Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A word about the automated food ordering app in the North Bank and “new food”

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The word that springs to mind is “Crap”

Only Wolves can implement a new system which maximises queues and sees people missing the start of the second half. Do Wolves have the staff serving tranquilised before the game - its the only explanation I have for their slow motion approach to work and lack of any awareness that people want to watch a game.

I know Wolves want to save money but I didnt think it would be by increasing the price of the pies, making them smaller (and blander) then removing any gravy out of them. Absolute tat and wont be bothering again.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who'd pre-order food for HT not knowing for sure how long it would take to be prepared and not knowing how many others would have done the same thing? You've only got 15 mins max; it's not like waiting for ever down the chippy! Having said that it may be preferable to spend the 2nd half in the concourse eating rather than in your seat?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
didnt know about any app in the billy quiet, but the tandoori chicken pie i had was fine
Its not an app. Its five touch screen where you order and pay mcDonalds or Argos style - So queues for them. Then theres only four or five people serving (slowly). Massive queues then with your pre-printed ticket to collect your purchase. The issue with this is that there should be people pre-pouring but this didnt seem to be the case. It was bloody rubbish and the food was bland (mince beef and onion pie) and my son thought his balti pie was dry and bland. Missed the first 5 minutes of the second half - people were stuck there drinking their beer and watching on tv.

Crap all round - I rather pick up something before or on the way home.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really surprised about this if they can't in vest in the stand why bother with the catering. The ticketing system at the start of the season was a farce as well .

Oh well at least Jeff can address this in his 6 yearly letter to fans in 2029.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There moving slowly because GON did the motivation speech just before half time?;)

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Its not an app. Its five touch screen where you order and pay mcDonalds or Argos style - So queues for them. Then theres only four or five people serving (slowly). Massive queues then with your pre-printed ticket to collect your purchase. The issue with this is that there should be people pre-pouring but this didnt seem to be the case. It was bloody rubbish and the food was bland (mince beef and onion pie) and my son thought his balti pie was dry and bland. Missed the first 5 minutes of the second half - people were stuck there drinking their beer and watching on tv.

Crap all round - I rather pick up something before or on the way home.
ahhh maybe due to the demographic in the billy quiet new tech wasn't introduced!

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
On the subject of food - do we ever have Vegan pies available? Seen the signs for them but not actually seen one in person. Very mysterious.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complain to Moxley’s wife

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never really understood people’s fascination with having a beer or pie at half time. Especially if you have to miss the last 5 minutes of the first half and the first 5 of the second.

Can people not go 90 minutes without a drink or some food?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never really understood people’s fascination with having a beer or pie at half time. Especially if you have to miss the last 5 minutes of the first half and the first 5 of the second.

I sometimes have a pie and a pint before the game, is that OK?

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Not had any of the food so can't comment on the quality but my lad needs feeding hourly so always asks for something after we've climbed the stairs, can confirm that the new ordering system has not speeded anything up though. I know the staff are probably all students but I've never witnessed a less motivated bunch anywhere, ever. All they have to do now is fetch stuff and hand it over to people and it yet it seems to almost beyond most of them.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not had any of the food so can't comment on the quality but my lad needs feeding hourly so always asks for something after we've climbed the stairs, can confirm that the new ordering system has not speeded anything up though. I know the staff are probably all students but I've never witnessed a less motivated bunch anywhere, ever. All they have to do now is fetch stuff and hand it over to people and it yet it seems to almost beyond most of them.

Here’s the issue. There’s also no one to guide or motivate them.

Went to the Stade Renaiss friendly and sat in the Family enclosure. My lad saw another kid with pick and mix, which they serve in there. I went to the kiosk, no queue, so ordered a cone of pick and mix from the one server on duty.

I kid you not, she took an empty cone, then opened a dozen different jars of sweets one by one to fill the cone up. The whole process took about 5 minutes and by the time she’d finished, there was a queue of about 5 people tutting behind me.

The most inefficient thing I’ve ever seen. How are they not pre-made?

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score

Went to the Stade Renaiss friendly and sat in the Family enclosure. My lad saw another kid with pick and mix, which they serve in there. I went to the kiosk, no queue, so ordered a cone of pick and mix from the one server on duty.

I kid you not, she took an empty cone, then opened a dozen different jars of sweets one by one to fill the cone up. The whole process took about 5 minutes and by the time she’d finished, there was a queue of about 5 people tutting behind me.

I know, basic common sense. It's also usually the case in the NB that there's at least one maybe two standing doing absolutely nothing at all at any one time.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Years ago I went to an away match (think it might have been Sheffield Wednesday, but not certain) went down to the concourse at half time and the staff had pre poured what must have been over a hundred pints ready to serve!
Seemed such a sensible logical thing to do, but never seen it anywhere else.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure the catering is not managed by wolves at all? More a Thurs party?
Even so, Wolves select the third party and still have some oversight/responsibility for them.

Can't say I've tried the food, or a beer, at HT this season but in the South Bank the queue seems a lot longer/slower when trying to get through to the loo.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's run by a company called Compass Group. A very successful FTSE 100 enterprise, but they just can't seem to get it right at Molinuex

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Because then it would be just a "Mix"?

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think you're asking a lot of people to get through watching the Wolves for 90 minutes without alcohol

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Years ago I went to an away match (think it might have been Sheffield Wednesday, but not certain) went down to the concourse at half time and the staff had pre poured what must have been over a hundred pints ready to serve!
Seemed such a sensible logical thing to do, but never seen it anywhere else.
They definitely did that at Derby in our 02/03 promotion season - really surprised it didn't cotton on further & wider

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea why anyone goes for the offensively overpriced slop they have on offer. Food or drink!
Fancy screen or not. All you can be guaranteed to feel is disappointment and like you've been robbed

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They definitely did that at Derby in our 02/03 promotion season - really surprised it didn't cotton on further & wider
That requires foresight and planning. Also may have to pay staff for an extra half hour work

bigwolf

Reaction score
They were giving away free pies in the Southbank at the end of the game as they had not sold them all.

Back
Top Bottom