Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A question for those who have renewed their season tickets.

If Terry Connor is appointed manager will you request a refund on your season ticket?

• Total voters
S

Stewarton Wolf

On the basis that there is a strong case for a refund given the terms and conditions of sale (19 Premier League games). Will you ask for a refund if Connor is appointed full time manager?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

teedw

Load of rubbish, if anyone only wants to support a premier league team then they'd have been better off 'picking' another team.

On the plus side, hopefully will see a few more wins at the mol next season

Inky

Reaction score
I won't be asking for a refund, but a drop in price would have been nice.

J

johnybig32

Oh how I have missed the regular contributions of SW!

Any real fan wouldn't. I'm sure some would though!

As I said elsewhere, if it is TC, jusge him on the players he brings in and the way he plays.

It won't be him though!

Now uses Tapatalk...aren't you lucky!

A

andyc225

If you actually want to give up your season ticket based on that, then might I suggest you make your way down the Birmingham Road to Stripey Central.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. Not approving of the manager would mean I would hardly have been their the last 20 years!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would much prefer someone else in charge but to hand back the ticket thus not supporting my team........... Anyone who would I wish didn't support anyway! $$$$ing monkeys

E

Edgmond Wolf

On the basis that there is a strong case for a refund given the terms and conditions of sale (19 Premier League games). Will you ask for a refund if Connor is appointed full time manager?

Bloody hell where have you been??:D

E

Edgmond Wolf

This is a real easy choice!!

1. Go shopping with the missus?
2. Do DIY jobs
3. Watch footie

No brainer really

W

Wolvesthrunthru

Not a chance

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never. Selecting Megson as manager would be a different matter. Then I'd be hand delivering it back to Moxey's house followed by a big dollop of dog $$$$.

S

Stewarton Wolf

Never. Selecting Megson as manager would be a different matter. Then I'd be hand delivering it back to Moxey's house followed by a big dollop of dog $$$$.
I would rather have Megson than Connor by a long way. However, neither would be on my long list.

1965Wolf

I love Wolves too much to give up my ticket,whoever is in charge.

Perhaps it's easier for the likes of me who have been through the Bhatti era.

B

BigBadWolfie

Funnily enough we were discussing this very subject on the way home from the game yesterday. That's me and the other two home and away season ticket holders I travel to games with.

I've been going home and away since the mid 80's, they since the early 90's. We all agreed that in all that time we have been going we have never felt so despondent about supporting Wolves as now. Trust me there have been some low points in this time so this is how bad things have got. Maybe it's the here and now but we have become so disillusioned. We haven't been to the last two away games and are not going to Wigan.

After much debate about whether to return our season tickets we have decided to wait and see who the Chuckle Brothers appoint. I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number of games I have enjoyed this season. I would quite happily give up my HST (particularly if Megson is appointed :eek: ) and pick and choose games next season, which are more likely to be away I as prefer them to home games anyway and don't think there will be a problem getting tickets for away matches next season whether I'm a HST or AST. I've been thinking of giving up my AST for a while as I always get a crap seat allocation. We have only justified keeping them and paying the admin fee the last few seasons just to guarantee Albion away tickets.

I think the club should be very worried that they are now so out of touch with supporters that even the hardcore are being alienated to the point of giving up. It's enough to drive someone down the pub. Oh that's already happening. Well done Mr Moxey! :D

I love supporting Wolves and so do my fellow season ticket holders, but we have family and other things that can so easily fill the void, and once they do and we are out of the habit of going every week it will be very hard for the club to get us back on a regular basis.

I really hope the club make an inspiring appointment so we can justify our continued support next season. They've already driven a few thousand to give up their early birds and there could be a few more thousand driven away again in the next few weeks.

M

Metro Wolf 2007

Funnily enough we were discussing this very subject on the way home from the game yesterday. That's me and the other two home and away season ticket holders I travel to games with.

I've been going home and away since the mid 80's, they since the early 90's. We all agreed that in all that time we have been going we have never felt so despondent about supporting Wolves as now. Trust me there have been some low points in this time so this is how bad things have got. Maybe it's the here and now but we have become so disillusioned. We haven't been to the last two away games and are not going to Wigan.

After much debate about whether to return our season tickets we have decided to wait and see who the Chuckle Brothers appoint. I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number of games I have enjoyed this season. I would quite happily give up my HST (particularly if Megson is appointed :eek: ) and pick and choose games next season, which are more likely to be away I as prefer them to home games anyway and don't think there will be a problem getting tickets for away matches next season whether I'm a HST or AST. I've been thinking of giving up my AST for a while as I always get a crap seat allocation. We have only justified keeping them and paying the admin fee the last few seasons just to guarantee Albion away tickets.

I think the club should be very worried that they are now so out of touch with supporters that even the hardcore are being alienated to the point of giving up. It's enough to drive someone down the pub. Oh that's already happening. Well done Mr Moxey! :D

I love supporting Wolves and so do my fellow season ticket holders, but we have family and other things that can so easily fill the void, and once they do and we are out of the habit of going every week it will be very hard for the club to get us back on a regular basis.

I really hope the club make an inspiring appointment so we can justify our continued support next season. They've already driven a few thousand to give up their early birds and there could be a few more thousand driven away again in the next few weeks.

