Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Andy Keogh - Is there a way back?

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry if its been mentioned before but AK seems very much a part of pre-season activities with no mention of being sold..has he convinced MM he can cut it in the PL?

D

Dorset DeWolf

no, was not good enough to consistently play in the chamipnship, not even worth mentioning as a premiership player

J

Jamesjh89

I think mick feels that there must be something there for him to constantly get selected for ireland, but no cant see him coming off the bench over seb

W

Westport Wolf

Andy Keogh is a young player who is still learning. Such short memories some peole have. He scored important goals for us in the championship and has scored for us in the Prem. He didn't do so well at Cardiff as they had an embarrassment of strikers and attacking midfielders last season, mainly on loan from Premier League clubs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Andy Keogh has scored for Wolves at every level and has also scored for Ireland at international level, including on his debut. He might not be in the first 11 every week, but he can still do a job for us.

I sometimes wonder why we're called 'supporters'.

R

RedWolf

It's a shame really as he did have the potential to be a top player, however he's just too weak on the ball so I would have to agree and say no.

D

dazmanwolf

andy keogh is a young player who is still learning. Such short memories some peole have. He scored important goals for us in the championship and has scored for us in the prem. He didn't do so well at cardiff as they had an embarrassment of strikers and attacking midfielders last season, mainly on loan from premier league clubs.

I've said it before and i'll say it again... Andy keogh has scored for wolves at every level and has also scored for ireland at international level, including on his debut. He might not be in the first 11 every week, but he can still do a job for us.

+1

S

SaleWolf

Andy Keogh is a young player who is still learning. Such short memories some peole have. He scored important goals for us in the championship and has scored for us in the Prem. He didn't do so well at Cardiff as they had an embarrassment of strikers and attacking midfielders last season, mainly on loan from Premier League clubs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Andy Keogh has scored for Wolves at every level and has also scored for Ireland at international level, including on his debut. He might not be in the first 11 every week, but he can still do a job for us.

Oh come on man.

Keogh has a scoring record that a number 11 batsman would be ashamed of.

He isn't good enough. Sometimes, no matter how nice a person is, if they aren't up to the job, you part company with them.

Even Mick Mccarthy, who has a long history of holding onto sub standard players because he likes them as a person, kicked him out the door on loan last year.

D

Dragonwolf

OMFG here we go again, I wish to God we could get rid of AK, not just because he isn't good enough (which tbf he isn't) but to stop threads like this one being rehashed every few weeks

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
omfg here we go again, i wish to god we could get rid of ak, not just because he isn't good enough (which tbf he isn't) but to stop threads like this one being rehashed every few weeks

+100000

B

Bostin

With strikers, the clue is in the name. They are strikers, and Keogh is more often than not, petrified to shoot for fear of missing.

K

kaohsiungwolf

Has supporting WWFC and its players become some kind of communist regime?

Last time I checked they were a football club and it wasn't beyond the realms of acceptability to be dissident without being accused of not supporting the club? Be realistic please.

M

Mugwump

Keogh at age 25 cant be classed as a youngster anymore. He should be striving to cement his place in somebodys first team at his age. At 25, he should know enough about the game by now. Too fragile mentally imo to make it in the Premier League which is a shame as i do think he has good ability.

R

Redditch Wolves

Hrmmmmmmm not a chance. He went out on loan last year and was awful in the Championship.

In quite simple terms he could not hit the side of a parked boeing 747 at Heathrow Aiport.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keogh for me is rooted at the top of pile of players we need to get rid of.

Never was and never will be good enough for this level.

We wil be lucky to get our money back.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hrmmmmmmm not a chance. He went out on loan last year and was awful in the Championship.

In quite simple terms he could not hit the side of a parked boeing 747 at Heathrow Aiport.

Or a broken down A320. Painted fluorescent yellow. In 5 square miles of space.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andy keogh - is there a way back?...

To S****horpe perhaps.

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
No.

He's way back in the pecking order...

Fletcher > Doyle > Blake > Ward > Griffths > Vokes > Keogh

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My feeling was that he was rushed back too soon from injury the season before last. Having said that he does not seem to have impressed last season in the Championship. He is a player who has given excellent service to the club, taken enormous amounts of abuse from some fans and yet in spite of everything took the criticism however unfair as it was on many an occasion. Not as bad as his form last season suggests. If he stays with us he will at best be a squad player, at worst off on loan again.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Worse than Vokes - No.

More suited to playing attacking midfield/wide positions given that we often deploy 4-5-1 /4-3-3 formations than SEB/Vokes - Yes.

