer though.

J

johnybig32

My mate reckons him and his mom look like Beavis and Butthead!

C

cooper_J

I'd like him to win.

I have to say, I find his lack of personality strangely refreshing. At least he doesn't speak in cliches and soundbites like most modern day sports people.

An example being when he was asked how he felt putting his parents through the anguish of the semi final "I'm not really bothered."

He's far less irritating than Tim Henman that's for sure. 'Tiger Tim'? Do me a favour.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

johnybig32

images

images

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant understand all the furore about him being British and if you are British you should support him, and those on the other side who say because he is Scottish they hate him.

I never call myself British and find it odd that I have to on occasion - passport etc.

Because of that I am like the poster above (its two foreigners playing) and will probably watch but am not bothered who wins.

C

cooper_J

I cant understand all the furore about him being British and if you are British you should support him, and those on the other side who say because he is Scottish they hate him.

I never call myself British and find it odd that I have to on occasion - passport etc.

Because of that I am like the poster above (its two foreigners playing) and will probably watch but am not bothered who wins.

So where do you stand at the Olympics then?

R

robwolf

I'm English, I honestly don't care how a scot does in competition unless he plays for Wolves!

I do think I would prefer Federer to win though.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So where do you stand at the Olympics then?

To be honest I'm not overly bothered. Certain events I'll take an interest in but, I couldn't count myself as a "fan". As far as I know, Murray is not playing for Britain anyway is he?

C

cooper_J

To be honest I'm not overly bothered. Certain events I'll take an interest in but, I couldn't count myself as a "fan". As far as I know, Murray is not playing for Britain anyway is he?

No but you know what I mean.

I'm just interested. I don't count myself as British either but I'll be supporting team GB at the Olympics.

D

Deleted member 3751

Hope he wins, seems to be copying Fletcher's celebration. They've had a secret bet - if Murray wins Wimbledon, Fletcher has to stay :D

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like him to win, but don't think he will.

T

TonySoprano

On what basis do you dislike him for? Because he "hates" the English? :rolleyes:

No, because he's scottish. It's like cheering an Albion player if one of them made the England team. What's to like about him? :confused:

Come on Federer, smash the jock $$$$. :cool:

L

long ball man

I have blogged on my visit to Wimbledon...stuff on Murray at foot. incl. 'The Queue' #sharapova and exclusivity of the place http://wp.me/pL7dC-aD

Don't really get the ant Scot thing. Mind you establishment was anti Fred Perry because he was from the North and his Dad was a big noise in the Co-Operative movement.

W

WasStefan

No, because he's scottish. It's like cheering an Albion player if one of them made the England team. What's to like about him? :confused:

Come on Federer, smash the jock $$$$. :cool:
So you don't cheer Scottish players when they put the Wolves shirt on? Get real!

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he wins, going to be tough though.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Murray looking like A man whobelongs. One thing though, what is beckham and hsi stupid wife doing in the royal box when alex ferguson who's a sir, is in with the general public. Hopefuly that's saf decision in that he was offered a seat in the box but refused. Obviiusly the beckhams (ex pop group dancer and average footballer) will lap that type of $$$$ up.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

johnybig32

Anyone else watching lost their HD service? And 3D service?

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No but you know what I mean.

I'm just interested. I don't count myself as British either but I'll be supporting team GB at the Olympics.

I was trying to be facetious with the first part, I wasn't 100% sure to be honest. I'll support team GB in the Olympics without really being too interested. Funnily enough, finding myself wanting Murray to win - strange how sometimes you don't know until its actually on!

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure most of us have more Scottish DNA than Swiss. Go on Murray - need to get your confidence back as I write ...

W

WasStefan

Murray looking like A man whobelongs. One thing though, what is beckham and hsi stupid wife doing in the royal box when alex ferguson who's a sir, is in with the general public. Hopefuly that's saf decision in that he was offered a seat in the box but refused. Obviiusly the beckhams (ex pop group dancer and average footballer) will lap that type of $$$$ up.

Average footballer? One of the funniest things I've read on here for a while.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Murray is going to lose this.

M

Mister Rabbit

Want Murray to win, but have always loved watching Federer, especially when you compare him to that dullard Sampras, who I wouldn't have watched if you'd paid me!

D

Dewsburywolf

If Federer wins he goes to number one in the World rankings (much like the Polish woman would've done had she won yesterday) Murray's the same age (give or take) as Nadal & Djockovic (spelling??) but nowhere near as good as they are

W

WasStefan

If Federer wins he goes to number one in the World rankings (much like the Polish woman would've done had she won yesterday) Murray's the same age (give or take) as Nadal & Djockovic (spelling??) but nowhere near as good as they are

I bet you watch tennis week in week out

Back
Top Bottom