Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri (Don't sell)

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 'big 6' offer regular European football, can probably double or even triple your wages and you can tell your grandkids how you played for one of the more famous clubs. If people don't see the pull of all that to a young man who, while I'm sure is loving playing for Wolves, still doesn't really support Wolves or have any links to the area before joining us then I don't know what to say!

Hell even boyhood supporters of clubs will often jump at the chance to join one of the big teams, it's just the way it is.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 'big 6' offer regular European football, can probably double or even triple your wages and you can tell your grandkids how you played for one of the more famous clubs. If people don't see the pull of all that to a young man who, while I'm sure is loving playing for Wolves, still doesn't really support Wolves or have any links to the area before joining us then I don't know what to say!

Hell even boyhood supporters of clubs will often jump at the chance to join one of the big teams, it's just the way it is.
Players want to play at the highest level that they can with the commensurate rewards. That's human nature.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players want to play at the highest level that they can with the commensurate rewards. That's human nature.

Yes and no.

Reward isn't just measured by achievement.

How many people could work for a 'bigger' company and be paid more elsewhere, but love their work environment, and their colleagues, so prioritise their happiness and job satisfaction over other material rewards?

A lot will depend on unknowns such as a player's character, ambition, and what's important to them.

Take Ruben Neves as an example. At Porto, he could have gone to most top European sides and spent years on their bench, picking up the odd trophy here and there. He chose to come to us and be part of an exciting project, and became a Wolves legend by doing so. Then when he left us, he chose to go to Saudi, where he will likely win a title and become another club legend at Al Hilal and earn an obscene amount of money in doing so.

These choices are not 'normal' in terms of a career path, yet will probably prove to be far more rewarding for him when he comes to retire, both in terms of how he is perceived and financially.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes and no.

How many people could work for a 'bigger' company and be paid more elsewhere, but love their work environment, and their colleagues, so prioritise their happiness and job satisfaction over other material rewards?

A lot will depend on unknowns such as a player's character, ambition, and what's important to them.

Take Ruben Neves as an example. At Porto, he could have gone to most top European sides and spent years on their bench, picking up the odd trophy here and there. He chose to come to us and be part of an exciting project, and became a Wolves legend by doing so. Then when he left us, he chose to go to Saudi, where he will likely will a title and become another club legend at Al Hilal and earn an obscene amount of money in doing so.

These choices are not 'normal' in terms of a career path, yet will probably prove to be far more rewarding for him when he comes to retire, both in terms of how he is perceived and financially.
Some valid points. In truth even players who don't seek the maximum financial rewards earn sums most of us can only dream of.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure I’ve posted this before (potentially on this thread but not going to scroll through the replies).

A friend of mine shared a cab, the reason escapes me - I think it might have been out of necessity after a flight or train cancellation, with it turns out RAN’s Dad.

Cut a long story short, his Dad told him RAN was very close to leaving us to join Chelsea, more or less a done deal if I recall correctly. Circa summer 2021 I think. So he is obviously on the media 6’s radar.

Believe said friend as A) he’s not a Wolves fan B) literally would have no reason to make this up C) RAN hardly a big name at the time D) it was really random he brought it up

After reading this it’s less of an interesting story than I thought when starting to type, but here we are :laughing: , just sharing what I’ve heard.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto and Ait-Nouri linked with top six clubs .Don't sell Hobbs and Jeff.

I generally don't like to modify a quote, but in this case.....
I'm ****ed off with the general acceptance that the *big* clubs will automatically come in and hoover up our best players.
The ****ing press gets me riled, "Liverpool and Arsenal are in the race for Pedro Neto"
What IS this ****ing race?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm ****ed off with the general acceptance that the *big* clubs will automatically come in and hoover up our best players.
The ****ing press gets me riled, "Liverpool and Arsenal are in the race for Pedro Neto"

To sign him before his next injury?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But when our own fans do it??

I know what you guys are trying to do, get it in your heads that Neto has gone already, so when or if he does leave the blow is softened somewhat.
The same thing happened with Ruben, every ****ing window, "Oh he's definitely going"
Get a grip, not every player has the morals and ethics of Nunes.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, gets up my nose too. As does the habit on here of discussing or suggesting selling our players as soon as they have a decent run of form. Still, such is life.

Ah, point already made!

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unfortunately you are right mate. We are a smaller fish swimming with sharks.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know what you guys are trying to do, get it in your heads that Neto has gone already, so when or if he does leave the blow is softened somewhat.
The same thing happened with Ruben, every ****ing window, "Oh he's definitely going"
A lot of our guys look like they are having the time of their lives training and playing with each other so unless they are motivated purely by money then I can't see a big queue pushing to leave

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unfortunately you are right mate. We are a smaller fish swimming with sharks.

Agree but we are fairly big fish in football pyramid we can offer wages better than 90% of the football league possibly even worldwide.

Most 8-16 clubs will lose players to City, Liverpool etc we get players from Spain, Portugal, Championship/efl with higher wages.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re known as the top six because most seasons that’s where they finish.
Any player in his mid twenties is not going to think wolves are a bigger club that’s just delusional. When was our last top 6 finish? Almost 50 years ago.
It would help us if Matt Hobbs PR was a little less deferential too!!

We have to set our stall on breaking that glass ceiling. It was spoken of at the time of the take over!!

We have the players, just not enough of them. We have had some brilliant results against the so called big clubs too.

I will never accept the idea that Sky determine what constitutes greatness in a club.

