Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

An apology

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Up to now I've treated those who have slagged off/bad mouthed Dave Whelan formerly of Blackburn Rovers and now of Wigan Athletic with a great deal of scepticism. After all the tackle he suffered at the FA Cup Final way back then ended his football career.
I'm currently reading 'A Different Shade of Green - The Alan McLoughlin Story', in which McLoughlin discusses his treatment by Whelan after he suffers injury.
It is extremely difficult to feel any sympathy for Whelan when he is capable of behaving in such a manner. One would have thought that an individual who suffered an injury that ended his career would be more sympathetic to those who suffered an injury.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Up to now I've treated those who have slagged off/bad mouthed Dave Whelan formerly of Blackburn Rovers and now of Wigan Athletic with a great deal of scepticism. After all the tackle he suffered at the FA Cup Final way back then ended his football career.
I'm currently reading 'A Different Shade of Green - The Alan McLoughlin Story', in which McLoughlin discusses his treatment by Whelan after he suffers injury.
It is extremely difficult to feel any sympathy for Whelan when he is capable of behaving in such a manner. One would have thought that an individual who suffered an injury that ended his career would be more sympathetic to those who suffered an injury.

Can you expand on that please W.i.L?

D

Deleted member 3518

I thought you were suggesting an apology was in order after he took Leon of our hands.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whelans career wasn't ended by the tackle, he went on to play another 115 games or so for Crewe

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ten games into his time at Wigan, in a game against Bristol Rovers, McLaughlin slipped a disc in his lower back. It left him in excruciating pain. On the following Monday he went to the Physio's where Whelan happened to be when he arrived. While according to McLoughlin he was struggling to walk, Whelan did not believe he was injured and initially insisted that McLaughlin should pay for the scan that he would require. Whelan eventually only agreed to pay for the scan if it showed up an injury. The incident appears to have coloured Whelan's attitude to McLaughlin, eventually forcing out of the club despite have paid £250k for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In those days Ironfistedmonk, Crewe was the end of your career, they and Rochdale always seemed to be applying for re-election every season.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In those days Ironfistedmonk, Crewe was the end of your career, they and Rochdale always seemed to be applying for re-election every season.

I know they aren't glamour clubs but whenever the tackle is mentioned it is usually preceded by career ending which isn't true, it was a $$$$ career though :D

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never knew Whelan had broken his leg.

This is whqt $$$$es me off about football... Nobody ever tells us anything.

Back
Top Bottom