Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aaron Ramsey

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leaving on a free at the end of the season. Successor to Moutinho?

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho all day long. Will be a key member of the squad for years.
For all the ability Ramsey has got he hasn't got the work ethic and winning attitude, temperament that Moutinho has got.
Ramsey is good when the team is winning, shows 2x the pace going forward but shows nothing going backwards when the team really needs to dig in he's not really one to really pull the team through.

Reaction score
I think he can only speak to foreign clubs in Jan.
Don't think he would come anyway, but in my opinion he's a bit haphazard,and not tidy in possession, we are spoilt by our midfield maestros, and he wouldn't get a game in front of either

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Just think how things have changed so quickly - Aaron Ramsey is not good enough for Wolves!!!! Christ a few seasons back Dave Edwards was regarded as our saviour!!!!!!
Oh come on NNW! :D
Ramsey is good enough for Wolves and Edwards has never been regarded as our saviour!

T

Torcher

Pretty sure that Ramsey is rated as one of the best midfielders in the division, every time I've seen him he's looked excellent for both Arsenal and Wales. Will probably end up somewhere like Liverpool or Chelseas, I think I saw Juventus linked earlier as well. If Wolves can get him, would be a fantastic signing, and the biggest signal of intent yet from Fosun.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure that Ramsey is rated as one of the best midfielders in the division, every time I've seen him he's looked excellent for both Arsenal and Wales. Will probably end up somewhere like Liverpool or Chelseas, I think I saw Juventus linked earlier as well. If Wolves can get him, would be a fantastic signing, and the biggest signal of intent yet from Fosun.
Completely disagree. Ramsey is a decent Prem midfielder and no more than that. Way behind Moutinho.

M

Mr Wolf

He can’t play in a midfield 2 & he isn’t a wide player so he wouldn’t fit in regardless of ability.

He is still would be a level above Wolves though if we played in a formation that suited him.

S

Shifnal Wolf

I’d take him all day long, it would take a mega financial package to get him so I can’t see it.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham written all over him. Decent player, biggish name, loads of money, place he can go and never perform and get away with it.

I was at that game where he got his leg done at Stoke. He's had a good career but at that point he literally was on the brink of being genuinely great. Real shame IMO.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I love the fact that we are doing quite well, and have some decent players at Wolves now- but some pretty embarrassing comments on here. He wouldn't even consider signing for us at present- there are a dozen top teams that will be after him at home and abroad. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Liver****.

W

we8wba

West Ham written all over him. Decent player, biggish name, loads of money, place he can go and never perform and get away with it.

I was at that game where he got his leg done at Stoke. He's had a good career but at that point he literally was on the brink of being genuinely great. Real shame IMO.

On a free transfer I think he’ll get far better than West ham

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh come on. Ramsey? A top quality midfielder couldn't play in our system? Do you lot really believe half of the stuff you type?
And even if he did struggle to get in front of Sir Ruben and Sir Joao, you'd rather Saiss than Ramsey?
Small print - I like Saiss, but is he of Ramsey quality?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a fan of him in our system. Think he needs to be the main attacking player in a 3 man midfield for me. To see the best of him.
I have to agree. For all those saying we are mad for saying he's not good enough, it isn't that. He's obviously a top player, but in 4-2-3-1 that's where he's been particularly useful.

However, IMO he's never really recovered from the Shawcross tackle, is on a downward trajectory and coming to Wolves would in his mind probably be a step down, regardless of the project. Then you've got the fact he's been conditioned to play the same system for many years, so immediately there's a learning curve you have to factor in coming into our system which is very different to a Wenger team and with no real obvious place for him.

Plus Nuno seems to like players who he can mould, or players you look at and can immediately see them fitting in.

This is an absolute non starter.

S

Southbank Ebanks

Seems to have massively split opinions on here. For me he’s a typical arsenal player, a great player on his day but goes missing pretty often and slightly prone to an injury or 2.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great player, obviously be a fantastic signing.

But currently I don’t think he’d dislodge Neves or Moutinho in the two, and I don’t think he’s best suited to playing wide right or left so would we change our current formula to play him?

It’s crazy to even be talking about signing Ramsey (of which we have little chance), but what’s more crazy is the fact he’d not walk into our current midfield two.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was him, I'd go aboard. Can't see him starting for any of the other top English sides.

Dortmund or Milan maybe

Milijas

Reaction score
Wow Ramsey not good enough..
I think moutihno and neves are obviously better suited but as a 3rd choice he would be incredible.
All this he won't track back stuff? It's kind of like saying Saiss don't attack enough whilst most CM are either defensive or attacking you need both and you would be very lucky to have a CM that does both well.
I think with his premier league experience he would be great and imagine sending MGW out on loan to a lower Championship team for a season and him playing like 40 games would do him a world of good. (He wouldn't be heavily involved for a top championship team). Unfortunately Ramsay will end up at a top team and even he didn't end up at a Liverpool or Chelsea I'm sure an Everton or Leicester would take him.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wants bumper pay deal. Arsenal got burnt by signing the fraud that is Ozil on mega money So can’t see them buckling under pressure to re-sign under a new contract.

Think he’ll talk to a club from Europe in Jan and move in the summer.

M

Mr Wolf

When we played vs 10 men he’s the sort of player you bring off a centre half for, go 4 at the back & play him infront of Neves & Mouthino.

In fact that’s an option we should be utilising in any game we’re chasing or need to change up. Sometimes Coadys position isn’t needed.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Before I'd lose any sweat over his usefulness or otherwise, I'd be surprised if he leaves Arsenal this time round. My guess is the public are being treated to what should have stayed a private squabble, and when tempers have cooled a little, commonsense will prevail.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what we have seen from Moutinho so far it really highlights the importance of an experienced, measured and technically gifted centre mid. We should be making plans now to identify potential replacements for in 3-4 years time, although obviously not be an easy task.

And I don't mean someone with overrated technical abilities– e.g., Jack Wilshere.

K

Knocker Lite

Wants bumper pay deal. Arsenal got burnt by signing the fraud that is Ozil on mega money So can’t see them buckling under pressure to re-sign under a new contract.

Think he’ll talk to a club from Europe in Jan and move in the summer.

He must want close to 200k a week plus a huge signing on fee, there are much better deals out there for Wolves.

BorisWolf

Reaction score
Firstly, he wouldn't fit our system and Nuno doesn't appear the type to change it to suit one player. Secondly, his wage demands would be stupidly high and thirdly, he'll want to play Champions League football.

Apart from that, yeh sign him.

Back
Top Bottom