I’m a Wolves supporter and proud to support such a great club

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would help us if Matt Hobbs PR was a little less deferential too!!

We have to set our stall on breaking that glass ceiling. It was spoken of at the time of the take over!!

We have the players, just not enough of them. We have had some brilliant results against the so called big clubs too.

I will never accept the idea that Sky determine what constitutes greatness in a club.

I’m a Wolves supporter and proud to support such a great club
Amen brother.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another star player without a song … how about ……To Kaiser Chiefs I predict a riot

Na na naa
Na na na na na naaa
Rayan Ait Nouri
Rayan Ait Nouri

Repeat

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bigger clubs buy less big clubs best players! Sorry it’s not new, it’s not a big 6 thing, and anyone thinking players won’t wanna move is being too emotional! Jack left Vile ffs so there you have it

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bigger clubs buy less big clubs best players! Sorry it’s not new, it’s not a big 6 thing, and anyone thinking players won’t wanna move is being too emotional! Jack left Vile ffs so there you have it
You ok hun?

Milijas

Reaction score
Yes and no.

Take Ruben Neves as an example. At Porto, he could have gone to most top European sides and spent years on their bench, picking up the odd trophy here and there. He chose to come to us and be part of an exciting project, and became a Wolves legend by doing so. Then when he left us, he chose to go to Saudi, where he will likely win a title and become another club legend at Al Hilal and earn an obscene amount of money in doing so.

Oh come on it's not comparable to the real world..

Billy works at Tesco for £11 an hour but turns down aldis £12 an hour as he's mates with big baz and Sheryl looks after his nans dog.

Ryan Ait nouri £50k a year wolves or £120k a year at Chelsea

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably our most valuable asset now along with Cunha. Zero doubt we will see 40 million + offers for him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh come on it's not comparable to the real world..

Billy works at Tesco for £11 an hour but turns down aldis £12 an hour as he's mates with big baz and Sheryl looks after his nans dog.

Ryan Ait nouri £50k a year wolves or £120k a year at Chelsea
Hmmm..... £2.5M a year at Molineux or £120k at the Bridge lol... Methinks there was a slight error there....m

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maths isn't my strongest point 8 San Miguel's in but you get the picture! (A week obvs)

Edit it's not 2.5m at molineux cos I said a year there too.
I missed that lol.... Enjoy the San Miguel - hopefully the real stuff rather than the UK license brewed crap - with that posting name shouldn't it be rakija, brandy or vodka lol.....

Better not mention that both my degrees were maths-based lol....

Seenitallayi

Groupie
Reaction score
I seem to recall that RAN’s previous club had a 50% sell on clause and that Wolves could buy themselves out of this clause for £10m. Anyone else think the same? Did we ever pay the extra £10m? Might be a bit of a problem!

LincolnWolf

Reaction score
On this RAN 50% Sell on Clause that we can buy out for rumoured £10m, this is only ever something to deal with if/when we sell him. No sale, no problem. The club will also be building it into his valuation if clubs ever come asking. Here is a few examples of how it will work based on value of transfer fee:

1. Wolves sell RAN for £10m
Wolves don’t buy out of the clause
Angers get 50% which is £5m
Wolves get 50% which is £5m

2. Wolves sell RAN for £19m
Angers get 50% which is £9.5m
Wolves get 50% which is £9.5m

3. Wolves sell RAN for £21m
Wolves do buy out the clause for £10m
Angers get the £10m
Wolves get the remaining £11m

4. Wolves sell RAN for £30m (or more)
Angers get the £10m
Wolves get the remaining £20m (or more)

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On this RAN 50% Sell on Clause that we can buy out for rumoured £10m, this is only ever something to deal with if/when we sell him. No sale, no problem. The club will also be building it into his valuation if clubs ever come asking. Here is a few examples of how it will work based on value of transfer fee:

1. Wolves sell RAN for £10m
Angers get 50% which is £5m
Wolves get 50% which is £5m

2. Wolves sell RAN for £19m
Angers get 50% which is £9.5m
Wolves get 50% which is £9.5m

3. Wolves sell RAN for £21m
Angers get the £10m
Wolves get the remaining £11m

4. Wolves sell RAN for £30m (or more)
Angers get the £10m
Wolves get the remaining £20m (or more)
Yep.
The only other scenario is we give RAN a new 5 year contract, then contact Angers and make an offer to buy out the contract for , say, £5m. If Angers could do with the money sooner rather than later they may accept.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep.
The only other scenario is we give RAN a new 5 year contract, then contact Angers and make an offer to buy out the contract for , say, £5m. If Angers could do with the money sooner rather than later they may accept.
I'm not sure about this particular sell on clause, but some of these clauses have an expiry date.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think it’s about the compulsion on the Mix to post even the slightest rumour/gossip. Sometimes I think the scale of these rumours are akin to a drop of water in an Olympic size pool.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But when we're linked with players and see headlines like "Wolves are in the race for...." do we complain then?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Curcuella (apologies on spelling) is £60m so is RAN

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of our guys look like they are having the time of their lives training and playing with each other so unless they are motivated purely by money then I can't see a big queue pushing to leave
They are all professional footballers with relatively short careers so ofc they are motivated by money
They also want the best career possible with something to show for it at the end if they can
The chance to win something cannot be dismissed,and that means top 6 clubs, which we arent and probably wont be for sometime to come
We have to be realistic and understand where we are as a club,and that means understanding that our best players will move on as and when decent offers come in,its a harsh reality but its where we are

Back
Top Bottom