Don't get me wrong, I think Andy Keogh should be shown the exit - but shown the exit with gratitude, and on a positive note, as his contribution in getting us promoted is often overlooked by some of the (unnescessary) criticism aimed at him.

But we know how MM likes honest hard-workers, and to answer the poster's question - I think there is a way back as a 4th choice striker.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bridgnorthwolf

Him and Maierhofer are the two players we need rid of the most.

No way should he ever get near the first team.

albell

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I think Andy Keogh should be shown the exit - but shown the exit with gratitude, and on a positive note, as his contribution in getting us promoted is often overlooked by some of the (unnescessary) criticism aimed at him.

This pretty much sums it up for me. Unfortunately I don't think he is good enough for the Prem but he typified a lot of what was good about the club during our 'rebuilding phase' that got us to where we are.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see why this critisicm continues. He isn't the best striker, but he's a good lad by the looks of things. Could sharpen up as a person as poeopple have said he isn't the friendliest with supporters, but then again he may read threads like these where there is constant critisim.

As a player he isn't a naatural goalscorer but he has been around in our progression and is a solid squad player. I wouldn't mind if he stayed as he does have skills to offer and let's be honest he isn't going to start more than 5 games maximum.

It would be best for him to move on to a club in championship where he can regularly start. He is an intelligent player at that level despite him running round like a dope occasionly.

In respone to the original question; there is a way back for him if he sorts himslef out and gives extra effort to please the management.

Whatever he does I wish him all the best and fully believe he can cut it at a relegation surviving team.

T

Toupee4Rae

Other than fleeting glimpses of a decent player, hes utter cack and should be got shot of and quickly. Anyone who thinks elsewise needs a brain scan.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say he's done more to deserve a spot in the 25 than Vokes. I think he's a player that is more than decent enough to be a squad player, but the derision he gets every time he makes one mistake would be enough to shoot anyone's confidence down. As a result he probably doesnt even want the ball when he comes on.

A long time ago it was yes, but the game against Wigan is enough for me to think he can still do a job here and i for one hope he's given the pre-season to prove it.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When on top of his game he is an excellent player. The problem is he only produced performances like that Wigan game once every 3 months or so.
There can't be a way back because as soon as he steps on the pitch we know what will happen.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like quite a few-though perhaps a minority on here-I was disappointed with and for him since the promotion season as I did think he might be one that would make the step up as he was so influential for us in the Championship (not through scoring goals so much as by his energy and movement-he seemed to offer something different)Can't disagree though that he doesnt seem to have been able to cut it for whatever reasons and it really is a long stretch to imagine him having a place in our 25 for this season.I wish him well wherever he may go and thank him for his contribution to our cause.Still think he will be a success in the game but probably not with us.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey, I wonder how many Keogh threads we've had on here over the years? Certainly many more than the number of good games he's had for us! I know we're all getting a bit desperate but bloody hell, Andy Keogh? Let's ship him out to some average CCC side asap before he makes it into our 25!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a big Keogh fan and his contribution to our revival shouldn't be underestimated, but the idiot minority - "fans" who chanted freddy freddy and preferred that waste of skin, helped to ruin the chances of him completely fulfilling his potential, his confidence is gone and I'm afraid he needs to move on. Trouble is the squads looking a bit threadbare now.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a big Keogh fan and his contribution to our revival shouldn't be underestimated, but the idiot minority - "fans" who chanted freddy freddy and preferred that waste of skin, helped to ruin the chances of him completely fulfilling his potential, his confidence is gone and I'm afraid he needs to move on. Trouble is the squads looking a bit threadbare now.
Bloody hell. How long has his confidence been shot for - 3 years?!!!!!!!!

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If he's so weak he lets others ruin his chances of playing at the highest level, perhaps football isn't the game for him.

What's more likely though is he's a mid table championship player who will have good days where he looks like he could make the step up, only to ruin things for himself when he misses sitter after sitter.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well at least he would be cheap.
If we keep, (and play) Keogh and his level of player we may well post another nice profit next year as we prepare for the championship.

I am seriously concerned that next season will be a repeat, or worse to the last.

Keogh on his way back?? Give me a break!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been a scapegoat for a long time and certain morons can not adjust their prejudices, had he been supported in the same way others were things may have turned out differently, we'll never know.

A bit of a mute point now anyway, he's miles behind Doyle and Fletch and fallen behind SEB after making a better fist of the first prem season.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fallen behind SEB??

Has he ever been anything but behind SEB?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fallen behind SEB??

Has he ever been anything but behind SEB?

He adjusted to the prem better than SEB in 2OO9/1O until his injury, neither of them are as good as Fletcher and Doyle.

I've already said I think Keogh should go.

Back
Top Bottom