Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama to Veeeela (Well Fulham actually)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would be too impressed if I was a Fulham fan. They've acquired the winger and centre forward from the lowest scoring team in the Premier League and the ones who were on the bench most of last season?

Almost like buying one and being linked to another defender from a team who finished below you last season ;)

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham have done a fantastic deal and got 2 of our very good and big-hearted players with great entertainment value for the price of a pack of peanuts.
Glad I don't like peanuts if they're over 5 million a bag!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So now he’s ended up in Fulham, presumably for more money than Napoli offered, perhaps more than he was on here, but likely less than he sought when turning down the first new contracts we offered him.
Apparently he's gone for less than we offered him and his preference was always to stay in the Premier League. Also heard the deal was agreed quite a while ago but Fulham wanted to delay the announcement (no idea why)

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would be too impressed if I was a Fulham fan. They've acquired the winger and centre forward from the lowest scoring team in the Premier League and the ones who were on the bench most of last season?
Maybe if they hadn’t been on the bench ???
Mind you Raul didn’t feel wanted by JL and Adama is just Adama, saw an interesting interview with Vincent Company by Gary Neville where he explained the difference between DeBryne and Hazard, one is able to follow a meticulous plan and the other thrives on chaos, for me Adama is the latter and as such was never suited to our attempted surgical football.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you stay at our shambles of a club?
No.
Imagine if Foson signed a contract with a supplier for grade A goods and were supplied with grade C they'd cancel the contract.
That's basically what they did with JL. No wonder he left. I don't blame him but he went about it in the wrong way IMHO.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe if they hadn’t been on the bench ???
Mind you Raul didn’t feel wanted by JL and Adama is just Adama, saw an interesting interview with Vincent Company by Gary Neville where he explained the difference between DeBryne and Hazard, one is able to follow a meticulous plan and the other thrives on chaos, for me Adama is the latter and as such was never suited to our attempted surgical football.
He should have stayed. We're now in complete ****ing chaos.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently he's gone for less than we offered him and his preference was always to stay in the Premier League. Also heard the deal was agreed quite a while ago but Fulham wanted to delay the announcement (no idea why)
And you know this how?

Do you understand what a contract is.?

Have you read his contract by any chance?
I’m still waiting for you to explain what’s so bad about running a contract down whilst remaining 100% professional .

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Serious question. What is wrong with a player seeing their contract out whilst giving 100% and remaining professional throughout?
nothing at all, just don’t expect adulation from all at the end of said contract, what is wrong with that?

he had one good year in five for us, and didn’t want to sign a new deal yet because he said nice things about us, i should change my opinion?

He’s bang average, in my opinion, and one season aside produced the odd moment of wow and loads more of mediocrity.

good luck to the lad, i wish him well as i do most players, but his time here has been “meh” to me.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to see him go. On his day he was one of those rare players who got the crowd up on their feet (I'm talking about the BWU!). I always felt that we didn't get the best out of him, either because of how we set up or not coaching him properly. The quickest and most physically powerful player I have ever seen in a Wolves shirt (and that includes Cullis's wonder teams). I'll be very interested to see how he fairs at Fulham, who are a more attack minded team and have Raul/ Mitrovic in the middle.

For me. his most memorable performances were in the season (2019-20) we did the double over Man City, 5-2 the aggregate score, and he scored 3 out of the 5 and made one of the other two. Great player on his day, pity those days were numbered!

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m still waiting for you to explain what’s so bad about running a contract down whilst remaining 100% professional .
I’m sorry I don’t understand the question. Could you explain it to me please.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to see him go. On his day he was one of those rare players who got the crowd up on their feet (I'm talking about the BWU!). I always felt that we didn't get the best out of him, either because of how we set up or not coaching him properly. The quickest and most physically powerful player I have ever seen in a Wolves short (and that includes Cullis's wonder teams). I'll be very interested to see how he fairs at Fulham, who are a more attack minded team and have Raul/ Mitrovic in the middle.

For me. his most memorable performance were in the season (2019-20) we did the double over Man City, 5-2 the aggregate score, and he scored 3 out of the 5 and made one of the other two. Great player on his day, pity his days were numbered!
City west were superb finishes, first class play. Loved how he bundled Mendy off the ball too and can’t help but think that gets marked a foul now!
he had a spell playing right wing back where he’d just run from deep and was unreal to watch.
it’s a shame for whatever reason that he couldn’t kick on and become that player regularly.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
nothing at all, just don’t expect adulation from all at the end of said contract, what is wrong with that?

he had one good year in five for us, and didn’t want to sign a new deal yet because he said nice things about us, i should change my opinion?

He’s bang average, in my opinion, and one season aside produced the odd moment of wow and loads more of mediocrity.

good luck to the lad, i wish him well as i do most players, but his time here has been “meh” to me.
Not at all we all have different opinions and it’d be boring if we didn’t.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I presume one of the reasons he left was because he wants to start more games?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it’s a strange club, soulless.

Given where it’s located, its support will have massively shifted over the decades. My neighbour is a lapsed Fulham fan, used to work in Bankside Power Station (now Tate Modern). Ironically his wife is a retired art restorer, and has herself worked at the Tate Modern. Says it all really.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will miss the entertainment value.
No, not the entertainment his playing provided albeit that was a bit like the lottery... will he, won't he? Are we going to get lucky this time? No I mean the entertainment provided the "pundits" on this forum when discussing him. Bipolar much?

As for his playing, hard to deny that he always BUT ALWAYS elicited excitement whenever his oil slicked muscular arms came into view.
Alas, in the last 3 seasons, whilst hope always sprang eternal that he would be the one to change the course and fate of the game, more often than not he would barely produce anything besides the odd exciting dash down the side and the wild cross towards a bemused opposing defense who watched the ball sail over their heads. Then rarely, very rarely, something would actually transpire. So another season of wild hopes could again be rekindled to once again fade into oblivion.

Nonetheless he'll be missed. At least visually if not in practical results.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, and not really a football crowd. Always feels like Fulham fans are just the ones who couldn’t get tickets at Chelsea or Arsenal.
I’ve been a few times.. it’s got no atmosphere and I think it’s mostly families who moved to London and were football fans of other clubs, taking their kids to watch football in a safe, affordable, family environment.

I think there are some real club fans peppered in with them also, but no core to the support, which leaves quite a flat atmosphere.

I always get invited to to go Fulham and Brentford games by a group of lads, all of which support other teams. It’s just local and they can’t travel to their actual teams.. I rarely see the point, it’s an expensive trip to the pub. I only go to the Wolves games with them.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't wait to see Adama and Raul playing well against us with at least one of them scoring. £5.5m for Traore and Jimenez wow well done Wolves for pouring money into the coffers. Basically almost the cost of a Cresswell it would seem. Brighton would have held on to Traore and got twice the money for Raul. Of course Traore will be getting a juicy signing on fee and a very good wage but the failure to change his mind and offer him a more enticing package has to be considered. Fulham is a strange choice but they must have offered him a very good wad.
Adama will always blow hot and cold and while we will miss his surging runs I doubt his end product is suddenly going to be transformed. Nevertheless a very handy player, and at only 27, to bring on to put pressure on the opposition - on a 'free' a fantastic deal for Fulham.
Tielemans to Villa was the other great 'free' so far this season. And Manor Solomon to Spurs... was another good one. Apart from Doc we have done zero yet on the out of contract/free/loan market- can we manage at least one before Sept 1 or are one more set of wages also impossible for the managers of our club's destiny?

Back
Top Bottom