Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion season tickets

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
According to SSN they have reduced their season tickets by £50.Putting aside the guff we have 4 more matches to 'look forward' to our prices are still high despite being frozen.

W

WoyOfWestBrom

Yep, 15% across the board - most expensive £449, cheapest £349.

Under 16 tickets down from £129 to £99 and under 21's £199.

Basically we are building up to starting the capacity extension (a second tier on the existing Halfords Lane).

O

OCD Wolf

How to run a football club by West Bromich Albion'

Fair play to them, seem to have their heads screwed on.

Funny thing is I have no idea who their CEO is, maybe he's just not high profile enough and quietly goes about his business of building up and running a football club.

Nah, never catch on...

W

WoyOfWestBrom

How to run a football club by West Bromich Albion'

Fair play to them, seem to have their heads screwed on.

Funny thing is I have no idea who their CEO is, maybe he's just not high profile enough and quietly goes about his business of building up and running a football club.

Nah, never catch on...

Peace has dual role as CEO and Chairman and takes a salary of around £1m. Another director (Mark Jenkins) works alongside JP and runs the day to day stuff on about £500k a year.

Last edited by a moderator:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what effect that has on sales. If they increase by 15% then a definite good move. Still only £30 less than my ticket and for that I get more (though often less glamorous) games and don't have to sit by Albion fans.
It's worth trying but if you've lost your job it's still out of reach. Is it enough to make many say yes I'll go who weren't before.
Wolves need to be more imaginative next year with a 31k stadium that's for sure.

W

WoyOfWestBrom

We had 18,000 last season and this year is capped at 20,000 which leaves 2,800 away fans and 3,700 matchday tickets to be sold anywhere between £25 and £45 depending on the category.

We should sell the extra 2,000 that will mean we more or less break even on last years revenue.

It's more a long term strategy that gets us ready to extend the capacity to 31,000 when the new tier is added.

F

Forever Wolves

They certainly seem to be in touch with supporters wgich is more than I can say for us. Can only applaud them to be honest.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, 15% across the board - most expensive £449, cheapest £349.

Under 16 tickets down from £129 to £99 and under 21's £199.

Basically we are building up to starting the capacity extension (a second tier on the existing Halfords Lane).

How will that work? Are they building over the road?

S

Shergar

Do they charge booking fee's?

I'm sure I read on that blog where the guy (Wolves) took his daughter (albion) to the hawthorns that he bought tickets online, easily and with no fee.

BUT, surely, every club in the land has to charge a booking fee or an administration fee because if they didn't they would be losing money or giving a service to their fans for 'free' by processing transactions without being paid?
the girl at the ticket counter.. needs paying, the telephonist....needs paying, the website designer....needs paying, for somebody to process a debit card...needs paying. According to our ticket office and Captain Jez it is impossible to operate without this fee.

W

WoyOfWestBrom

How will that work? Are they building over the road?

Not totally sure at the moment, there is an option to re route the road as we have bought the Hawthorns pub and if you look at the Sandwell Academy it has been built quite a way back from the road.

It seems to be the favoured option to have a tunnel under the stand like the Trinity at Vile.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure I read on that blog where the guy (Wolves) took his daughter (albion) to the hawthorns that he bought tickets online, easily and with no fee.

BUT, surely, every club in the land has to charge a booking fee or an administration fee because if they didn't they would be losing money or giving a service to their fans for 'free' by processing transactions without being paid?
the girl at the ticket counter.. needs paying, the telephonist....needs paying, the website designer....needs paying, for somebody to process a debit card...needs paying. According to our ticket office and Captain Jez it is impossible to operate without this fee.

Surely all these charges should be included in the ticket :confused:.

They have had no thought with the fans for as long as I can remember now.

The only thing they have done for us some $$$$ty flag

P

Penk Wolf

Didn't it say easily, but still a fee?

Aren't the season tickets now a similar price to ours?

P

Penk Wolf

It's more a long term strategy that gets us ready to extend the capacity to 31,000 when the new tier is added.

Why would they look to extend when you are currently only averaging 24.5K?

How are they expecting to increase the average?

F

Forever Wolves

Why would they look to extend when you are currently only averaging 24.5K?