Good post and accurate I think. The club are constantly selling at us now to the point that they have forgotten what the product is and to deliver some value. Its what can happen with accountants in charge.

D

Deleted member 3518

Excellent post, home and away supporter for more than 50 years and yet I feel far more disillusioned than at any point previously. People on this thread quote the Bhatti years and yes I was there (attended every game, home and away!) but the feeling then was "us against the world", which brought some sort of solidarity and peverse enjoyment in attending games, not least because we thought it may be the last!

Now it's just a feeling of total apathy, nobody seems to give a s£££. Maybe it's old-age or maybe the travel, 6 hours on a crowded train with Everton fans for what?

Am seriously considering a refund if they appoint TC as manager, so that makes me not a true fan and "do better going to support the Albion", so be it! Simple question though, if you didn't book under the earlybird are you a "true fan" or does the label only apply to those that did and now are considering a refund?

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally different matter if you want a refund just because we are not in the prem in my opinion , my dad has said the same , he would really consider giving his back because it shows they are totally out of touch with the fans and don't really care what we think , I gave mine up last season after 10 in succession , my decision was based on family commitments and not actually enjoying it the way I used to because of kick off times , lack of atmosphere and boring football , still been to 16 games this season 13 at home but only because season ticket holders were selling them cheap , I wouldn't have bought direct from the club ...

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next season im hoping the passion for it all comes flooding back for me and many others, but if the board show a total lack of ambition with appointing Connor , selling our major assets and not replacing them with players that can make a positive impact ( not Egbert Johnnson ) I may decide for the time being I should take my young son to watch some non league at Kidderminster harriers a club that needs funds not a club that's going to just take the $$$$ and think oh they won't go anywhere !!! Never thought I'd hear myself say it but that's how I've started to feel ...

D

Dewsburywolf

Simple question though, if you didn't book under the earlybird are you a "true fan" or does the label only apply to those that did and now are considering a refund?

Not sure they're actually on sale to non Early Birders yet are they?

M

Mickyboy

Agree, I hope to be leaving the Golden Palace with a smile on my face next year. That's more than I have done this year. Have you seen the poll on wolvesnews.co.uk via newsnow for a new manager - pretty smart.

S

Stewarton Wolf

For clarification, this isn't a question of being in the premier league or not, this is about Connor being the manager nest season and the level of ambition or lack of it would demonstrate.

M

Mickyboy

Load of rubbish, if anyone only wants to support a premier league team then they'd have been better off 'picking' another team.

On the plus side, hopefully will see a few more wins at the mol next season

If you are a fan you are a fan, and there's nothing you can do about it. I go to the match to get rid of the stress throughout the week, unfortunately Molineux this year has just added to it. Hopefully next year I will be leaving the Golden Palace with a smile on my face!!! Have you seen the poll at wolvesnews via www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Wolves 'Time for Change' pretty smart.

D

Deleted member 3518

Not sure they're actually on sale to non Early Birders yet are they?

Dews - the earlybird was open to all, so my point is this - if somebody renewed at that point but are now considering a refund because of the appointment of TC or the total mismangement of the club since the re-newal are they less of a fan than those who, for whatever reason, didn't book in the first place!

D

Dewsburywolf

Dews - the earlybird was open to all, so my point is this - if somebody renewed at that point but are now considering a refund because of the appointment of TC or the total mismangement of the club since the re-newal are they less of a fan than those who, for whatever reason, didn't book in the first place!

Must have misinterpretted the statement. I'll not be after a refund whatever the manager outcome. I support Wolverhampton Wanderers NOT the manager

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Paying customers have more of a voice if they do chose unwisely.

In the ground, on match day, you can collectively make your displeasure known.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must have misinterpretted the statement. I'll not be after a refund whatever the manager outcome. I support Wolverhampton Wanderers NOT the manager

Ditto. You either do or you are not a Wolves "supporter".
Clue is in the word, supporter

D

Deleted member 3518

Philosophical question then, does supporting the current regime constitute supporting Wolverhampton Wanderers?

As qoted previously, I supported the Wolves home and away throughout the whole of the Bhattis debacle (and before and since) and was often villified by fellowe fans as giving succour to the "evil" regime. What is an undeniable fact is that in those days the match day attendances plummeted. So we now have yet again the clarion call of the "true" fans who tell others to ££££ of to the Albion. In my experience it is exactly those self-same fans who are the first to disappear!!!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Philosophical question then, does supporting the current regime constitute supporting Wolverhampton Wanderers?

As qoted previously, I supported the Wolves home and away throughout the whole of the Bhattis debacle (and before and since) and was often villified by fellowe fans as giving succour to the "evil" regime. What is an undeniable fact is that in those days the match day attendances plummeted. So we now have yet again the clarion call of the "true" fans who tell others to ££££ of to the Albion. In my experience it is exactly those self-same fans who are the first to disappear!!!

The current regime will have $$$$ed off long before the true backbone of the club have. That's us the fans.

D

Dewsburywolf

The current regime will have $$$$ed off long before the true backbone of the club have. That's us the fans.

The Wanderers are ours
The Wanderers are ours
$$$$ Off Jez Moxey
The Wanderers are ours

Best chant from yesterday by a long way

Back
Top Bottom