Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

All won

O

Orbital Wolves

I think the heartache of another play off defeat would finally put me in my box

Bad news, I think we're due defeat in a final

Aldershot in Div 4 was last time we lost a final. Before then, must be Spurs in 1972 UEFA Cup final (someone correct me?)

LC finals 1974 & 80
SVT 1988
Cardiff 2003

O

Orbital Wolves

I'm so convinced that I'm already preparing my boy for it, telling him it'll be nice to see Wolves at Wembley but it's all part of the plan because we've got a young side which will bounce back from PO heartache to win auto next season

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ipswich have a tough run of fixtures....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Bradders

Saw a fair few fans moaning on Twitter that we hadn't gained on other teams. Well with everyone winning it's more important we match them! Better to be ending the night +3 on the GD and keeping the gap the same than falling further behind :)

With the games left between all teams up there there's plenty of chances to close the gap in the coming 2.5 months. We just need to maintain a 2pt a game average and we should be fine. It's going to be a more exciting run-in than I was expecting us to be facing 12 months ago!

F

FLEET WOLF

We've got 7th written all over us. Hugely frustrating.

Yes, I keep thinking that, but who knows, one or two of the teams at the top will start to panic and slide-I fancy Bournemouth to do that and possibly Watford.

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had a horrible feeling for ages that those dreadful sendings-off against Bournemouth could be the difference between a play-off place and just missing it out.

We'd only be 2 points behind them if we'd have won that one.

Echo's of the Villa game in the Premiership, one many of us look back on as a turning point in our (unsuccessful) season.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7th would be a fantastic result for us this season. It'd be awful just the same like but progress non the less. Keep marching on though lads and who know's where we'll end up!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will imv pay the price for not strengthening more in January or even now. I can see us reaching 7th but missing out because we lack quality back up in attack and midfield.Very frustrating.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll finish seventh but with a high amount of points like 76 or 77, which any other year would guarantee a play-off place. To me, that would be positive.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will finish top 6 IMO , just keep going lads , we are within 5 points of 4 teams ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Mr Wolf

We will imv pay the price for not strengthening more in January or even now. I can see us reaching 7th but missing out because we lack quality back up in attack and midfield.Very frustrating.

You can look back on any number of home games but I think the 3-3 Millwall result & the sending off against Bournemouth were the ones that are harder to take. The others are just what happens in this league.

This squad has beaten Norwich, Middlesbrough, Watford, Brentford with Ipswich & Derby to come at home so it has quality & finally a bit of form to take into these games.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Derby, Boro and Norwich nailed on for top 6 for me

So three from

Ipswich
Bournemouth
Watford
Brentford
Wolves

Who will miss out - no idea maybe Brentford and 1 other

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Brentford and Bournemouth. Small time. :p

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will need a minimum of 76 points and more likely 78 + this season which I suspect will be beyond us. We need a couple of teams to slip up badly while we remain pretty consistent.

M

Mr Wolf

But the top 8 are well clear of the pack & it's good to be in amongst them fighting for points rather than having your season pretty much over like the 7 teams below us. Worryingly the teams we play at the end may have something left to play for unless they are already down so that could go either way.

Important not to lose against the teams around us now with 5 of them left to play.

E

Essex Wolf

Derby (h)
Middlesbrough (a)
Ipswich (h)
Watford (h)
Bournemouth (a)

AndI think those 5 games will be paramount Tring.

Not forgetting of course Wolves need to take points from as many games as possible and preferably 3 each game as opposed to 1 but taking as many from the 5 you list could be the difference between making a play off place or not.

Back
Top Bottom