How are they expecting to increase the average?

From what my mate was saying last night they average 24.5k but the stadium now only holds 26000. When you take into account the likes of Wigan. Fulham Blackburn etc who never bring many to any away game that shows that their home areas are sold out pretty much most games.
I guess their thinking is lower ticket prices (especially for kids) will result in bigger attendances.

Personally I think both us and them have it right in the way we have gone about increasing our capacities, obviously we attract a slightly higher attendance than they do, but both clubs are to be applauded.
Lets hope their design isn't as appalling as ours!

P

Penk Wolf

From what my mate was saying last night they average 24.5k but the stadium now only holds 25500. When you take into account the likes of Wigan. Fulham Blackburn etc who never bring many to any away game that shows that their home areas are sold out pretty much most games.
I guess their thinking is lower ticket prices (especially for kids) will result in bigger attendances.

Personally I think both us and them have it right in the way we have gone about increasing our capacities, obviously we attract a slightly higher attendance than they do, but both clubs are to be applauded.
Lets hope their design isn't as appalling as ours!

They had 23k against Blackburn. I thought their capacity was about 28k.

I can understand why we were looking at doing it because we were near 100% full, but they are way off.

W

WoyOfWestBrom

It was 28,000 but went down to 26,500 when we took out the restricted view seats from the Birmingham Road End and refurbished the Halfords Lane Stand to incorperate new dressing rooms and media facilities.

Blackburn brought around 500 fans on Saturday leaving 2,300 seats empty. There were some seats in the home ends but mainly singles or in the Halfords where there are no concessions available.

The main change that will get more season ticket holders in is the new direct debit plan that we previously didn't offer, to be fair £18.36 for a game of premiership football is pretty damn good.

M

Monkey Man

The way that club is ran is the polar opposite to us.

I fully expect JM to increase prices due to more games next year. :D

P

Penk Wolf

The way that club is ran is the polar opposite to us.

I fully expect JM to increase prices due to more games next year. :D

Our club is ran well. People who think otherwise are getting confused between league position and a well run club.

W

WoyOfWestBrom

Our club is ran well. People who think otherwise are getting confused between league position and a well run club.

Both clubs are ran financially very well, exactly how clubs should be run rather than using other peoples money and money that they havn't allways got yet.

I think Wolves biggest problem was being too loyal to Mick for possibly two summers and then firing him mid season when he was clearly the glue that held an unabalalced squad together.

M

Monkey Man

Our club is not ran well or have you been in a cupboard for the last few months.

It's ran like a circus with a couple clowns at the top.

J

Jungleee

Both clubs are ran financially very well, exactly how clubs should be run rather than using other peoples money and money that they havn't allways got yet.

I think Wolves biggest problem was being too loyal to Mick for possibly two summers and then firing him mid season when he was clearly the glue that held an unabalalced squad together.

We weren't exactly on a good run pre TC...

P

Penk Wolf

Totally agree on both accounts.

Our club is not ran well or have you been in a cupboard for the last few months.

It's ran like a circus with a couple clowns at the top.

See Woy's post above.

B

bridgnorthwolf

First paragraph is spot on. Second is pretty accurate too.

I will always be a massive fan of Mick's. I was before he came here. People say Mick couldn't take us any further than he did. Others say the club is too tight with money. Personally I think it's six and two threes. Last summer Mick clearly didn't have the same backing that he had the previous two summers, so clearly there were seeds of doubt in Morgan's mind and if that is the case then he should have patted Mick on the back last summer and sent him on his way. I don't blame Morgan for not doing that, it would have been very difficult after he had kept us up.

But as he already had his doubts and once again backed up by his reluctance to spend in January, he should have sacked Mick on the back of poor results around the November time and put his money on his own new man. Bearing in mind Morgan inherited Mick when he took over the club and hiring a new manager is new territory for him. Regardless of his previous experience in hiring important people in an organisation it's completely different when millions of people are looking on with interest.

Moxey has been a figure of hate before on several occasions, but whilst things have been moving forward for the past 6 years until recently, everyone has let him get on with what he does and during the last couple of years he has even received a fair bit of praise.

