Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion travelling en masse

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading the big fuss about Albion’s travelling away support this weekend.

West Brom set to be backed by biggest away following in the league for more than six years

Such is their good form the fans are pouring out the woodwork to support them with their biggest following in years.

Must be a big number right? Over 5000? 6000+ maybe?

Must be good support to require such an article...

Er, 3200 sold. Nearly 3200 that is.

Three thousand, two hundred.

Expecting to see best fans in the world claims being made again based on such a humongous travelling support. They’re simply massive.

3200 (nearly 3200), on a Saturday, to the far flung outpost that is Wigan. I think Fosun bought the wrong club.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The relevance of this is surely dependent on what their allocation is?

E

Edgmond Wolf

Just reading the big fuss about Albion’s travelling away support this weekend.

West Brom set to be backed by biggest away following in the league for more than six years

Such is their good form the fans are pouring out the woodwork to support them with their biggest following in years.

Must be a big number right? Over 5000? 6000+ maybe?

Must be good support to require such an article...

Er, 3200 sold. Nearly 3200 that is.

Three thousand, two hundred.

Expecting to see best fans in the world claims being made again based on such a humongous travelling support. They’re simply massive.

3200 (nearly 3200), on a Saturday, to the far flung outpost that is Wigan. I think Fosun bought the wrong club.
Poor Baggies

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The relevance of this is surely dependent on what their allocation is?
Get the whole end don't you? 4500ish.
Its an alright away following to a medium distance away game, but bit embarrassing making a big deal about it!

JJ59

Reaction score
How many did we take to MK Dons?????

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 million I think. How many did we take to Stoke in 2010 was it? ;)

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
700 would be going if they were in Villa's league position.

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"Albion’s average away following this season is currently 1,906, which is the seventh highest in the division."
Bloody hell!

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Albion’s average away following this season is currently 1,906, which is the seventh highest in the division."
Bloody hell!
I'm amazed at that. So some pretty impressive away followings.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supposedly midweek championship attendances especially away followings have gone right down, mainly because of the red button on sky showing every game.

N

Northamptonwolf

And we always took huge away followings in our championship seasons didnt we?!

I must have dreamt the number of times we didnt sell out over the last few years away. Must have been all those AST holders putting people off going

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And we always took huge away followings in our championship seasons didnt we?!

I must have dreamt the number of times we didnt sell out over the last few years away. Must have been all those AST holders putting people off going

you're clearly forgetting that everyone was very busy/had money worries until this august

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Tbf the title is misleading a bit, because they've been in the Prem for the last few years where the maximum you can take is 3,000. So it's bound to be their biggest for years. I still don't think it's nothing to shout about though, lots of teams at that level (including us when we were there) travelled really well. Better than some of the PL teams tbf.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supposedly midweek championship attendances especially away followings have gone right down, mainly because of the red button on sky showing every game.

And the ****s in the football league who have come out and said they put long distance games midweek . Joke

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got no time for our local rivals but Us, Villa, Albion, Blues and Coventry all travel with decent numbers away from home.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The comments on the E&S are funny. I love when they still say we had 4000 fans in DIV4.

Most of the thickos don’t know that they had as low as 10k in the same era, playing in the top flight.

Those times were affected with hooliganism, recession and with us, just having owners who tried to kill a club.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The comments on the E&S are funny. I love when they still say we had 4000 fans in DIV4.

Most of the thickos don’t know that they had as low as 10k in the same era, playing in the top flight.

Those times were affected with hooliganism, recession and with us, just having owners who tried to kill a club.

When was the last time they had 30,000 at home?

Amen

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as some love to belittle their fellow fans we've always had a terrific away following.

We had the second highest average away following in the entire Football League when we won League 1 so this current bandwagon *******s is becoming tiresome

Del Boy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Guess there will be a repeat of the trouble from a few weeks ago at the station when their fans return from wigan

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think yow and me are on the same wavelength concerning the **** mate.****ing ****ers the lot of em.

meeee67

Reaction score
Nothing to see here.......they still have another 57000 to go to beat our away record and we were in a lower league.
OK it was a cup game and not a league game but we were up north so only a medium travel away game.........

W

Woffles

They were suffering the same problems as us at the time (unemployment, hooliganism, aging facilities etc.) and their attendances were hit equally hard given that they were in the top division - most of the **** takers probably don't even know how low their gates were. Same as the fact that they don't realise that prior to the local authority shake up, West Bromwich was also in Staffordshire along with Wolvo.

Albion's last 9 attendances in Division 1 in 1985/86

Arsenal 9,165
Newcastle United 9,100
Queens Park Rangers 9,016
Coventry City 8,831
Leicester City 8,626
Nottingham Forest 7,901
Ipswich Town 7,720
Southampton 7,325
Sheffield Wednesday 6,201

D

Deleted member 4594

They were suffering the same problems as us at the time (unemployment, hooliganism, aging facilities etc.) and their attendances were hit equally hard given that they were in the top division - most of the **** takers probably don't even know how low their gates were. Same as the fact that they don't realise that prior to the local authority shake up, West Bromwich was also in Staffordshire along with Wolvo.

Albion's last 9 attendances in Division 1 in 1985/86

Arsenal 9,165
Newcastle United 9,100
Queens Park Rangers 9,016
Coventry City 8,831
Leicester City 8,626
Nottingham Forest 7,901
Ipswich Town 7,720
Southampton 7,325
Sheffield Wednesday 6,201
Stunned at that to be fair. A touch before my time, I started in 88, but I believe it was like that at a lot of clubs in the mid 80s.
I remember there only being about 22k at the first BCD after we went up in 89 and at least 9000 were Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom