Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion travelling en masse

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were suffering the same problems as us at the time (unemployment, hooliganism, aging facilities etc.) and their attendances were hit equally hard given that they were in the top division - most of the **** takers probably don't even know how low their gates were. Same as the fact that they don't realise that prior to the local authority shake up, West Bromwich was also in Staffordshire along with Wolvo.

Albion's last 9 attendances in Division 1 in 1985/86

Arsenal 9,165
Newcastle United 9,100
Queens Park Rangers 9,016
Coventry City 8,831
Leicester City 8,626
Nottingham Forest 7,901
Ipswich Town 7,720
Southampton 7,325
Sheffield Wednesday 6,201

I’ve done that before on a FB debate, funnily enough they didn’t reply back!!

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've never travelled well unless Baggies travel is free.

Sent tickets back to Wolves in the past.

Regularly take the smaller allocation at Stoke.

Frequently under 1,000 at Liverpool.

Blues travel better considering their league position.

In general we do travel well but if the price isn't right, we don't turn up whereas the likes of Leeds and Villa do, no matter the price.

I don't think that's a bad thing, just shows we're not going to get mugged off by other clubs.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading the big fuss about Albion’s travelling away support this weekend.

West Brom set to be backed by biggest away following in the league for more than six years

Such is their good form the fans are pouring out the woodwork to support them with their biggest following in years.

Must be a big number right? Over 5000? 6000+ maybe?

Must be good support to require such an article...

Er, 3200 sold. Nearly 3200 that is.

Three thousand, two hundred.

Expecting to see best fans in the world claims being made again based on such a humongous travelling support. They’re simply massive.

3200 (nearly 3200), on a Saturday, to the far flung outpost that is Wigan. I think Fosun bought the wrong club.
Didnt we take almost 10k to mk dons in league one?.....

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

West Brom set to be backed by biggest away following in the league for more than six years

Such is their good form the fans are pouring out the woodwork to support them with their biggest following in years.

Expecting to see best fans in the world claims being made again based on such a humongous travelling support. They’re simply massive.

3200 (nearly 3200), on a Saturday, to the far flung outpost that is Wigan. I think Fosun bought the wrong club.
Seriously assumed it would be around the ten thousand we took in League One.

LOL LOL LOL

D

Deleted member 3518

Didnt we take almost 10k to mk dons in league one?.....

Aye we did, not quite as many at Stevenage the following Tuesday (we did sell out though). To be frank the whole MKD thing was a little cringeworthy and best forgotten IMHO.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't supporters of all teams come out of the woodwork when they can smell success. ;)

E

Edgmond Wolf

Aye we did, not quite as many at Stevenage the following Tuesday (we did sell out though). To be frank the whole MKD thing was a little cringeworthy and best forgotten IMHO.
I loved it :D:D

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to both games and enjoyed the win and even the 0-0mdraw. My point was that we could muster 10k whereas the mighty albion probably couldnt :)

D

Deleted member 3518

I went to both games and enjoyed the win and even the 0-0mdraw. My point was that we could muster 10k whereas the mighty albion probably couldnt :)

They possibly could with a mega-campaign to prove how "big" they were.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey ......Greggs in the high street will be the next closure with 3 200 of them out of town for one afternoon

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't include Derby there.

1500 or so in April when they're fifth traveling to top, 40 odd miles up the road was **** poor.

Those missing away fans missed the magical goal from the magic man...

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to see here.......they still have another 57000 to go to beat our away record and we were in a lower league.
OK it was a cup game and not a league game but we were up north so only a medium travel away game.........
Still boring

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not just you, it ****es me off to be honest,, if you went, you know who you were I have never met anyone claiming to have gone who didn't, just people making a joke about our support
I always thought the Chorley joke was about getting beaten by them, it being a new low for the club and when things got better everyone claimed they were there.

i could be wrong as I wasn't there. Was I alone? :)

D

Deleted member 4594

It's not just you, it ****es me off to be honest,, if you went, you know who you were I have never met anyone claiming to have gone who didn't, just people making a joke about our support
I was only 6 at the time so couldn’t go :D Totally agree the joke is boring, game was 32 ****ing years ago.

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't go to Chorley but I did go to Carlisle (paid the coach fee too) and it was cold. At least saw some fireworks over the town but none on the pitch.
I would have thought a few more than 900 but I'm no good at estimating crowd numbers.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attendance at Carlisle was 5,369 including 1,335 Wolves fans. Free coach travel. A very cold night.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Chorley - It's a social media thing, which wasn't about when it actually happened. Wolves fans have taken control of a situation which was a total disaster back then. For what it's worth I wasn't at any of the games as at the time I was skint with four kids and had to pick my matches (though I was at Carlisle :D). For anybody who finds it 'boring' it ain't gonna go away any time soon :D

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
How did they do? Assuming those 3200 fans roared them to victory?

Back
Top Bottom