I do now see the appeal of a more modern Director of Football and a "lesser" name from within to assist and sending Jez packing.

Morgan's values are sound, I'm more than happy with him, just think we need a fair shake-up to get them working as they should.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought the Government was on about outlawing stupid things like booking fees as they don't cost the club an extra penny to complete the transaction with a credit card.

50pencehead

I would rather pay double what I do now than watch the Albion for £50.
That is all

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Isn't league position/cup success the whole point of the club? Or are we all supporting a well run business here?

B

bridgnorthwolf

Isn't league position/cup success the whole point of the club? Or are we all supporting a well run business here?

Look at Portsmouth. Tells you all you need to know.

I wouldn't swap a couple of seasons finishing just inside the top half and an FA Cup for administration a couple of years later.

There will be more Portsmouths, Birminghams and Plymouths come a cropper over the next few years as things get shaken up.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at Portsmouth. Tells you all you need to know.

I wouldn't swap a couple of seasons finishing just inside the top half and an FA Cup for administration a couple of years later.

There will be more Portsmouths, Birminghams and Plymouths come a cropper over the next few years as things get shaken up.

it's all very well using the most extreme examples of how not to run a football club to back up the argument of Wolves being a well run place, but there are other ways to do it.

Having a CEO and no football knowledge at the top doesn't strike me as being very well run. Sacking your manager in February with no replacement lined up isn't what i'd call well run.

Having an accountant at the very top means we'll always be financially secure, but what about the football? Isn't that what we all support Wolves for?

P

Penk Wolf

it's all very well using the most extreme examples of how not to run a football club to back up the argument of Wolves being a well run place, but there are other ways to do it.

Having a CEO and no football knowledge at the top doesn't strike me as being very well run. Sacking your manager in February with no replacement lined up isn't what i'd call well run.

Having an accountant at the very top means we'll always be financially secure, but what about the football? Isn't that what we all support Wolves for?

It's not just the extremes though is it. Every club in the Premier League bar a handful have the potential to implode over the next decade.

People are using West Brom as an example in this very thread, but we have just spent a longer period in the Premier League than they ever have. West Brom look as if they are just about to establish themselves in the PL (Not guaranteed), but at how many times of asking?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should we have a strong start to the season I fully expect our average attendance to be higher than theirs next season.

We can shift 25,000 easily, much bigger catchment area for support.

Them lot got that against us at home, never mind someone like Wigan, Blackburn or Bolton, should they be in the top flight.

B

Bingbong

Should we have a strong start to the season I fully expect our average attendance to be higher than theirs next season.

We can shift 25,000 easily, much bigger catchment area for support.

Them lot got that against us at home, never mind someone like Wigan, Blackburn or Bolton, should they be in the top flight.

And?

J

JR's Boots

Albion have reduced ST prices despite being in the PL next season. Wolves have frozen ST prices despite being in the chump next season.

With the usual abysmal mismanagement by Moxey, we're now in a position where the ST sales are down to 12K but with a bigger stadium. He should have halted the early bird window until he knew where the club would be and then could have cut prices across the board. Now the club are stuck with high prices in a lower division with no room for manoeuvre.

He will now have 17K of home tickets to shift on a match by match basis. He might be alright if Wolves are flying high under a talented manager but playing the current turgid, losing rubbish under Connor or some other cheap alternative, we will haemorrhage support.

F

Forever Wolves

Albion have reduced ST prices despite being in the PL next season. Wolves have frozen ST prices despite being in the chump next season.

With the usual abysmal mismanagement by Moxey, we're now in a position where the ST sales are down to 12K but with a bigger stadium. He should have halted the early bird window until he knew where the club would be and then could have cut prices across the board. Now the club are stuck with high prices in a lower division with no room for manoeuvre.

He will now have 17K of home tickets to shift on a match by match basis. He might be alright if Wolves are flying high under a talented manager but playing the current turgid, losing rubbish under Connor or some other cheap alternative, we will haemorrhage support.

one of the best posts on here for a while.

P

Panthera

People are using West Brom as an example in this very thread, but we have just spent a longer period in the Premier League than they ever have.

Today's Jez Moxley Clutching at Straws Award goes to... ^^^

Back
Top Bottom